The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Newbie in need of suggestions

chobo

affiliate
I've been working on websites on and off for the last few years, but never had anything take off. The last few days I have been looking into comparison site engines like yahoo shopping, shopping.com, etc... For a newbie just starting out do think it would be a good idea to try and use one of these web services to make a small comparison site, or possibly a niche site?

Due to past experiences I really don''t want to spend a lot of time in developing it, I kind of need to taste a bit of success to get some motivation going and if I take too long I might not complete it. Does anyone have any experience with those services? Or, could someone recommend some other ones. I would like to focus on computers and electronics mainly because it is an area I am a lot more familiar with.

Thanks in advance!

Hi chobo,

Welcome to 5 Star. Hmmm, not sure but have a pretty strong feeling that's not a great place to start unless maybe you just focused on one small sub-niche of electronics that's not too competitive.

You said: "I really don''t want to spend a lot of time in developing it" The other thing you could try that's free and easy is Squidoo or Hubpages. Blog about, write about and review a very specific electronic sub niche. Computers and electronics are so competitive though. Sure you want to start there?

I'll give squidoo and hubpages a try, and keep researching a bit more. Hopefully find some less competitive niches along the way.

When you guys setup affiliate sites how do you bring in high rates of traffic? Is it mostly from backlinks or keyword selection. I had sites way back when and SEO didn't do squat for me, just high traffic back links.

Thanks!

banners
Back