The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

List Of Free Tools To Create Banners

internalsoul

I'm being asked questions about free tools for banner creation, so thought of compiling a list of free tools for banner creators so that everybody can be benefited from it. As we know banners are integral part of advertisement and plays a great role. If you are looking for a banner maker tool, try any one of the tools mentioned below.

1. GIMP:- GIMP, which stands for GNU Image Manipulation Program, is free image editing software for Windows and Mac. GIMP is expandable with plug-ins and extensions for almost everything. It can be used for retouching and enhancements, simple drawing, converting and processing images, and yes, creating banners.
  2. Pixlr:- Pixlr is a web-bowser based free online image editor. Enables to fix, adjust, and filter images. A great tool to create banners, an alternative to photoshop. (Thanks to ppcnewbie for the recommendation.)
  3. Fotor:- This is one of my favourite site when it comes to edit images and its free. Fotor is web-bowser based banner ad creator with huge number of templates to choose from. Customize from existing banner templates or start banner making from scratch. Fotor Banner Maker is where you can create your own banners in all sizes for free.
  4. Canva's Free Banner Maker:- Canva is also another web-bowser based banner ad creator. Design your own awesome banners with Canva's amazingly simple design tool - now with hundreds of professionally designed layouts!
  5. Bannersnack:- Bannersnack is an easy to use online app compatible with AOL, Google, the IAB, OpenX and Yahoo’s RightMedia designed specifically for creating web banners. There’s no coding required – just upload your image or images (jpg or png only) into the editor.
  6. My Banner Maker:- My Banner Maker offers a simple online wizard that walks you through five steps in order to create a basic banner that can be used for Facebook, Myspace, or downloaded to your computer.
  7. Html5maker:- Html5maker is a web-based Flash banner maker with a host of features. Start by choosing from the list of common banner sizes, or build a banner with custom dimensions instead. You’ll then be taken to the full editing screen, where you can add slides, colors and backgrounds, special effects, buttons, icons and fonts from the vast library or import your own. Each individual slide is fully customizable, down to the positioning of every element within the slide.
  8. Google Display Network:- No banner ad creator review would be complete without mentioning the behemoth of online advertising, Google. Most small business owners think of AdWords as those simple text ads you see in your search results. But the giant has not been sleeping. Google created a Display Ad Creator tool back in 2008, but it hasn’t really hit the mainstream (in my humble opinion). If you use Google AdWords, you can find this tool in your dashboard.
  9. Bannerfans:- Bannerfans offers a simple online wizard that walks you through five steps in order to create stunning banners. Very easy to use with lots of effects.
  10. Webbanner24:- Webbanner24 is one of the best, most dynamic new banner makers with great options. They offer a wonderful collection of creative designs which you can choose from, exciting animation options, and other invaluable options you will find useful to create that engaging ad your company needs.
Those are the quite good ones. Haven't included any trial software or service. If you know of more, then do mention it on the thread. Hope it will be useful to some.

Last edited:
Nice list. But you left out pixlr.com which I find pretty cool. It works with layers, like PS which is nice and is way more complex than fotor for example. Which, by the way, for me failed when I tested now to add an image from flickr:

http://banner.fotor.com/swf/Flickr??????!

Server Error in '/' Application.
The resource cannot be found.

Also, I don't like canva that much, they promote those premium image and backgrounds too much. Also, how do you set there the dimensions of the banner?

Definitely, from what I've tested, my favorite is pixlr. I even created FB cover images, FB ads images and lots of other images/banners with it. Sometimes it can be a little buggy when rearranging the layers or renaming them, suddenly one layer goes to the bottom and need to move it up again. But that's the only problem I had with it till now.

PS: definitely PS is the way to go and with their monthly subscription on adobe CC, it's pretty affordable (13-14$/mo or so). I mean, you can actually put it in the free tools section as well, considering PS's capabilities for this price... but anyway, when just starting out, even 14$/mo can be smarter invested in campaigns, for example :)

Thanks for the recommendation. I would add pixlr.com to the list soon. :)

I dont think fotor support SWF anymore.

I create all my banners using Photoshop and for landing page editing i use dream weaver. I am big fan of adobe products. Since it isn't free so i haven't added it to the list.
Nice list. But you left out pixlr.com which I find pretty cool. It works with layers, like PS which is nice and is way more complex than fotor for example. Which, by the way, for me failed when I tested now to add an image from flickr:

http://banner.fotor.com/swf/Flickr??????!

Server Error in '/' Application.
The resource cannot be found.

Also, I don't like canva that much, they promote those premium image and backgrounds too much. Also, how do you set there the dimensions of the banner?

Definitely, from what I've tested, my favorite is pixlr. I even created FB cover images, FB ads images and lots of other images/banners with it. Sometimes it can be a little buggy when rearranging the layers or renaming them, suddenly one layer goes to the bottom and need to move it up again. But that's the only problem I had with it till now.

PS: definitely PS is the way to go and with their monthly subscription on adobe CC, it's pretty affordable (13-14$/mo or so). I mean, you can actually put it in the free tools section as well, considering PS's capabilities for this price... but anyway, when just starting out, even 14$/mo can be smarter invested in campaigns, for example :)

Great list!

I have also used PicMonkey. You can do layers with it, too plus you use it online, which I like.

The only thing I found with it though, is that the pic/banner seems to 'shrink' just a tiny bit when I save it to my computer. I can save it as a 728 x 90 (or whatever) but ends up a few pixels smaller. Dunno why but it's never been enough to be a problem.

Thanks for sharing Buddy. I have only been using webbanner24 to design the banners I have and the reason is because I have never found other reliable alternatives to this. However, with this list, I am sure that I will always have a variety of options to choose from. One thing of having a variety of design software is that you can be able to combine the quality and come up with the best design which is always our main goal. Going to try them out and see the outcome.

I've used several of those listed. I think my favorite would have to be Pixlr. I've tried GIMP, but it was a little difficult for me to learn, in my opinion.

Is there a big learning curve for PhotoShop? If you've never used graphic software before, I mean.

Hey @azgold definitely yes, generally like in all situations in life you have to learn something.

But, the basics are really easy to learn and there are many guides for the current Photoshop programm.
Adobe spends a 7 days trial :)

banners
Back