The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Make Your Own Landing Pages

@Graybeard , could the technically uninitiated (who shall remain nameless :D) figure out, fairly easily, how to build pages with that? Or would some familiarity with code newer than Basic and dBase+ be better?

You need to learn basic HTML

I can hyperlink an image, that's about it so far. Even then I so seldom use it, I have to go back and look at what I did last time.

Sounds like it would be high above my current skill set. I haven't done any programming since the late '80s/early 90s.

Yeah, I'm that old. :D

Awesome resource Greybeard. You should charge a fee for the information you supplied. Thank you for sharing. I usually use a website you can site up for free to create landing pages but it would not turn out as awesome as the information you supplied.

You really go into detail on creating our own proprietary pages instead of creating something that is similar to what other people have on there pages. This is that aha moment where you look upon a page and be like where did that come from? Most likely came from an idea that was created using a tool like Flexbox.

Thank you for sharing.

Is it something different than the landing page we define for SEO.
If you are mentioning to landing page for SEO, well, we should focus more on content on the page rather than the the design. Thrive does not help you out with content, but it can help you make the site responsive, user-friendly. And I think it's quite good for SEO landing page too.
But don't over-use it, because it can make the site load slower. And it's a minus point for SEO.

In AM (affiliate marketing) landing pages have no SEO purpose or value -- they are designed for people -- they tell a story and work only if the CTA works >>> they manipulate the viewer then filter and squeeze (action: email, CPA, CPL etc.)

Forget Google-Analytics use of the term *landing page* -- Google-Analytics thinks a landing page is where you first 'land' --or -- your first webpage into a website. A landing page is one page (or a short series less than 3 pages <<< that is not a website.) If a landing page is part of a website for SEO that is another animal entirely.

Consider what landing pages are:
  1. A first page of a website
  2. A CPC/PPC landing page
  3. An AM (affiliate marketing) landing page <<< I mean this

In AM (affiliate marketing) landing page has a different meaning.

Landing pages are designed to reach human touchpoints -- ad copy is not the only thing that affects an emotional and psychological response -- proper visual design matters, UX. A landing page with superfluous text (for SEO) will only detract from the Landing Page's desired goal -- a CTR and possible conversion.

Paint a pretty picture and tell the right story for your human traffic you buy ads to get.

As for #1 and #2 above; play butt-kiss with Google for SEO and make boring pages for humans -- the Internet is full of them -- good luck to the winners. You have to play ball with Adwords and other CPC/PPC but there is no real SEO. In fact, it's just a game of appeasing the search engines so they will take your money

Well I didn't knew about it. Many thanks dear! :)

If you are mentioning to landing page for SEO, well, we should focus more on content on the page rather than the the design. Thrive does not help you out with content, but it can help you make the site responsive, user-friendly. And I think it's quite good for SEO landing page too.
But don't over-use it, because it can make the site load slower. And it's a minus point for SEO.

I find that Bootstrap is great for intermediate coders, as long as you have a basic working knowledge of HTML and CSS. There are plenty of free templates available, which can help give beginners an idea of how the code is structured. Stack Overflow is a great forum to get help with coding questions.

Bootstrap is used in many commercial templates for sale (dirt cheap IMHO) -- so once you learn the basics of Bootstrap there is a large inventory of website design templates that you can use as your base.

banners
Back