The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Moving Blog Content Without Flagging for Plagiarism

pinkeyedjim

affiliate
So I've got a Blogger blog, and I'd like to start another blog on my own domain using Wordpress. The problem is, I'd like to use some of the content I've already written on my Blogger blog in my new blog, and post it piecemeal.

Is there a good way to do this without getting one or both domains nerfed by Google for plagiarism?

Is there a good way to do this without getting one or both domains nerfed by Google for plagiarism?

If you own the content, it won't be plagerizing.

pla·gia·rism
ˈplājəˌrizəm/
noun
  1. the practice of taking someone else's work or ideas and passing them off as one's own.
    synonyms: copying, infringement of copyright, piracy, theft, stealing;
    informalcribbing

Ok so I misspoke. I'd rather not have it get flagged as duplicate content and suffer the SEO nerf that comes with that.

Sure I wouldn't be plagiarizing myself, so I'm not worried about copyright claims or anything.

I just don't want Google to flag my new blog as an aggregator or autoblog because of the duplicate content.

Ok so I misspoke. I'd rather not have it get flagged as duplicate content and suffer the SEO nerf that comes with that.

Sure I wouldn't be plagiarizing myself, so I'm not worried about copyright claims or anything.

I just don't want Google to flag my new blog as an aggregator or autoblog because of the duplicate content.

Yep, either use the Canonical Link (Yoast's Article on the use of canonicals.), or you can rewrite the content, which is what i do.

Thank You! This is the first time I've heard of rel=canonical, but you're right, it's exactly what I needed.
I was working for an adult webcam company and for affiliate tools we had white label sites. They allowed affiliates to have their own branded web cam sites and part of the programming was to insert a Canonical link that told Google and others that the content came from one site. Some SEO hated that, I had a different approach. I built a custom splash page and did all my SEO on that page. I still had the canonical link, but for a while did pretty well with white labels

MI
Back