The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Keywords

Chris Powell

affiliate
How many keywords is best to use?

I’ve been viewing the source code of other websites that are like mine and have noticed that most of them use 15 keywords and some use 20, but a few go to the extreme by using well over 30 of the dam things, which funnily enough seem to bring them more traffic… by seeing how many on the forums that is. I’m talking about non-members here (bot’s crawlers and those alike)

For nearly a year now I’ve just stuck with 15 keywords but as more features are being added I could do with adding more keywords ya know. I want to add more but don't want them to affect my site ranking etc

Any tips, advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks for the info maxseo. I have uploaded a txt file which contains 21 keywords. I would like to see how you put them to use, like what order you put the keywords in and the way you split the keywords up (should you need to)

Any one can do this if you like.

The keywords in the text file are the ones that are being ranked the most for my site by search engines. I'm just not sure of what order to put the keywords in etc

Chris, can you please clarify what you mean by 'keywords'!

Are you talking about keywords in the meta keywords tag ? Because if you are then it doesn't matter a toss!

Clarify what you are asking with what you mean when you say "For nearly a year now I’ve just stuck with 15 keywords" .

Once I know what you are asking I can help you a lot better.

I changed my keywords yesterday, I had far too many of them. I have about 40 now and wondered if that was about right?

Thanks for that Joy, I do not think search engines take much notice of that any more but I think the less you have the better so as not to be considered a keyword spammer.

I can confirm with 100% Confidence that Google at least does not even index the content of the keywords meta.

I have tests running constantly, and one of these is a test page where the only content is the meta keyword with a made up word in it. this is the ONLY instance of this word anywhere on the web. Google has the page in the index, but when I search, it is not returned. Proof positive

James,
For the benefits of newbies (and me :) is there a resource of the info a "standard" meta tag should contain? apart from the :Title, description and keywords also the recommended text length etc for the meta tags

There are many, but they are mostly wrong :(

I will blog it this week, and post it here first :) (that is post the information here first and blog it as well, rather than blog it and link to it.

banners
Back