The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

New to Email Marketing

nuno-moro

affiliate
Hello all !
i am new to Email Marketing and i'm about to start an SMTP server for my own, i have a licensed PowerMTA, what i'm trying to do is setting up my own SMTP server, i'm willing to rent a VPS from TransIP and start with a single ip and test the whole set up, i mean installing powermta and configuring the spf/dkim/dmarc/rdns then setting up Interspire.
my question is am i missing something ? is there something i should know?
i know i haven't been very technical in my description, but hey i'm just starting :D
hope this forum will be an exchange platform for us all, thanks in advance !

Hello all !

Hello @nuno-moro , great to have you here. Welcome to AffiliateFix!

i am new to Email Marketing and i'm about to start an SMTP server for my own, i have a licensed PowerMTA, what i'm trying to do is setting up my own SMTP server, i'm willing to rent a VPS from TransIP and start with a single ip and test the whole set up, i mean installing powermta and configuring the spf/dkim/dmarc/rdns then setting up Interspire.
my question is am i missing something ? is there something i should know?
i know i haven't been very technical in my description, but hey i'm just starting :D
hope this forum will be an exchange platform for us all, thanks in advance !

Sounds ambitious for a Newbie to Email Marketing.

Looking forward to your posts and threads.

See you around the forums.

Check out the DOJO as it is full of great tools and contributions for successful marketers. Click the banner below to learn more.

Good Luck

T J

You pretty much covered it.

Make sure you get clean IPs.
One your up and running, then set up feedback loops.
Create a seed list to test with or use a service.

I am not good when it comes to configuration of the smtp server but i can say that you have just challenged me especially now that you are a newbie and i am a person who has been on email marketing for quite sometime now. I do not own any server of my own and I have been using the servers that belong to a local hosting company within my country. I will however be doing research and see whether there is need for me to make that upgrade. You have really challenged me buddy.

Hello, I'm also new to email marketing, I'll been reading through the post and there is some great information here, thanks Guys for the info you have posted I have a better understanding of what to do.

How many emails do you want to send per day? There are several ways you can send them instead of PowerMeta or other rocket science stuff.

MI
Back