The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

New guy on the block

MarkAffiliate

affiliate
Hey guys,

My name is Mark and after a long time of procrastinating i have decided to give AM a go!

Im currently a full time student, doing business school in the Netherlands. So i was hoping to apply some of the knowledge i have picked up (i pay attention sometimes) to the Internet Marketing game.

Thanks for reading!

Kind regards,
Mark

Hey guys,

My name is Mark and after a long time of procrastinating i have decided to give AM a go!

Im currently a full time student, doing business school in the Netherlands. So i was hoping to apply some of the knowledge i have picked up (i pay attention sometimes) to the Internet Marketing game.

Thanks for reading!

Kind regards,
Mark
Hello Mark,

Welcome onboard, and you have some fine AM networks in Holland so plenty of offers to get started with ;)

WELCOME ABOARD ...
thumbsup.png

WELCOME ABOARD ...
thumbsup.png

Thanks for your input! Yeah i tend to avoid all things french with a few exceptions haha!

Yeah expansion into the right markets is always better however, my German is abysmal and the younger generation isn’t a problem but the older generation is not always that great with foreign languages. Not sure about Scandinavia, unfamiliar with their culture and languages.

Hence why i picked the U.S. Because the market is big and my English is at such a level that i do not have any problems communicating my message in English.

Do you know what ACH and EBT is?

Not that familiar but i believe both are acronyms used in the financial world? Where i believe that ACH is a type of networks used by banks? At least, thats how far my knowledge reaches on those 2 lol.

Or are they acronyms in the marketing world as well?

Hello and welcome to AffiliateFix!

So i was hoping to apply some of the knowledge i have picked up (i pay attention sometimes) to the Internet Marketing game.

Would some newbie info help you? There are a couple of links that we can recommend, if you'd like.

Anytime you have a question, need help, or want to share some good information, just start a thread to let us know.

Enjoy the forums, Mark!

Hello and welcome to AffiliateFix!

Would some newbie info help you? There are a couple of links that we can recommend, if you'd like.

Anytime you have a question, need help, or want to share some good information, just start a thread to let us know.

Enjoy the forums, Mark!

Yeah some newbie info would be great!

I always like to recommend that newbies start with these threads:

WIKI (START HERE)
Newbie Helpdesk

When you're ready, there is also an excellent e-Book available in audio and pdf format that comes as a freebie with an upgraded account. It spells everything out in simple language and provides a checklist for running a campaign.

These may provide you with some help and encouragement, too:

Follow-alongs and Journeys
Guides, Case Studies and Tutorials
Success Stories and Bragging

Don't forget to let us know if you need help with anything. :)

Thanks!

Would it be better to focus on the dutch market? The U.S. Alot bigger in comparison?
NL market is good for AM that is for sure, but you don't have to limit yourself.

What kinds of campaigns do you want to run and which traffic sources? But i will say specializing is good, most of the best are doing that.

Selling into markets you don't fully understand usually has strange results;
Like when GM tried to manufacture and sell the Chevrolet Nova in Mexico -- No va means no go in Spanish -- classic FAIL!

What surprises me is how many sayings in American slang that US buyers would feel comfortable with do not parallel in meaning with other cultures --and visa versa. <<< that is what is meant by my comment.

I have done business globally for years and to this day it is frustrating -- people just don't get it sometimes or at other times have perspectives that are strange to me.

One thing I know from 40 years of selling -- people buy from trusted sources. One way to gain trust is by commonality; especially when you are unbranded, an unknown entity ...

Last edited:
MI
Back