The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Making Mistakes

richkid

affiliate
For those of you who have been in affiliate marketing for long time and obviously would have made many mistakes I believe. Did you learn from those mistakes & moved on or kept on moaning and regretting on it?

I've been in the business for nearly 10 years and have made my share of mistakes. But I have always called them learning experiences. To grow and succeed I really feel you need to get your hands dirty and make some mistakes. Trial and error.

In the beginning, I invested time in figuring out what I did wrong, why it went wrong...and how not to make the same mistake. In other words, very valuable lessons are learned.

Now, I don't quite invest as much time...but the same principles still apply...I learned from my mistakes and moved on.

You (or anyone for that matter) will make mistakes, lots of them (in my case it was more mistakes than successes in the beginning by a LARGE margin).

I equate it to a game of football...if you haven't gotten dirty, I mean really dirty, you haven't played the game hard enough.

What that means in affiliate marketing, is you're leaving a TON of money on the table from not trying to play the real game of business.

Oh man, I made a key mistake on my first successful move into PPC affiliate work...
I over committed to a program.
It was a CJ advertiser and then they just died... No payout, no way to recover. It took me over a year to get the working capital back to the point it was before, and worst part was they went out of business after the Christmas rush.
Lesson learned:
DON'T have one program! I now make sure I never commit more than 8% of my capital at any point with a program on the PPC side, and will only commit if the program makes sense from a long standing perspective. (They were doing it as a loss lead that didn't work out).

Successful internet marketers learn from their mistakes and move on. It can take a lot of time to really get into affiliate marketing, but eventually if you keep reading up on affiliate marketing and keep building sites you will find your groove!

Made tons and tons of mistakes when I first started out.. not tracking keywords, not split-testing ads and landing pages, not researching new traffic sources and scaling, etc. Learned those lessons quick though once I saw how it affected my income.

I have just started out, so no mistakes have reared their ugly heads yet, hopefully when they do I will learn from them and move on..... hopefully!!

MI
Back