The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Link Locker vs Content Locker? (Your Insights?)

Good day,

I am wondering what your insights about this? In terms of clicks and conversions.
In my case study, I am mainly doing LINK locking in Adworkmedia.
I use it because it is very easy to do and I don't need any website to put it on.

I wonder if there are people who already tested it? Content locker vs Link locker?

Cpa networks are highly appreciated for the answer. :D

so a link locker is basically a content locker but you get there by link, and not by browsing a website. From what i have experienced with product lockers, i think that direct linking is bad, people just need more motivation to follow your link, but that is just my opinion

If you have a steady flow of traffic, why not split test and you can tell us :)

We're going to have both on incent.ly and I imagine we'll see more traffic on the link locker simply because it's easier, but the user hitting the content locker will probably be more engaged (depending on how/where it's being used) so I think it'll convert better. So far my tests with the content locker have been really good :)

It depends on niches i guess. You obviously cant use link lockers on video streaming niches but so far i've doing well with content lockers.
@Luke looking forward to it.

We have both the lockers and In my experience Link lockers converts less compare to content lockers. However both has its own potential and if market right both can generate good amount of conversions.

Like people have said above, it depends on your niche. If you're locking video content then a content locker is the way to go, however if you're offering a download (e.g. eBook) then I've found conversions for link locker are greater.

We just released our robust content locker, next up is a link locker. I'm interested in seeing what everyone here prefers as well, but I agree with Sam, it depends on what you're locking.

We're going to have both on incent.ly and I imagine we'll see more traffic on the link locker simply because it's easier, but the user hitting the content locker will probably be more engaged (depending on how/where it's being used) so I think it'll convert better. So far my tests with the content locker have been really good :)

Agree

I've been reading about these a little while trying to educate myself. Think I have content locker figured out but not link locker. When I Google the term, 'what is a link locker' I come up empty - products and people wanting to know if they can use them, that sort of thing.

If someone has time, can you please tell me what that is....in idiot-proof terms, if possible please. :)

In content locking, you need a lander or a website you lock right? I mean you lock a product.

In link locking, you lock the link.

For example, your friend wants to know what website you get your free wordpress templates.. This website is not known to many but have lots of great content.
So, to monetize the knowledge you have.. You can lock the link.. So, he/she need to complete an offer before he can visit the website.

Money goes to you.... Resources goes to him/her

Thanks, seoeymard!

So, if I'm understanding correctly, they are basically the same thing except one offer is locked over a page or site you control and the other is a link to a page or site you do not have control of. Is that right?

I assume these strategies are only for form submits or surveys?

In link locking, you can also lock the ones you control..
You can lock ANYTHING that is considered a link..
This strategies work for every way you do it too with content lock.. Just a different approach..

Hey Guys! We've seen both tools outperform each other so it really depends on your niche and content. I'd recommend split testing between the Link Locker and Content Locker whenever possible to see which does better for you. Also if you can figure out a way to incorporate both methods into your site there's a chance it could increase your earnings.

when linking from Youtube, I noticed the link locker performed better than a content locker.

So, like its been said above. A lot of it depends on your niche and traffic source

MI
Back