The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Making Money Online: A new beginning!

Alex Styles

affiliate
As a newbie to the 'making money online' business, deciding exactly which route to follow can be overwhelmingly complex due to the numerous types of business available whether they'd be affiliate marketing, adsense or even a combination of the two.

Making money online not only entails hard work but it is worth remembering that it has been around for a very long time. With that in mind, it is important for newbies to know that what we are doing and the effort which goes into it, are actually still relevant at the present moment.

As a certified, full time lawyer from Cyprus, I found the job to be generally enjoyable. I chose to study the law partly on my parents' advice but also because back in high school, like many people, I didn't really have a clear idea of what I wanted to do with my life.

Internet marketing never really entered my mind as a viable option until I began realizing that I was not particularly pleased with some aspects of the legal profession, the most important of which included the fact that I would be stuck in one country for the rest of my working life as well as the fact that, for the most part, the legal profession cannot generate passive income.

Unlike my boss at the law firm where I used to work, I have never been a workaholic. While I have nothing but massive respect for people who do consider themselves workaholics, in my view, these people are lucky in having discovered their niche in life and it would not be far from the truth to say that these people are probably in love with their jobs.

But not everyone is happy with their current jobs or lifestyles. In my case, having a life enriched with so many interests, I simply must divide my time between work and leisure. And so, having flexibility both in terms of working hours and mobility have become vitally important.

Being an avid student of psychology, I believe in psycho-analyzing myself in order to find out what it is that motivates me. I find that, for some strange reason, I can pursue certain projects only if I have conceived them! This mindset is, by its nature, very limiting. I can remember countless times when friends would come up with business ideas, only for me to partly or completely disregard them, probably because deep inside, I had never fully accepted those ideas.

This brings me to today. I have come to the decision that the best course of action is to follow my gut. If only I had known when I was in high school what I know now, I am sure that my life would have taken a different turn.

My goal is financial independence and I plan to achieve this through internet marketing. I know that with dedication and hard work, any goal is achievable.

Hello, Alex Styles!

Welcome to AffiliateFix!

You can certainly achieve financial freedom establishing online income streams, you just need to pick which business

model suits you better.

Feel free to check out the forum threads & ask any questions you may have.

Have a great day & see you around!:affiliatefix:

Hey Alex, I was in the same boat. I just left my job at a brokerage firm several days ago to dive into the affiliate marketing industry and do my own thing. I, too, am looking to become financially independent from something I conceive myself. Good luck :)

As a newbie to the 'making money online' business, deciding exactly which route to follow can be overwhelmingly complex due to the numerous types of business available whether they'd be affiliate marketing, adsense or even a combination of the two.

Making money online not only entails hard work but it is worth remembering that it has been around for a very long time. With that in mind, it is important for newbies to know that what we are doing and the effort which goes into it, are actually still relevant at the present moment.

As a certified, full time lawyer from Cyprus, I found the job to be generally enjoyable. I chose to study the law partly on my parents' advice but also because back in high school, like many people, I didn't really have a clear idea of what I wanted to do with my life.

Internet marketing never really entered my mind as a viable option until I began realizing that I was not particularly pleased with some aspects of the legal profession, the most important of which included the fact that I would be stuck in one country for the rest of my working life as well as the fact that, for the most part, the legal profession cannot generate passive income.

Unlike my boss at the law firm where I used to work, I have never been a workaholic. While I have nothing but massive respect for people who do consider themselves workaholics, in my view, these people are lucky in having discovered their niche in life and it would not be far from the truth to say that these people are probably in love with their jobs.

But not everyone is happy with their current jobs or lifestyles. In my case, having a life enriched with so many interests, I simply must divide my time between work and leisure. And so, having flexibility both in terms of working hours and mobility have become vitally important.

Being an avid student of psychology, I believe in psycho-analyzing myself in order to find out what it is that motivates me. I find that, for some strange reason, I can pursue certain projects only if I have conceived them! This mindset is, by its nature, very limiting. I can remember countless times when friends would come up with business ideas, only for me to partly or completely disregard them, probably because deep inside, I had never fully accepted those ideas.

This brings me to today. I have come to the decision that the best course of action is to follow my gut. If only I had known when I was in high school what I know now, I am sure that my life would have taken a different turn.

My goal is financial independence and I plan to achieve this through internet marketing. I know that with dedication and hard work, any goal is achievable.

Welcome to AffiliateFix Alex Styles!

Everyone has to start somewhere. Be active in this community, ask loads of questions, take action, and be committed. That's how it gets done!

Use this forum as a mentor. It's full of members at every level of experience which makes for many balanced perspectives for a Newbie to learn from. Take the time to read through the forums here and see for yourself that the Newbies achieving success have actually dedicated themselves to success in this industry and reaping the rewards by following the advice of fellow AffiliateFix members, being dedicated to success, putting the time in, and making the necessary investments. You cannot shortcut the learning curve. It goes slower for some and it goes faster for others. Everyone has their own intellectual absorption rates, skill development pace, commitment level, and budgets.

You are a FIX'er now and that means you have the world at your feet with IM. Here are a few suggestions:

Read and learn through extensive reading in this community. Select one vertical. one tracker, and one traffic source. Learn from your fellow members here to master each one of them (a couple of months). Then you can expand and replicate your successes.

As a Newbie, you need to read, study, invest, and implement. Perseverance, dedication, and taking action are the cornerstones of the success you will obtain.

Read
Read through the various areas of the forum to learn about the types of marketing available for your new business. Make a list of all the types of marketing and take some notes along the way. Then determine which area of marketing with which you will start your journey.

Do this to select an area of marketing to start, as well, do this to select a tracker, a traffic source, and to select a vertical.

Then read up on the affiliate networks and select two to begin with that will serve your needs and the types of offers you would like to promote. Put your application in and they will call you for an interview. Be professional and be prepared to answer some questions about how you will promote offers, do you have a website, are you a Newbie, etc. Please note, if you join the Dojo, we have a thread there that can offer assistance in getting accepted to some of the networks.

Study
Now that you have selected a basis to begin, read all of the threads in this forum that relate to your initial selections so that you have a rudimentary understanding of their features and benefits.

Invest
You will require some investment. A VPS server, domains, traffic, landing pages, etc. You will need a budget for daily, weekly, and monthly expenses. This will change over time and you will need to update it often so that you know exactly what your costs and earnings are.

Implement
This is where it all starts to earn. You must now begin to implement what you have established as your foundation for your business.

Here is some advice and guidance that will help you establish your initial goals:

Make sure you complete the following first.

Every business needs:

1. a plan
2. a schedule for research, learning, and execution
3. a budget.

Remember to read through our WIKI and get to know the basics as well as some of the buzz words in the industry.

I also recommend reading the following thread:

As a Newbie, What Stops You From Getting Started

Here is a set of immediate goals:

1. Get a VPS
2. Select a vertical
3. Select a tracker
4. Select a couple of networks and get your approval
5. Select a traffic source
6. Create a schedule for researching, learning (training), and working. This is a business, treat it as such!
7. Create a budget for every expense (daily, weekly, monthly)
8. Be very active in this forum by researching, asking questions, helping others when you are able.

Check out the new enhanced membership option here as it is full of great tools and features.

Remember This! : Nothing has to be perfect before you start. Read & study, but invest and implement at the same time. You cannot learn all of it from reading and studying. A great deal of your learning comes from implementing!

Good Luck!

T J

Great intro @Alex Styles :)

Welcome to Affiliatefix :affiliatefix::affiliatefix::affiliatefix:

Sounds like you have the right mindset.
Learn n Earn.... :cool:

Hello and welcome, Alex!

If only I had known when I was in high school what I know now, I am sure that my life would have taken a different turn.

If I knew then what I know now, I know for sure that my life would look different today. Unfortunately, that's impossible. Besides, we would be different people than we are now if we had taken a different route. Our experiences go a long way to contributing to our lives and personalities. They also help you figure out what it is that you really want from life. And maybe that's worth more. :)

I know that with dedication and hard work, any goal is achievable.

Agreed!

Anytime you have a question, need help, or want to share some good information, just start a thread to let us know.

Enjoy the forums, Alex!

Hello, Alex Styles!

Welcome to AffiliateFix!

You can certainly achieve financial freedom establishing online income streams, you just need to pick which business

model suits you better.

Feel free to check out the forum threads & ask any questions you may have.

Have a great day & see you around!:affiliatefix:
Thanks Chuck. I'll definitely try to be more active on the forum.

Hello and welcome, Alex!

If I knew then what I know now, I know for sure that my life would look different today. Unfortunately, that's impossible. Besides, we would be different people than we are now if we had taken a different route. Our experiences go a long way to contributing to our lives and personalities. They also help you figure out what it is that you really want from life. And maybe that's worth more. :)

Agreed!

Anytime you have a question, need help, or want to share some good information, just start a thread to let us know.

Enjoy the forums, Alex!

Thank you. Yea my experiences finally led me to figure out that I want financial freedom but that I want to do it my way. I enjoy writing a lot more than dealing with clients at the law office. Might as well make a living out of it :)

Hey Alex, I was in the same boat. I just left my job at a brokerage firm several days ago to dive into the affiliate marketing industry and do my own thing. I, too, am looking to become financially independent from something I conceive myself. Good luck :)
Looks like we're in the same boat now. I've also just quit my job. Feeling good about it too. It's been a long time coming. But I don't recommend this course of action to everyone. Guys, if you can't afford to be out of a job, then do not quit your jobs.

Welcome to AffiliateFix Alex Styles!

Everyone has to start somewhere. Be active in this community, ask loads of questions, take action, and be committed. That's how it gets done!

Use this forum as a mentor. It's full of members at every level of experience which makes for many balanced perspectives for a Newbie to learn from. Take the time to read through the forums here and see for yourself that the Newbies achieving success have actually dedicated themselves to success in this industry and reaping the rewards by following the advice of fellow AffiliateFix members, being dedicated to success, putting the time in, and making the necessary investments. You cannot shortcut the learning curve. It goes slower for some and it goes faster for others. Everyone has their own intellectual absorption rates, skill development pace, commitment level, and budgets.

You are a FIX'er now and that means you have the world at your feet with IM. Here are a few suggestions:

Read and learn through extensive reading in this community. Select one vertical. one tracker, and one traffic source. Learn from your fellow members here to master each one of them (a couple of months). Then you can expand and replicate your successes.

As a Newbie, you need to read, study, invest, and implement. Perseverance, dedication, and taking action are the cornerstones of the success you will obtain.

Read
Read through the various areas of the forum to learn about the types of marketing available for your new business. Make a list of all the types of marketing and take some notes along the way. Then determine which area of marketing with which you will start your journey.

Do this to select an area of marketing to start, as well, do this to select a tracker, a traffic source, and to select a vertical.

Then read up on the affiliate networks and select two to begin with that will serve your needs and the types of offers you would like to promote. Put your application in and they will call you for an interview. Be professional and be prepared to answer some questions about how you will promote offers, do you have a website, are you a Newbie, etc. Please note, if you join the Dojo, we have a thread there that can offer assistance in getting accepted to some of the networks.

Study
Now that you have selected a basis to begin, read all of the threads in this forum that relate to your initial selections so that you have a rudimentary understanding of their features and benefits.

Invest
You will require some investment. A VPS server, domains, traffic, landing pages, etc. You will need a budget for daily, weekly, and monthly expenses. This will change over time and you will need to update it often so that you know exactly what your costs and earnings are.

Implement
This is where it all starts to earn. You must now begin to implement what you have established as your foundation for your business.

Here is some advice and guidance that will help you establish your initial goals:

Make sure you complete the following first.

Every business needs:

1. a plan
2. a schedule for research, learning, and execution
3. a budget.

Remember to read through our WIKI and get to know the basics as well as some of the buzz words in the industry.

I also recommend reading the following thread:

As a Newbie, What Stops You From Getting Started

Here is a set of immediate goals:

1. Get a VPS
2. Select a vertical
3. Select a tracker
4. Select a couple of networks and get your approval
5. Select a traffic source
6. Create a schedule for researching, learning (training), and working. This is a business, treat it as such!
7. Create a budget for every expense (daily, weekly, monthly)
8. Be very active in this forum by researching, asking questions, helping others when you are able.

Check out the new enhanced membership option here as it is full of great tools and features.

Remember This! : Nothing has to be perfect before you start. Read & study, but invest and implement at the same time. You cannot learn all of it from reading and studying. A great deal of your learning comes from implementing!

Good Luck!

T J
Wow, thanks T J! That's some super info right there. Very helpful. :)

banners
Back