The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Keywords

AmyTK9

affiliate
I'm a bit confused on how to put Keywords to good use. I realize they are to help people find what your writing and to help search engines find you too, maybe they do more than that, I'm not sure.

Where do you put your keywords? How many keywords should you use?

I keep reading about finding good keywords, is there a certain place to do this at?

I have a Website & a Blog I'd like to add keyword techniques to, and I'd also like to start Article writing as well. Where would I put the keywords there?

Thanks for the help :) I know you put them in the title and through out what your writing, but curious if there's other places I'm not aware of. How do I get them to work to my advantage?

---------- Post added at 02:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 AM ----------

Tried to edit my post but couldn't find the edit button. I found some very nice info on my question and I think I have a better understanding on how to get Keywords into everything. So if anyone would like to delete this post, feel free :)

Apparently I'm still having issues with this. I've found some good info and I thought I did very well today with my keywords. I'm still doing my blog at blogger.com till I can get Wordpress going. Blogs at blogger.com don't seem to give me as many options to use those keywords. My latest article used them plenty of times just by writing naturally (I wasn't trying to get them in) but I can't even find it using Google Search. Anyone have any tips?

It sounds like you do know what to do with them - writing naturally about your subject, making sure they're in your meta title, etc. If your site is new it may take a while for Google to index everything, so I wouldn't expect your articles to pop up just yet.

To find keywords, most people just use Google's keyword tool, but there are some paid tools that can help as well.

Generally, you would focus each article on a small group of tightly related keywords.

Thank you very much for your help! I wasn't sure if it would take a while or not. Thanks for that tool too! I was looking for one to use. I will keep working on it and see where it takes me!

And if you are using competitive keywords, showing up on the first page of google (or even the first five pages!) can be a long process, taking a lot of work. I am not saying this to discourage you - just to let you know.

The next thing you will want to do is start building backlinks. You might want to start a new thread, AND do a search here on Five Star, on that topic.

And if you are using competitive keywords, showing up on the first page of google (or even the first five pages!) can be a long process, taking a lot of work. I am not saying this to discourage you - just to let you know.

The next thing you will want to do is start building backlinks. You might want to start a new thread, AND do a search here on Five Star, on that topic.

I echo these sentiments exactly. If you are chasing competitive keywords, it's all about backlinks.

For the less competitive ones, backlinks don't matter so much because chances are if your on page SEO is done properly, you will rank highly anyway... a few quality backlinks can give you that push to the top.

It is very important to understand the term keywors saturation, which determins the quantity of keywords in your article or on your website page, dont use too many, 5-6 keywords in 800 symbols text are enough.

It is very important to understand the term keywors saturation, which determins the quantity of keywords in your article or on your website page, dont use too many, 5-6 keywords in 800 symbols text are enough.

There really is no specific "keyword density". Just make it readable and not spammy for your visitors and you'll be fine.

I've heard to use about 1 to 100 words. Is that a good rule?

"1 to 100 words"? What do you mean?

I like to put keywords in the title, URL, and header tags. There is only one place for Title and URL, but for headers, I use H3 more than any others. I use H3 for paragraph topic most of the time.

When linking to my site from other site, I use keywords in the anchor text.

Seems to work fine.

MI
Back