The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Keywords

virgolunar

I am new to affiliate marketing and forums so I hope you dont mind but I have a load of questions to ask you experienced marketers....

One question on my mind is.......

I have recently changed my keywords to target a lesser audience and updated it via FTP with my host. My site is indexed by Google and ranked "0". How long will it take for my new keywords to show up in the search engines?:p

Thanks

Colin

Anywhere from a few hours to a few months, depending on how frequently Googlebot spiders your site and several other factors.

Meta Tags

Anywhere from a few hours to a few months, depending on how frequently Googlebot spiders your site and several other factors.

omg, months? I should have drilled down on my keywords then.

What does the meta tag "revist page" mean? I assumed that once were were indexed, it would revistit on the time that you state in the meta tags?

omg, months? I should have drilled down on my keywords then.

What does the meta tag "revist page" mean? I assumed that once were were indexed, it would revistit on the time that you state in the meta tags?

It won't take months in most cases...

The "revisit" tag is useless really. Many people see it as a way to increase spediering frequency but it doesn't do that at all. Search engines have their own rules and algorithms for determining spider frequency: For Google, for example, it's based on PageRank, frequency of changed pages, and other factors. For search engines that pay any attention at all, the best you could hope for from a "revisit" tag is to LIMIT the spidering frequency, i.e., decrease it. weekly

banners
Back