The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Mobile guides and Case studies

stipest

affiliate
Hi guys, can you recommend me any good resources to read before I start a mobile?
I've read Mobi Manifesto but it is closely connected with IMGrind forum and their tracker but that stuff is a little too expensive for me right now. I would rather invest $300 in testing traffic and campaigns.

Hey Eymard,

I am also looking to get into mobile and getting confused with so many traffic sources. So wanted to know if you have tried Mobicow personally and how did you find the traffic quality? I would surely go with them if it is your recommendation .:D

Leadbolt? I think it not junk adnetwork ) Mobikow half year ago was a good traffic source, don`t know how good it is at the moment...

My advice is.
If you really want to waste your money in mobile marketing then use the below networks.

Mobicow
Buzzcity
Decisive
Leadbolt
Inmobi.

These are first grade junk adnetworks.

All of those networks are great traffic sources. Quit bashing up traffic sources after spending $5 on campaign and not becoming profitable.

MobiCow: I have tested it and its a great network with good quality traffic.
BuzzCity: It has comparatively lower quality traffic but the clicks are cheap and its possible to get profitable there.
Decisive: I have not ran any campaigns on their network but I know many people who have had success there.
LeadBolt: Good quality traffic. CASE STUDY
Inmobi: This case study says otherwise!

Both of those case studies are by Ruck or Ryan

If you rely upon case studies then why gather data investing lot of dollars then??
Run campaign and rake money.
Its not possible right??
So those case studies are relics of past.
How much amount I have spent on the networks doesn't matter , because I trust my analytics and am confident about it.

If you rely upon case studies then why gather data investing lot of dollars then??
Run campaign and rake money.
Its not possible right??
So those case studies are relics of past.
How much amount I have spent on the networks doesn't matter , because I trust my analytics and am confident about it.

If it were as easy "Run a campaign and rake" then 999 of 1000 people wouldn't have failed in CPA marketing.
Spending a few dollars on a campaign doesn't gather enough data to say whether the traffic source is crappy.

People are spending 4 figures a day on some those traffic source, but they wouldn't if it was not making them money. Its not the traffic source thats problem.

Boss my inputs are only for those who can afford to spend few fifties in campaign.
I proudly say i invested only $50 to earn $144 . No data gathering or no tracking.
What i did was just a simple study of market for similar apps in that country.
Added to that i found which network provides high ecpm for such apps.

My advice is.
If you really want to waste your money in mobile marketing then use the below networks.

Mobicow
Buzzcity
Decisive
Leadbolt
Inmobi.

Mobicow - I have had a few $xx a day profitable campaigns.
Buzzcity - No successes.
Decisive - Currently have several $xxx a day profitable campaigns running on there currently :)
Leadbolt - No successes.
Inmobi - I Have had a few profitable campaigns in the past but cant get anything to work on there at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
My advice is.

Inmobi.

inMobi is my most profitable traffic source by leaps and bounds. Hell, I rarely waste time any more trying to scale on other traffic sources. For the mobile web, domain filtering is your friend. Treat your personally reconstructed domain filter list the same way you would an email suppression list. That sh*t should be like latinum to a Ferengi. Here's a clue. You can use it over and over again for new campaigns.

---

What's working for me and what I see a lot of people ignore.

Text Ads. Everybody is just too banner centric nowadays and completely ignore them.

---

Capturing All Leads. Pre-selling on confirmation with a redirect or call to action on exit. Using **** on your banners, a mobile tech if you can get away with, for the desktop traffic that slips through you aren't charged for on inMobi's mobile web network. When I hear people complain about inMobi, every single time, it's people thowing away free traffic. I'm not paying good money to just pass a lead to an advertiser. If they're willing to pay 20¢ to $10 per action, what is that lead really worth?

---

CPIs + A Hidden Feature In Android KitKat**** on inMobi's app network. 25MB or less installs on carrier traffic. 25MB and larger on WIFI. Always, always, always segment your phone and tablet campaigns. Yeah, it's extra work, but you're making money. I automate with some fancy bash scripting and curl. It was well worth the 200 bucks.

---

Retargeting. If you're not using it in 2014, you're a fool.

---

Onpage CTAs. You can have more than one in the page. A single button doesn't have to be the only CTA to your offer. Image links work just as well as buttons.

---

Long Copy. Don't be afraid of it. Test an actual webpage for once in your life instead of the grossly overused headline, sub-headline, hero image and cta lander that everyone and his mother is using. It can work. If you can write worth a damn at an sixth grade level in English like you're talking a friend, you're half way there to writing good copy.

You have to be like Serge in the movie, The Core. "I came here to save my wife and my two children and . . . seven billion lives . . . it's too much. I just hope I'm, I'm smart enough and brave enough to save three." Quit constructing your ads and landers as a be all to every visitor. Write and design for one.

---

Feature phones. Not everyone is banging away on a 'droid, iPhone or Winphone.

---

Redirection. It's in your tracker for a reason. Use it. You don't have to wait until you optimize for underperforming traffic. This is kind of a grey area, sell it to someone else to eat into your negative ROI. :D

----

Volume. You're not going to get any with a few creatives per campaign. (Learned that one the hard way.)

---

When you start collecting data, actually go through from beginning to end from where the lead originated. If it feels like crap to you, it's magnified for others.

---

In the words of Darth Vader,

-----

**** = keeping those secrets.

P.S. Those .001¢ clicks were an aberration.

Last edited:
banners
Back