The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Keywords

https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal
I think this tool is perfect for collecting keywords.

Thank you so much for this tip. I will add, you have to register but I didn't subscribe for pay per click and it still allowed me to generate keywords from my page content. If you scroll to the bottom of the page you can then download the results as csv for Excel which was brilliant for analysing.

Once again thanks chaps! :goodjobsign:

I use the volume number you get with the Google Keyword tool alongside total results in the top right hand corner of Google SERPs.

I then work out the ratio of search volume to total results. For example for the phrase 'PC Support' there are about 0.002% of searches to total results. This makes this a tough phrase to optimise for.

Compare that to 'overclocking' which has a ratio of 22% search volumes to total results.

'Diesel tuning' has a massive 28% ratio and my clients get position 1 for Adwords for this phrase.

Through practical experimentation I have found that it is very easy to optimise for top positions for keyphrases with anything about 20% ratio.

I use the volume number you get with the Google Keyword tool alongside total results in the top right hand corner of Google SERPs.

I then work out the ratio of search volume to total results. For example for the phrase 'PC Support' there are about 0.002% of searches to total results. This makes this a tough phrase to optimise for.

Compare that to 'overclocking' which has a ratio of 22% search volumes to total results.

'Diesel tuning' has a massive 28% ratio and my clients get position 1 for Adwords for this phrase.

Through practical experimentation I have found that it is very easy to optimise for top positions for keyphrases with anything about 20% ratio.

Again this is a superb tip and one that I will be looking at! Thanks again.

Another question if I may?

I ran the keyword tool on several of my pages and have extracted the csv files. I'm now in the process of sorting throung the data by relevance for each page so that I can set the keywords accordingly. We are a rubber and foam convertor so almost on every page there is a mention to rubber.

My question is, if I use rubber as one on my keywords on each page (as well as other different ones), will search engines see this as spaming?

Another question if I may?

I ran the keyword tool on several of my pages and have extracted the csv files. I'm now in the process of sorting throung the data by relevance for each page so that I can set the keywords accordingly. We are a rubber and foam convertor so almost on every page there is a mention to rubber.

My question is, if I use rubber as one on my keywords on each page (as well as other different ones), will search engines see this as spaming?

Having the word 'rubber' occuring repeatedly in the page content won't cause a problem if the keyword density doesn't go over some limit set by the search engine algorithms intended to ring alarm bells. What that limit is we can only guess.

So I would try and minimise the occurences if possible.

You must however avoid having the word 'rubber' as the first word in the page title or descriptions on every page. I would avoid putting it in all the keywords lists too. Just leave it out.

So long as the page titles and descriptions vary you should be OK.

But you are thinking along the right lines so just be aware of what repeated occurrences of a particular word will look like to a program consisting of a set of statistical questions and decisions.

Ye I know! We get very choice mail at times. :scared: Mind it brightens up our day from making gaskets! :thumbsup:

Bare with me but I'm on a roll!

Meta Title - Check
Meta Description - Check
Meta Keywords - Check

Just would like to know whether less is more? Should I use 10 keywords per page or 20?

Hard work all this! :sweatdrop:

Last question and I'll go away for today.

Does it matter what order Meta Tags appear inbetween <head></head>?

For example this is the order some of my pages are appearing.........

<meta name="keywords" content="packaging materials" />
<meta name="title" content="newsletter" />
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1" />
<meta name="description" content="Convertors of Foam and Rubber, Vacuum Formers and PU Injection Moulding" />
<meta name="robots" content="index,follow" />
<meta name="revisit-after" content="5 days" />

Once again appreciate the advice :thumbup:

No. It doesn't matter what order the meta tags are in.

And as for the number of keywords. Only use keywords that are included in the content and try and get them in the title and description where possible.

I'm not entirely sure about this but I suspect the more keywords you have the less each one is worth. Certainly you wouldn't want some huge list. The order which the keywords appear is important though. Put the ones you really want to focus on first.

I'm pretty sure the search engine bots will probably truncate a long list of keywords. I certainly wouldn't bother with more than 255 characters (typical length limit for a small string variable in many databases).

btw - Are you using any tool to check SERPs (Search Engine Results Positions)? There is a tool called IBP which is good for this. IBP & Arelis Software -Save 40% to 70% Off - iBusinessPromoter Software- Internet Business Promoter- Axandra SEO Software IBP 9

Always good to run a test before you make your changes, wait a month or two for the search engine of your choice to update its cache and run it again.

It can be very encouraging when you see positions being gained. Use it sparingly because it fires lots of requests at the chosen search engine.

Make sure you let us know in a month or two what difference all your changes make. :) Oh and if your company ever wants some formal optimisation or Adwords management let me know. Our rates are very competitive and the results can be astonishing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all your suggestions and I will definietly share my results. It's froums like this that make the world go around. I'm a big supporter of sharing knowledge.

Cheers! :thumbsup:

Having the word 'rubber' occuring repeatedly in the page content won't cause a problem if the keyword density doesn't go over some limit set by the search engine algorithms intended to ring alarm bells. What that limit is we can only guess.

So I would try and minimise the occurences if possible.

You must however avoid having the word 'rubber' as the first word in the page title or descriptions on every page. I would avoid putting it in all the keywords lists too. Just leave it out.

So long as the page titles and descriptions vary you should be OK.

But you are thinking along the right lines so just be aware of what repeated occurrences of a particular word will look like to a program consisting of a set of statistical questions and decisions.

Thats good to see nice point added.
Thanks. I too would avoid putting it in all the keywords lists too. Just not leaved.
Japan Web Design

I think this is a fantastic post by surreypcsupport, rep added.

No. It doesn't matter what order the meta tags are in.

And as for the number of keywords. Only use keywords that are included in the content and try and get them in the title and description where possible.

I'm not entirely sure about this but I suspect the more keywords you have the less each one is worth. Certainly you wouldn't want some huge list. The order which the keywords appear is important though. Put the ones you really want to focus on first.

I'm pretty sure the search engine bots will probably truncate a long list of keywords. I certainly wouldn't bother with more than 255 characters (typical length limit for a small string variable in many databases).

btw - Are you using any tool to check SERPs (Search Engine Results Positions)? There is a tool called IBP which is good for this. IBP & Arelis Software -Save 40% to 70% Off - iBusinessPromoter Software- Internet Business Promoter- Axandra SEO Software IBP 9

Always good to run a test before you make your changes, wait a month or two for the search engine of your choice to update its cache and run it again.

It can be very encouraging when you see positions being gained. Use it sparingly because it fires lots of requests at the chosen search engine.

Make sure you let us know in a month or two what difference all your changes make. :) Oh and if your company ever wants some formal optimisation or Adwords management let me know. Our rates are very competitive and the results can be astonishing.

banners
Back