The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Keywords, robots.txt and maybe more..

BetterTAX

affiliate
hello,

i have a website, its been up for about 6 months. AFAIK i submitted it to google, DMOZ, and any of those others that are free. it shows up if you search specifically for the name and also within other directories (like freeindex) but still not in its own right, as it were.

we have now decided that it needs optimising and the task has fallen to me as our designer who initially did it has gone of to Oz. i dont mind, as i am ok seeing as its there and as long as i dont mess with the CSS bit (nightmare!). :eek:

recently, i have discovered that each page needs its own <title/> and <description/>. originally all pages had identical... so i've been changing those and i'l happy (i think) with what i've done.

i have also been changing the keywords, as i learnt that these should represent the content of each page? :blink:

to my point :unsure:. my site also shows the keywords that are used in the header, in a visible footer section. is there any reason why this would be?

i used the google diagnostic thingie and it couldnt detect a robots.txt file... do i need one?

thats all for now!

rosie :)

you just need to read about Google spiders and how they works. Headers is the main source for them. Just make search and you will find out all of information. good luck!

MI
Back