The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Landing page translations

Translating words and writing copy that will convert are two different things altogether.
What sounds real good in French may sound rather mediocre in English or Spanish or Urdu for that matter.

So how do others market to other Geos? I would have thought there'd be a translation service around that would cater for affiliate landing pages and creatives.

That makes a lot of sense Graybeard. Thanks for all that feedback. I wonder then how some of these affiliates scale into other Geos and across multiple languages? Maybe the only alternative would be to use Adplexity and do a straight copy of the creatives that are working in that particular country for that particular offer. What do you think?

Maybe, foreign language copywriters -- that's a class above more mundane translators.
There are many translation services for web text -- try a search engine? Did you?

If you think literal translations of sales copy will work to convert speakers of differing languages -- you may be disappointed. Years ago, a friend of mine who was a Canadian schoolteacher of English and also of the French language, translated some web copy for me and struggled with some the nuances of expression, particular to the topic, in the two languages.

One thing that became apparent; is that much meaning of my text, and its intent, had to be discussed before we came up with a suitable, and non-literal, translation.

Make sure you test market any translation -- just how you do that without knowing the language and the actual characteristics and attributes of the audience is a very good question too.

I suppose, it also depends on the simplicity of the idea and also its level of universal acceptance. There are many cases where what I have said means little and a simple translation might work too.

Google translate works in many cases, depending on the language. However, a better approach would be to just find someone that speaks the native language so they can translate it a bit better than what Google will give you.

FIVERR
Freelancer
UpWork

You absolutely require a copy writer to make the transition from one language to another.

Look for competent copy writers in foreign languages. Maybe somewhere as stupid a fiverr LOL
I think it's just a matter of finding the right person with a selling or marketing background in that GEO's market.
You need to understand the people's triggers and touchpoints to create good landing page copy.

IMO an actual "copywriter" is not needed, but it would depend on how complex your landing page is. If it's a simple CPA offer lander, no. But if it's a huge sales letter then you might consider a copywriter.

ther is to many software that can translate your page, but it has low quality work
it is better to do it manually by hiring a freelancer from a fiver, upwork, people per hour

MI
Back