The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Masking tracker

tooku

affiliate
Are there any self hosted tracker that can mask a url like clickmagick can?
Example affiliatelink.com/offer
The person clicking on the a tracking link: mydomain.com/offer, would still see mydomain.com/offer on the offer page.

Idk if the more expensive trackers like cpvlab or thrive can do this

iframe. Want landing page and offer link to have the same domain . Looks better when using social media like facebook as traffic source.

edit: happy new year btw!

If you mean the link in social media just use a server rewrite -- do you have a domain server?
Apache2 or Nginx?

As far as the ultimate destination: the offer's selling page (or landing page) may or not be able to be iframed -- generally it shouldn't be.
First see if that is even allowed.

The problem is do do with the referring page for the payment processing -- this HAS to be the seller's domain or a domain that the seller controls -- it's a security protocol for accepting payments. <<< this is pretty strict.

I use apache2 for landing pages
Like idk. I used the url masking of clickmagick (iframe id assume) before on cpa offers on maxbounty and it worked. But i wanted to switch to a self hosted tracker because they don't allow bulk traffic.

That's just a redirect tho? The traffic that clicks on the link wont see the same url in the offer page.

Ok so clickmagick's tracking link allows u to url mask an offer page.

Lets say my landing page url is coffeetips.com/landingpage and the affiliate link would be coffexhere.com/affid=343.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dont u think it would be more pleasing to the viewer if the url of the offer page was displayed as coffeetips.com/offer

See what and where?
  • the link itself in facebook (other)?
  • what is the final destination as seen in the browser's address bar?
start your own business and sell products -- then you can do that--you are the seller of goods.
You need to understand online selling and payment transactions.
Do you understand what a frame breaker code is? Most websites do this either in the server headers or in the website source code. So your iframe will NOT work.
-----
There are a few exception scenarios that I have seen done;

1. Your own landing page with a buy now link (or CTA Button) that triggers a popup to the seller's own domain to a payment form.
  2. A seller that agrees to allow your server IP to iframe his domain page and will provide you with a buy now link (or CTA Button) that triggers a popup to the seller's own domain to a payment form.
I don't understand your motivation in keeping the customer on your own domain; whether it is and ego-thing or you are trying to get some data? What is the reason?

Last edited:
Well yeah the point of the thread was not if the lead payer allowed me to do it or not xD. It was if there was a self hosted tracker that let me do this as easily as clickmagick :D! hope that clears up everything!

What. Obviously i check with my affiliate manager if it's ok to url mask the offer link or not. I don't get why are trying to change to subject of the thread to if the payer allows it or not. It's like no shit that they decide if it's ok or not.

Displayed in the address bar or the link on a webpage (or its link display at the bottom tool-tip)?
You are wasting your time -- the domain is the issue.
you can't post forms cross-domain unless the REAL (or target) domain authorized your post. Security 101 and a PCI-DSS violation.

There are workarounds including white labels when this is permitted.
Who ever owns the selling server makes the rules -- not the affiliate. Talk to the real seller and ask for permission -- that is the only way you can do this.

I am in the need for a great click tracking software that accurately tracks number of clicks and exactly where they come from.

There are many trackers available and most of them are very accurate in the tracked data. They allow capturing the data received from Traffic Sources in order to generate reports and optimize your campaigns.

You should consider what type of tracker you want to use first: a self-hosted tracker (keeping data private on your server) or cloud-based tracker. Then you need to see the budget that you are willing to invest in a tracker as the prices vary a lot and there are different subscription types.

I recommend that you try a few trial versions from the trackers that offer such an option to see which one is better for you.

If you want to check CPV Lab Pro, we have an online demo and a 30-days free trial available.

Cheers

Same thing ask the person who PAYS for the leads. He makes the rules ...
I block iframes on my servers -- but I can code header to accept 'certain' domains or IP addresses. Without that done your iframe will not load on my server <period>.

MI
Back