The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Landing Pages

KenDoIt

affiliate
Here's a question for ya.....

I have a website that has many tips and ideas about green living and it was suggested that I take one of the products that I am promoting (Through CJ) and create a landing page and drive traffic to it.

Simple enough, yea.

My question is: Should the landing page be a stand alone page that has nothing to do with the identity (look and feel) of the website that it is attached to (ie www.mydomain.com/landingpage.php) or should I be including the header and navigation of the main website with the content section being dedicated solely to the product I am promoting?

I hope I didn't over-complicate that question?

Thanks.

Is this something that's likely to become expanded over time to be more than just a landing page? If so, you might consider setting it up as a subdomain, either as a blog or as an HTML site in it's own right.

If it's only intended to be a landing page, what do you see as its purpose over the long term, i.e., a landing page for what exactly?

Just make it a normal part of your website (assuming you're talking about that light swicth product from the other thread).

Link to it from the other pages on your site.

Don't over-analyse this - you can work on your conversion rates once you're getting some traffic to it.

You also need to weigh up the time/effort it takes to build the perfect landing page with the fact that in the same time you could have built 7 other average pages.

It was suggested here that what I do is take a few of the products that I am recommending and write about them and then do some article marketing driving traffic to the "landing Page" I have a site if you look at my profile you can click to it. I thought it might be good to create landing pages for a bunch of my products and instead of driving traffic to the site as a whole, I should drive it to the more profitable (Higher Commission) products and focus organic searches through a more targeted keyword campaign directing the clicks to the landing page and ultimately to the merchant.

I think I explained that correctly

Good advice Rob. So basically taking the light switch example, I could simply add a >> More info to the paragraph that talks about it and that would link to the "Landing Page". Gotcha.

That's fine.

Remember to have a sitemap too.

The more internal links you can point to the page, the better,

Yes if the landing pages are about products that relate to the niche of the overall site then yes, you'd want it to match. It's just another page of the site - but a selling-focused, keyword-targeted page.

Nice looking site, BTW!

I try to keep all my pages looking the same especially if doing a review of products. If the visitor buys it and likes it, they may come back and see what other products you are recommending.

I have been to some sites that all the pages look different and many times can't tell if I am still on their site or another.

For sure put it on the site map. I find more and more visitors are using the site maps to see what other pages are contained in the site because many times not all the pages are shown on the menu.

banners
Back