The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Just starting out

BrianP66

Hi everyone I'm Brian.

I'm just starting out in the affiliate marketing arena. I've been building a store since October and had intended to use it for dropshipping products but I would prefer to recommend products that I am familiar with than sell people stuff I've never used or seen with dubious shipping times and dealing with returns. The whole thing has headache written all over it. Affiliate marketing looks more challenging and profitable in the long run. My intentions are to get on the Amazon program to learn how to write up descriptions and fine tune my niche. I've found most of the products I'm interested in are on Amazon but I hope to deal direct later on through an affiliate program with that brand. I've got a plan laid out as to how I want to move forward but I'll need as much info as I can get along the way. I thought I would join the forum as writing and asking questions is better than trying to find the answers on Youtube.

Thanks.

Hiya, Brian and welcome to AffiliateFix!

Sounds like you've put a lot of thought and analysis into your projected goals. We're happy to help you, all that we can.

We do have members who promote Amazon products, and who do drop-shipping/e-com.

Anytime you have a question, need help, or want to share some good information, just start a thread to let us know.

Enjoy the forums, Brian!

WELCOME ABOARD ...
thumbsup.png

━━━●──────────────
Why not dropship a few good items with dependable sourcing and also sell CPA at the same time. The CPA can be a large part of you store for now --just a thought ...

WELCOME ABOARD ...
thumbsup.png

━━━●──────────────
Why not dropship a few good items with dependable sourcing and also sell CPA at the same time. The CPA can be a large part of you store for now --just a thought ...
Do you mean combine dropshipping with affiliate marketing.

Also, it gives you a second income stream. If one is lagging, you still have the other.

What I mean is outfits like Amazon and Walmart have added 'sponsored sellers' so why can't you do similar and add good affiliate offers if you have found a few good items to dropship already. Or, use the offers as place fillers to pay for your advertising, monetise and allow you a window to find good dropship situations?

The advantage in dropshipping is that you 'own' the customer's purchases without question.
With CPA products you take less but the actual seller has all the burdens and control over that customer's future purchases.

What I mean is outfits like Amazon and Walmart have added 'sponsored sellers' so why can't you do similar and add good affiliate offers if you have found a few good items to dropship already. Or, use the offers as place fillers to pay for your advertising, monetise and allow you a window to find good dropship situations?

The advantage in dropshipping is that you 'own' the customer's purchases without question.
With CPA products you take less but the actual seller has all the burdens and control over that customer's future purchases.
I'm not at that stage yet. I'll stick with my current plan and get used to operating my website and using google until I have more experience and understand a bit more. I've just retired from working as a diver in the oil and gas industry for 21 years so this is all new for me. The stuff I'm going to dropship is not winning product stuff just something to get me started. I didn't like the idea of trying to continually find winning products and scaling on Facebook. That looked too much like speculating and I did enough of that with Forex. Still not sure what you mean. Do you mean add the sponsored products on my site or start my own affiliate program. I'm in the dark here.

My opinion its to go with affiliate marketing and start writing awesome content that helps people and deliver value . If you like what you do and you write and work with pleasure then the money will come

My opinion its to go with affiliate marketing and start writing awesome content that helps people and deliver value . If you like what you do and you write and work with pleasure then the money will come
Thanks. I've just written some product descriptions the way I want them and they look great. The descriptions I've already paid for had to be edited by me because they looked to fake and cheesy. I'll do all of my own writing from now on.

Hi everyone I'm Brian.

I'm just starting out in the affiliate marketing arena. I've been building a store since October and had intended to use it for dropshipping products but I would prefer to recommend products that I am familiar with than sell people stuff I've never used or seen with dubious shipping times and dealing with returns. The whole thing has headache written all over it. Affiliate marketing looks more challenging and profitable in the long run. My intentions are to get on the Amazon program to learn how to write up descriptions and fine tune my niche. I've found most of the products I'm interested in are on Amazon but I hope to deal direct later on through an affiliate program with that brand. I've got a plan laid out as to how I want to move forward but I'll need as much info as I can get along the way. I thought I would join the forum as writing and asking questions is better than trying to find the answers on Youtube.

Thanks.
Hi there! Welcome to the forum, Brian.

Good luck with the start. You can always ask me any questions about affiliate marketing tools — just contact me any time that would be convenient for you.

MI
Back