The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

My name is Geoffrey Cookson I am 72 years of age bachelor and I live in Barnsley South Yorkshire.

geoffc107

affiliate
I am looking at doing mobile marketing but I have a number of questions:

1) Hosting ... I am told I need VPS initially so is Stormondemand 2G Ram $50/month ok.

2) Domains -Godaddy or Namecheap Do the domains need to be niche specific or can they be anything cheap, also can I use addon domains?

3) Tracking I have Prosper202 (the free version) is that ok I saw it on the Adplexity video but was not sure it was the free version.

4) Adplexity saw the video and thought it was amazing will signup shortly.

5) Filezilla I have this on my computer which will help putting up landers and checking them.

Apart from funding the traffic is this all I need please.

I am looking at doing mobile marketing but I have a number of questions:

1) Hosting ... I am told I need VPS initially so is Stormondemand 2G Ram $50/month ok.

2) Domains -Godaddy or Namecheap Do the domains need to be niche specific or can they be anything cheap, also can I use addon domains?

3) Tracking I have Prosper202 (the free version) is that ok I saw it on the Adplexity video but was not sure it was the free version.

5) Filezilla I have this on my computer which will help putting up landers and checking them.

Welcome to AffiliateFix @GEOFFREY COOKSON !

You posted this in the Introductions forum. Please post a proper introduction.

Moved to Newbies Helpdesk.

Sounds a bit steep for a beginner VPS. I use Bluehost VPS for $29 per month which comes with two cores, two GB RAM, inmlimited bandwidth, and a load of other great options including CPanel and WHM. Many here like Beyond Hosting, LiquidWeb, DigitalOcean, etc. There are loads of good ones. many times, you will get recommendations for using a CDN as well.

For domains, GoDaddy!

Domains should reflect the niche unless you are branding.

Prosper has the free version which you have and they also have a premium version called Tracking202.

you will find that Voluum is the most popular among mobile marketers here. However, AdsBridge, Thrive, TrackingDesk, and FunnelFlux are all represented here and each seem to have a solid following.

:)

Good ftp program.

Every business needs:

1. a plan
2. a schedule for research, learning, and execution
3. a budget.

Remember to read through our WIKI and get to know the basics as well as some of the buzz words in the industry.

Here is a set of immediate goals:

Select a vertical
Select a couple of networks and get your approval
Select a traffic source
Create a schedule for researching, learning (training), and working. This is a business, treat it as such!
Create a budget for every expense (daily, weekly, monthly)
Be very active in this forum by researching, asking questions, helping others when you are able.

Remember This! : Nothing has to be perfect before you start. Read & study, but invest and implement at the same time. You cannot learn all of it from reading and studying. A great deal of your learning comes from implementing!

Good Luck!

T J

Hi, Geoffrey!

AdsBridge is a tracker and landing page creator, and we can offer you a free 30-day trial if you’re interested. We also have guides that will help you along with your setup.

Write me a Private Message if you have any questions!

-Zach

Hi, Geoffrey!

AdsBridge is a tracker and landing page creator, and we can offer you a free 30-day trial if you’re interested. We also have guides that will help you along with your setup.

Write me a Private Message if you have any questions!

-Zach
For now Zach I will hold fire and see how things progress but I will keep this information on file for the future, hopefully the near future. I rather like the idea of having a landing page creator and tracker on the same site though.

First, welcome to this wonderful home Geoffrey.All the things that you have mentioned above are very important, you need to have them well figured out when you are starting a journey in internet marketing. However, the specifications will highly depend on what you want to do. Just some things to note is that hosting is very critical. You need to identify a service provider that is very good i terms of speed and even bandwidth. These are the two key things that may work for you or against you. Make sure you comparisons.

First, welcome to this wonderful home Geoffrey.All the things that you have mentioned above are very important, you need to have them well figured out when you are starting a journey in internet marketing. However, the specifications will highly depend on what you want to do. Just some things to note is that hosting is very critical. You need to identify a service provider that is very good i terms of speed and even bandwidth. These are the two key things that may work for you or against you. Make sure you comparisons.

Thanks for the information it seems I joined a good site where information and help is available. Thanks again

Sounds a bit steep for a beginner VPS. I use Bluehost VPS for $29 per month which comes with two cores, two GB RAM, inmlimited bandwidth, and a load of other great options including CPanel and WHM. Many here like Beyond Hosting, LiquidWeb, DigitalOcean, etc. There are loads of good ones. many times, you will get recommendations for using a CDN as well.

For domains, GoDaddy!

Domains should reflect the niche unless you are branding.

Prosper has the free version which you have and they also have a premium version called Tracking202.

you will find that Voluum is the most popular among mobile marketers here. However, AdsBridge, Thrive, TrackingDesk, and FunnelFlux are all represented here and each seem to have a solid following.

:)

Good ftp program.

Every business needs:

1. a plan
2. a schedule for research, learning, and execution
3. a budget.

Remember to read through our WIKI and get to know the basics as well as some of the buzz words in the industry.

Here is a set of immediate goals:

Select a vertical
Select a couple of networks and get your approval
Select a traffic source
Create a schedule for researching, learning (training), and working. This is a business, treat it as such!
Create a budget for every expense (daily, weekly, monthly)
Be very active in this forum by researching, asking questions, helping others when you are able.

Remember This! : Nothing has to be perfect before you start. Read & study, but invest and implement at the same time. You cannot learn all of it from reading and studying. A great deal of your learning comes from implementing!

Good Luck!

T J

Thank you for the information it was very very helpful. I did post a reply but was not sure it got to you.

Yes sounds good
Prosper with mobile needs some additional things to track mobile carriers
Better not using prosper if u wanna go with mobile

Already received information on Prosper202 but thanks. Got the following information from a guy called T.J.Tutor

banners
Back