The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Just learned i can't do Amazon affiliate in my state

analogia

affiliate
The idea for my first campaign has hit a major roadblock, as I can't be an Amazon affiliate in my state. Am I out? I was really counting on Amazon's content to cross-sell on my Wordpress site. =(

That's too bad, sorry to hear it. You can thank the tax man for that.

I don't think there is a way around that, unfortunately. Maybe try a different company. Hopefully, someone on the forum knows of a site that is comparable. It won't be Amazon but maybe there's a second best.

Amazon is by far the best, just like AdSense, when it comes to ads on websites. I really hope you can resolve this issue by registering a company in another state or if a friend of you can open an account or something like that.

I think and I maybe wrong here .. but you incorporate in a state that allows Amazon affiliates. I know that buying a nevada corporation is like $200. You are working for a company and the company pays you, amazon pay the company.

Thank you folks. I was wondering about setting something up in a different state through friends/family, but I don't think that's gonna happen. Thank you for the incorporating suggestion, too. I have a site where I'm thinking I'll just do books, will links to Books a Million result?

Books a Million? Never heard of it but that doesn't mean it's not a good site.

I would do as much research as you can on whatever company you're interested in promoting, so you know their market and audience. You'll want to know who you're selling to and the popularity of the company/products.

There are about a bazillion choices out there. Whichever one you end up going with, don't forget to come back and do a guide or case study.

Best of luck with it. :)

banners
Back