The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Monetizing My Site That Ranks in Search Engines

jahelmie

affiliate
I have a site that gets about 120-150 unique visitors a day. However, I am not really sure what to do with it. I put up adsense, and it makes about 10-18 dollars a month. But I feel It can do better.

I am not trying to promote this site to anyone in this forum and it is not even relevant so dont get mad I just need some help with it. downloadphotoeditingsoftware.org (I am sure this forum will delete this whole line anyway because whoever reviews this will think I am promoting BUT I AM NOT! Why would I promote a photo website to affiliates?)

I just need to figure out if there is a better way to monetize it. I have a little bit of content on there, and it ranks well enough in the search engines. This was a site I did in about a week and slowly added a little more content here and there when I was bored. So I really do not have sales pitches, but I just believe I can be doing better with it. It's not making enough for me to waste to much time on it now, but I think with over 100 unique visitors a day it could be making more and I could put a little more time into it.

Please tell me what you think.

I am not trying to promote this site to anyone in this forum and it is not even relevant so dont get mad I just need some help with it. downloadphotoeditingsoftware.org (I am sure this forum will delete this whole line anyway because whoever reviews this will think I am promoting BUT I AM NOT! Why would I promote a photo website to affiliates?)

You are exactly right and that's how forum mods think due to previous abuse by others, but since you were careful to explain and it's not a sneaky way to self promote and the link is not live, I'll leave it up because it does help to give an answer if we can see the site.

Short on time so just took quick peek and hopefully others have feedback, but here's my 1st thought. I see you have a few products scattered through-out posts, but I'd add a couple more then have them all listed in sidebar. Or link to posts about each. With the benefits of the type of product in the anchor text so you attract the right type of prospect. So sidebar links would be something like:

Learn Photoshop Here
Buy Photoshop Here
Photoshop Tutorials
Cheaper than Photoshop
Compare Editing software (with link to a page that compares, reviews, sells 3 options diff options.)

So a couple more products, more visibility for them, and categorization/description in anchor to help them find the right product. So no matter what blog page they land on from the SERPS, they can get to the right product based on what they may have a need for.

Now it seems like you are primarily pushing the no name Clickback product at top of each page. Not sure how well it converts. Then may have a link to some other product in the post.

I'd have a variety of options they can easily find on each page. (Either 3 choices on top of page or a list of all in the sidebar, or both.) So if they already have PS, they may want to learn to use it better, if they are on a budget may want a cheaper option, if they are shopping they may want to compare and then hopefully pick one out of 3, etc.

Does this make sense? (Again, sorry short on time to explain.)

Yeah, I know with my other sites that get only 10-15 visitors a day make an upwards of 150 dollars a piece a month promoting commission junction. But on my other sites I am actually pushing products a little harder.

I know that is still not much but I believe it is good for the low amount of traffic they receive.

And with the photo site getting some days 150 or more and that entire site makes 10-18 a month? I am doing something wrong for sure.

banners
Back