The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Milf Dating Campaign US/CA

mattyboy

affiliate
Hey All,

Started up a new campaign and figured I would try out running a study to get some insight from my fellow members. :)

Adult dating campaign but will try running the "Milf" niche. Got a couple CPL offers in rotation. Once can gain some traction, good conversion % and running somewhat profitable, I will try and switch to CPS to see if can make more and if the conversions hold.

Traffic Source(s): Ran some initial testing in Exoclick to test out banners, landers, etc. but got out of there quick fast! Running now on Traffic Junky.

Haven't done this before so tomorrow, I'll put up some numbers from today.

Any questions or suggestions, go ahead and ask or tell!

Mattyboy

Alright, so here goes. I'm already 3 days in but I will update on the first 2 since today is not finished yet :). I must also add that I also added AU into the mix since I'm trying to go more targeted with keywords related to the niche and, wanted to get more traffic. Started the campaign with 8 banners. Basically, 4 but with 2 background colors. Curious to see which works best..... Also setup the page so that when a banner is clicked, it will be the same picture as in the banner that appears on the page. Trying to keep some continuity. I also tried and make the lander, have some elements of the offer page. Was kind of tricky since right now I am rotating 6 offers, but by tonight, will start cutting the ones not converting as good.

DAY 1

IMPS: 242,917
Clicks: 463
CTR: 0.1906%
Click to Offer: 125
CTR: 26.9978%
Conversions: 11
Conv %: 8.8%
Spend: $107.14
Revenue: $43.90
Difference: $-63.24

To be honest, I was a little surprised with the results of day one in regards to conversions, but I'm not complaining! Started the campaign by attacking about 12 different ad zones to see which were working and also which may get conversions but the spend was too high. Went in, started eliminating banners which were doing less that 0.20% CTR with 3k impressions or more. Had to be careful. It's happened before that the banner with the lowest CTR gives the most conversions! So any that converted and under 0.20%, I left in play to see if it holds or was just luck. I should be cutting anything under 0.40% for the zones I'm attacking but for now, I will settle with 0.20% until I can see better trends of which banners are working for me. Won't be getting any new ones in just yet, will give it another day or so. Adjusted bids, higher or lower depending on how the zone was performing and also turned of a couple zones which were doing nothing for me.

DAY 2

IMPS: 179,164
Clicks: 345
CTR: 0.1926%
Click to Offer: 97
CTR: 28.1159%
Conversions: 6
Conv %: 6.1856%
Spend: $81.20
Revenue: $23.60
Difference: $-57.60

Well today, I was seeing the results of the zones I killed or lowered the bids on. Managed to get the daily spend down a little but the conversions also chopped in half and took my friend revenue along with it! The campaign CTR did only slightly better as well as the landing page CTR. I'm just going to do some banner optimization but I won't really touch anything else on it for today. Kind of want to see if any trends and going in right direction. What I may do is on the campaigns which are backing out somewhat but the spend is too high, I will maybe switch zones within the site to see if I can maintain the traffic and get the spend down a little. I'll update tomorrow on how that goes. I'm eager for the campaign to see black and then the next step will be to try and scale it up as high as we can go! But first things first, let's get it somewhat profitable.

*Also important to note and I'm sure you all experience this. There will always be a discrepancy between the clicks reported on the source site and in my tracking. This is most likely due to drop-offs, multiple clickers, etc. I will always show the amount of clicks as reported from the source and not my tracker. I feel it helps me go a bit harder.

You are paying like $0,3 for a click, it's 20 or 30 times than what i'm paying. When i was promoting the xxxblackbok, i had dais with $6 spent and 8 leads, sometimes the number of conversions you get depends on the day of the week.
Your butget is very good if you can run a campaign like this for a month or so.

On the source I'm running on, there is no CPC option, only CPM. So it's a little bit harder to get it all together and make the numbers work but I think it's worth it. With a good CTR, I should be able to get the eCPC down a bit. Good catch though, I wasn't even looking at it that way! Personally, I find their traffic to be a good quality.

Hi great case study.
Checking your stats and as i see you getting ~4$ per one conversation and you spending ~ 0.3$ per click well that mean if you want to be profitable then you should get one conversation per 13.33 click that is again ~ 13% Conv. %
Do not you think that this is far too high to achieve ?

Hi great case study.
Checking your stats and as i see you getting ~4$ per one conversation and you spending ~ 0.3$ per click well that mean if you want to be profitable then you should get one conversation per 13.33 click that is again ~ 13% Conv. %
Do not you think that this is far too high to achieve ?

Well, essentially, on a CPM, if I can get the CTR up, it will effectively bring the eCPC down so that's what I'm shooting for. But it is something that I am watching extremely closely especially after some optimization is done.

DAY 3

IMPS: 163,470
Clicks: 337
CTR: 0.2062%
Click to Offer: 93
CTR: 27.5964%
Conversions: 5
Conv %: 5.3763%
Spend: $71.38
Revenue: $19.55
Difference: $-51.83

So after judging from Day 3 stats, you can see that I'm having a little trouble on this source to find a sweet spot. Managing to keep the CTR up a tad with optimizations but then as I'm able to get the spend down a little, conversions and revenue are going along with it! I noticed that for ad spots for certain countries, the spend is higher than the performance. So, I figure that today, I will continue with some optimizations along with chopping bids, in countries not performing. My hope is that I can get the spend down a bit but maintaining the conversions and revenue and hopefully get the campaign on an upswing.

I also have a campaign that I setup at the same time as this one, which is doing a lot better and doing as I'm hoping. Same source, different niche in dating. Been 3 days also, here are some numbers.

DAY 1

IMPS: 93,745
Clicks: 173
CTR: 0.1845%
Click to Offer: 45
CTR: 26.0116%
Conversions: 2
Conv %: 4.4444%
Spend: $48.38
Revenue: $8.00
Difference: $-40.38

DAY 2

IMPS: 194,327
Clicks: 320
CTR: 0.1647%
Click to Offer: 86
CTR: 26.8750%
Conv %: 6.9767%
Spend: $60.78
Revenue: $24.00
Difference: $-36.78

DAY 3

IMPS: 201,680
Clicks: 282
CTR: 0.1398%
Click to Offer: 76
CTR: 26.9504%
Conversions: 7
Conv %: 9.2105%
Spend: $41.79
Revenue: $28.00
Difference: $-13.79

This campaign is showing me a lot more signs of life than the other and to me, looks more promising. I should not that on day 1, it was started late in the day so only had a few hours in and had to kind of let it run a little with initial bids to see traffic flow, etc. On day 2, optimized the creative a little, once again, anything with at least 3k impressions, and no conversions. I don't know what it is, and I'm sure I'm not alone, but I know on some of my diet campaigns, some of the ads with a low CTR, in some cases give me the most conversions! Anyway, on day 3, only optimized the bids for each country as I can see a bit better what I'm against and the trends. The CTR was going south a little but you may notice the lander CTR seems to be climbing slightly as well as the conversion % and revenue :)! I think today, I will try to get a few new creatives in to maybe help out the CTR along with cutting the underperformers. My hope is that with getting the CTR up a bit, I will save on the eCPC, and by tweaking my bids on winning spots, get a little bit more cut off the spend while maintaining, or more hopefully, increasing the conversion % along with revenue. This campaign is close to being break even, so I have shaky fingers. I really don't want to do anything to cause it to nosedive but as they say "No Guts, No Glory"!

Hey Guys...... Sorry I haven't updated the case study regularly. All these new regs in the diet vertical got me and my team all tied up! I figure I will update the last few days of stats. I decided to stick with the cheating campaign as it has better and fresher offers attached to it. Also, the first days you will see, didn't really have much time to get much optimization done. Especially going into and on day 5.... Anyway, here are some stats:

DAY 4

IMPS: 152,548
Clicks: 194
CTR: 0.1272%
Click to Offer: 59
CTR: 30.4124%
Conversions: 5
Conv %: 8.4746%
Spend: $32.20
Revenue: $20.00
Difference: $-12.20

DAY 5

IMPS: 162,428
Clicks: 278
CTR: 0.1712%
Click to Offer: 78
CTR: 28.0576%
Conversions: 3
Conv %: 3.8462%
Spend: $37.53
Revenue: $12.00
Difference: $-25.53

DAY 6

IMPS: 124,205
Clicks: 170
CTR: 0.1369%
Click to Offer: 43
CTR: 25.2941%
Conv %: 13.9535%
Spend: $27.11
Revenue: $24.00
Difference: $-3.11

DAY 7

IMPS: 193,507
Clicks: 278
CTR: 0.1437%
Click to Offer: 77
CTR: 27.6978%
Conversions: 12
Conv %: 15.5844%
Spend: $40.50
Revenue: $48.00
Difference: $7.50

DAY 8

IMPS: 176,111
Clicks: 260
CTR: 0.1471%
Click to Offer: 50
CTR: 19.2308%
Conversions: 10
Conv %: 20.0000%
Spend: $43.37
Revenue: $40.00
Difference: $-3.37

As you can see, day 4 & 5 I really slacked on the campaign. Had non performing banners running, didn't adjust bids so ta slower times, was way over paying and heavier times, wasn't getting any traffic at all! Anyway, going into day 6 we added a new offer into the rotation and it is performing very well while we're testing and trying to find the sweet spot. Had to also pause the campaign for a part of the day. It's new offer that's in beta right now so that's always a good thing! :). Going into day 7, really dug into the campaign, started eliminating banners, closed off or switched a zone or two and upped bids and spots that were performing well while trying to maintain the budget and wham! Think we're starting to see the light!! On day 8, added another offer into the rotation, so now there's 3 offers rotating, and they all seem to be doing well. Although the day was at a small loss, could be because I added a few banners and left a zone running a little longer than it should have. Also have an offer that I'm sending a small amount of traffic to that pays on paid signup. Just curious if it converts at all. That could change everything! It's doing very good on the free signups. I'm going to dig into it again today and I think that if it maintains around where it's at, may be time to add another source into the mix and try to scale this thing up. If any of you have any ideas or suggestions, I'm all ears!

Thanks for reading.....

Looking forward to you digging back into this - getting there tho mate - 1 positive already is a great start!

Looking forward to you digging back into this - getting there tho mate - 1 positive already is a great start!

Definitely exciting to see the positive day. Here is the latest update:

Well as we left off, the campaign was starting to head on an upswing and things were looking promising. Before the weekend was getting going, decided to go in again and really set things up. Closed out a zone that wasn't producing, moved it to another zone to test out, see if could get some traction there... Chopped down some more banners, so by now, after starting with close to 40, got the last batch in rotation along with the highest performing ones. As I mentioned earlier in the study, one of my best performing banners, conversion wise, has a shitty CTR! Well here are the last 3 days.

DAY 9

IMPS: 177,181
Clicks: 268
CTR: 0.1513%
Click to Offer: 86
CTR: 32.0896%
Conversions: 12
Conv %: 13.9535%
Spend: $47.59
Revenue: $48.00
Difference: $0.41

DAY 10

IMPS: 152,362
Clicks: 236
CTR: 0.1549%
Click to Offer: 81
CTR: 34.3220%
Conversions: 17
Conv %: 20.9877%
Spend: $30.58
Revenue: $68.00
Difference: $37.42

DAY 11

IMPS: 165,809
Clicks: 249
CTR: 0.1502%
Click to Offer: 91
CTR: 36.5462%
Conversions: 15
Conv %: 16.4835%
Spend: $34.19
Revenue: $60.00
Difference: $25.81

Well, the weekend went very well. Very pleased with the direction the campaign is taking. I introduced a few animated banners today for that new zone so we will see how those do but if it continues this way, I think it may be time to try and scale the campaign up. If anyone has any insight or suggestions, I'm all ears. I will be making some new banners this week and base them off the ones which are performing best and hopefully get the CTR up and the CPC down.

Thanks for reading and this may be the end of the study.....

Time to scale! Is the volume there?

That's the thing. I can start bidding higher to get more volume from the zones.... I have never tried scaling this type of campaign before. Gonna check day parting stats before hand to see if anything stands out....

Thoughts?

That's the thing. I can start bidding higher to get more volume from the zones.... I have never tried scaling this type of campaign before. Gonna check day parting stats before hand to see if anything stands out....

Thoughts?

Sounds sensible - what exactly are your targets?

There is a banner that i stole from a website from traffick junky that has very big bids, because i suposed that ifn someone is bidding very big has a very good banner. Then I tested the banner in juicyads and had a 0,50%CTR while my best banner had like 0,09%, but the problem is that the banner wasn't very related to the offer, And I don't still know how to update this kind of banner. I posted the banner before, is this one:

300x250-1364327745.jpg

There is a banner that i stole from a website from traffick junky that has very big bids, because i suposed that ifn someone is bidding very big has a very good banner. Then I tested the banner in juicyads and had a 0,50%CTR while my best banner had like 0,09%, but the problem is that the banner wasn't very related to the offer, And I don't still know how to update this kind of banner. I posted the banner before, is this one:

View attachment 1159

But i do not know why the animation doesn't work when i post it there.

MI
Back