The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Minimum tools and expense required to get started with CPA?

saadi

affiliate
Hi there,

I'm planning to set aside $150/month to invest in my CPA marketing endeavors. I'm planning to go ahead with Push traffic.

I want to ask that if this amount is sufficient enough?

Second, including the tracker, etc. what are the other tools that I may be requiring and what are total minimum monthly expenses I should keep in mind?

Not enough for push traffic probably.
You will need tracking tools -- will you try some open source trackers or pay a monthly fee for a SaaS product? That is maybe $40 - $70 per month alone.
Now you are down to $100/ month
Then a very basic webserver $5 mo at least
You will need to make prelanders for a selling funnel for your ads -- sending direct to some offers may work <most of the time it doesn't.
Maybe start with CPM Display or Popunders until you find some converting offers then progress to push or native CPC

A tool is only as good as the workman's ability. If you don't know the right way to drive a nail a golden hammer will not help.
I would suggest you look at the manuals/set-up instructions for a few trackers and see which ones you feel you will understand best (and be able to utilize their features).

Good enough for what? Do you know what you need to know already from your tracker app?
No, I don't really know what I would be doing with the tracker.

I mean, yes, I know what trackers do but I haven't done CPA marketing before so don't actually have the experience of using it.

Given my background, what tracker would you personally suggest?

A tool is only as good as the workman's ability. If you don't know the right way to drive a nail a golden hammer will not help.
I would suggest you look at the manuals/set-up instructions for a few trackers and see which ones you feel you will understand best (and be able to utilize their features).

Good enough for what? Do you know what you need to know already from your tracker app?

this: "I would suggest you look at the manuals/set-up instructions for a few trackers and see which ones you feel you will understand best (and be able to utilize their features)."
  • Do you have some ad network accounts yet?
  • Do you have some affiliate network accounts yet?
You need to have something to test a tracker with ... ads>>>offers>>tracker

No ad network account yet.

Affiliate Networks
MaxBounty, ShareASale, Revenue Wire and almost Roi-Collective. I'm saying almost because I've received some vague response from them which I'm going to follow up.

Find 3 offers that you think are good.
Do you have a server account that you can publish landing pages to? Do you have basic HTML/CSS skills? if no >
Do you have social media accounts that you can publish post on to serve as landing pages for now?

I do have my own blog on WordPress. I'm not sure if this is what you mean by having a server account.

Yes, I do have basic HTML/CSS skills.

this: "I would suggest you look at the manuals/set-up instructions for a few trackers and see which ones you feel you will understand best (and be able to utilize their features)."
  • Do you have some ad network accounts yet?
  • Do you have some affiliate network accounts yet?
You need to have something to test a tracker with ... ads>>>offers>>tracker

So as far as learning/discovery goes -- chose a few to study: AdsBridge --Features, Volumm, RedIO, I like the ClickerVolt - A FREE Dream-Come-True Tracker for Affiliates | self hosted too as an open source. What matters is what you can understand best, now ...

Ok, so here are the things that I need:

1. Ad Network membership
2. Affiliate Network Membership
3. Tracker
4. VPS
5. Hosting

Right?

Find 3 offers that you think are good.
Do you have a server account that you can publish landing pages to? Do you have basic HTML/CSS skills? if no >
Do you have social media accounts that you can publish post on to serve as landing pages for now?

Start slow with some CPM display like many other suggests to you really and you will be more than happy here. Exclude ShareASale cause they probably will want something else later and not push traffic. SEO only. For the rest start small with some ad network.

Can I achieve profitability without tracker?

I mean if I just use the very basic tracker facility provided by the traffic network that I may use?

WeirdPress is not a recommended landing page platform for any serious bulk ad volume.
wordpress.org free account? Or you mean on a server that you pay for that is hosting your blog?
HTML/CSS with limited PHP = fast loading.

I agree with TJTuror and Greaybeard, don't enter the paid traffic game without a tracker.

You should look into ClickerVolt, it's free, open source and has all you need for that.

Check out our page here -> ClickerVolt - A FREE Dream-Come-True Tracker for Affiliates |

It's still relatively new, but you may have a look at these user reviews to see what others think about it:
[ClickerVolt - Advanced Click Tracking for Affiliates] Reviews | WordPress.org

I have users coming from other paid trackers like Bemob or Funnel Flux and not regretting it.
Give it a try!

well, just make a regular sub domain for the landing pages and their graphics -- all hosting is not equal.
resource allocation is poor on cheap shared hosting
you really need VPS or better to do any high volume -- even with inexpensive CPM or pop ...

Hi, there! Have you tried EvaDav?

Publishers can use push notifications as an additional source of income for your site, thus x2 your revenue.

For advertisers, EvaDav has quality traffic in all GEOs. You can test your ad campaigns for as little as $100.

Good luck!

You know what they say: garbage in -- garbage out
I have found discrepancies of 10% to 40% on the networks' stats as compared to my own server's logs < I know my logs cannot be doctored and are right 100%. I think some error is inevitable however 40% o_O
You can use that data to stop wasting ad money --depending on the cost I suppose. If it's cheap enough it might be acceptable??

banners
Back