The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

searching them keywords, the big ones.

thomas1957

I know to get started I need to use the longer keywords. So here is the scenario. I plug my word into google using keyword surfer and keywords everywhere. The search comes back sometimes with a big search number and sometimes a smaller search number. What number would be a good norm to stay under? 100?
I don't think I will have much luck with the 1000 and above but what would you say would be a good one not to go over

over

The competition level is more important than whether it's over or under 1,000 searchers. Lower competition makes it easier to provide what those 1,000 people want, rather than a competitor.

I'm not saying the search volume isn't important, naturally it's an important factor. Unless you can make a decent return (and possibly recurring income) from 1,000, I might keep my minimum to 3,000.

But that's just me and what I'd do, depending on what I'd be promoting - high ticket item or offer that I'd need high volume to hit my ideal ROI for it.

How long is the string?
@ 1:15 to 1:9 sold > what would be profitable as the PPC cost?
Then there is the scaling volume issue.
Remember: Google or any ad network's data should always be suspect.
Also, each long tail bid will convert differently.
Pay attention or you will be throwing money at the wall and hoping some may stick.

banners
Back