The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

My Google Ads campaign is stuck in 'eligible' status. Please help.

OscarMike

Hi guys, I set up a campaign in Google ads (Display). I set my daily budget to something really small ($5) to start. For the last 4 days, my campaign is stuck in eligible status. It won't start.

I've read that it will start eventually if it says "eligible (learning)." But my campaign doesn't say this - it just says "eligible."

Can you please help? Do I need to increase the daily budget to get the campaign started?

Thanks

Your campaign might be in review, it will take a few days to get it approved, till then wait and watch, don't make any unnecessary changes to your campaign till then. You can increase the budget once it is up and running.

Your campaign might be in review, it will take a few days to get it approved, till then wait and watch, don't make any unnecessary changes to your campaign till then. You can increase the budget once it is up and running.

Why does it take so long for them to approve a campaign? To give a comparison, when I run a Propeller Ads campaign, it only takes 30 minutes.

You are the new guy spending $5 day (@_@) --lower priority I suppose ...

Exactly!

Google has little to no interest in such low ad budgets. One of my current new campaigns was approved in about an hour this past Monday with a daily budget of $1500, and that's just for testing.

I do sometimes find a reason for a daily budget as low as $500 on Google, but that's rare.

I can't see any value on a daily budget of $5, anywhere, especially on Google. You couldn't possibly be buying enough data with a bid like that to determine any campaign requirements and adjustments.

Google has little to no interest in such low ad budgets. One of my current new campaigns was approved in about an hour this past Monday with a daily budget of $1500, and that's just for testing.

Geez @T J Tutor!, i wish i had such a daily budget to spend ;)
I guess with time you know what you are doing and you have the means of your strategy! The most i recall spending in daily budget was $250. Just a small fish in a very very big pond.

Google for sure has all the traffic you need if you are willing to put in the price.

Google for sure has all the traffic you need
This is true for well thought out content sites. Not so much for other endeavors. I use all the other options for the more traditional CPA stuff I do. Loads of great traffic options available out there for running CPA offers.

with time you know what you are doing and you have the means of your strategy! The most i recall spending in daily budget was $250.

I've spent many years building the budgets of my content sites. Each stands on their own as separate business ventures. When I started the last one I started with a daily testing budget of around $500 and believe me when I say that is a very small budget on Google. Remember that you need to spend every day when you have your campaign dialed in and the affiliate programs pay weekly at best, some only monthly on the high end stuff. So the minimum is $3500 a week for just one site.

This is why I say to every member as often as I can to treat this like a business, budget properly, do not pay yourself until the budget can support both the business costs and paying you. The business comes first, you come second. This is how the business survives. Long term businesses provide long term rewards.

Last edited:
Just a small fish in a very very big pond.

Me too in many ways! I am not the top affiliate in the affiliate programs I promote. One of the top affiliates I know with one of the jet charter affiliate programs I promote is spending $50k a week at least, I see his ads everywhere. Most like him are in the big leagues and earning money you and I dream about. I was at a private party last year for a video software launch that had just finished and there were two affiliates there that had earned over $250k each in the six week launch. There are some really big dogs out there in this game!

Take a look at some of the affiliate contests out there. We have companies in our Resources area that promote their contests here. Every week I see some of them giving $25k, $50k, even $100k bonuses along with Porsches, Aston Martins, Lambos, etc., along with the cash.

There are some extremely big dogs in the game. I copy what they do and that is really the secret to my successes. They can be your successes too!

OscarMike,​

Eligible means it's running. Check traffic data such as impressions and clicks. You should at least have some impressions if not both. The $5 daily budget might be holding Google back on serving up your ads, depending on what the keyword costs are.

See what the data is telling you first and adjust accordingly.

MI
Back