“mobile”/ Voluum
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Journey to Reaching $100 profit a day with Native Ads

Discussion in 'Follow Alongs and Online Journeys' started by Flaxy, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Flaxy

Flaxy Affiliate affiliate

Previously I was on a journey with popunders (here). At the same time I was also testing out native ads for a while(2 weeks or so) and while I wanted to focus on popunders(hence the journey), it seems like native ads is what has struck gold first.

So I will stick to what the data is telling me and continue focusing my efforts on Native Ads instead as I am already 402% in profits today. I know this could change but at the time of writing I am ecstatic!

Screenshot attached in the post.

Preparation yesterday
    Visits: 599
    Clicks: 144
    Conversions: 3
    Revenue: $76
    Cost: $78
    Profit: -$2
    ROI: -2.63%

Yesterday
    Visits: 614
    Clicks: 29
    Conversions: 0
    Revenue: $0
    Cost: $7.30
    Profit: -$7.30
    ROI: -100%

Today
    Visits: 43
    Clicks: 8
    Conversions: 2
    Revenue: $51
    Cost: $13.16
    Profit: $40.84
    ROI: 402.07%

My work method is: Ads -> Prelander -> Offer lander

I have optimized the campaign by removing low performing ad creatives based on ctr%.

Same goes for website ID that provides low ctr%.

PS. Does anyone know what utmsandbox means in Bemob? Seems like I got 2 conversions there.

Attached Files:

• 402.png
      402.png
      File size:
      25.6 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  2. CPA Evolution
  3. Graybeard

Graybeard Well-Known Member affiliate

Not bad at all :)
    1. Can you do it consistently? <<<every day
    2. Can you scale the success to $500 or $1,000 net per week?
    I think you need to know that ACTUAL domains that the ads are on so you can see that domains ratio of new:: old [returning] visitors.

Why? Because you want to have new people constantly viewing your creative for it to continue to work (well[CTR]).

This is why buying traffic only known by zone ID is of very limited usefulness.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
    Flaxy likes this.
  4. Flaxy

Thanks! The roi% is already dropping as we speak to about 140%.

The [returning] tag only needs to be edited in my tracker right? Or do I need to adjust it on my traffic network as well? I think that requires a new approval from the network..

Would you duplicate the campaign in that case?

1. I sure hope so.. I would be happy if I could reach $50 a day in profits.
    2. $500-1000 a week would be great.. With my limited experiences (about 2 weeks) it will take while I think. First $500 per month.

5. Graybeard

'utmsandbox'

sandbox in a software definition usually means a isolated (or seggregated) testing environment

6. Graybeard

no the returning tag in your tracker means: that the IP/user has clicked your ad again or has been seen before by the tracker.

If you put Google-Analytics on your landing pages the user will be cookie tracked.regardless of the IP -- this is browser dependent (stored data -- cookies) However, cookies can be deleted by the user or accepted 'session only' in private/incognito modes. Cookie are maybe 50% to 70% accurate for these reasons.

SEO warning: the high bounce rate of most landing pages may ruin a domains SEO standing.

What I meant by return rates is: the stats of the domains that your display ads appear on.

Flaxy likes this.
  7. Flaxy

Thank you for explaining it, in short you think it is important to track with google analytics as well?

8. Graybeard

The advantage of using G-A is the depth of the user tracking ...
    time on site before the click through and the bounce rates (page abandonment)
    you can do a<=>b landing page tests with the GEO; Time on site; time of day;
    G-A is 'free' however the price is that Google gets access to more site data that is publicly available (double edged sword)

Flaxy likes this.
  9. Flaxy

I get it, do you use Google analytics yourself?

10. Graybeard

Usually. If you create a NOINDEX domain you can use it if you don't care about any SEO factors. Like I said above^^

I used G-A commectial self hosted Urchin -- that is the program that G-A was based upon. It cost $10,000 and Google screwed us and discontinued development and support of the Urchin self hosted software. For the reason it was self-hosted elGoog could not get at any of our data --do the math!

Flaxy likes this.
  11. Flaxy

I don't care about SEO because its mostly paid traffic anyway..

That really sucks that they screwed you over... but its good to have all the data yourself now.

As for the journey:

End of Day 2
    Visits: 161
    Clicks: 42
    Conversions: 2
    Revenue: $51
    Cost: $41.81
    Profit: $9.19
    ROI: 21.97%

Seems more in line with what I would expect the day to be.. but because its a cod offer I'm not sure if the conversions get updated once a day on their side or how it works...

Yesterday I had no conversions as well, but I saw them at the start of today so lets see tomorrow..

12. Graybeard

1. Are you doing a 302 for the click out of your landing page's CTA (call to action button/link)?
      --and logging that 302?
      --what % are following the funnel path to the offer?
      --have you defined your funnel (conversion path)?
    2. Is the offer working or are they shaving you?
      Is the affiliate network with the offer shaving you?
    3. Is the traffic inbound from the ads the same patterns?
      Or, is the traffic lesser quality?
    4. It can be simply now an old ad that the same people are seeing over and over again. <<<MOST LIKELY ANSWER
    A 'good website' will have 20% to 40% new traffic daily.
    Best test is to add some new websites for your ads --- and see if there is a change ...

13. Flaxy

0. Is it good/a problem if I have conversions from the utmsandbox?

1. Bemob uses a 302 yes. I think its used with their click url. 160 visits -> 25% ctr to offer page

My funnel path is: Ads -> prelander -> offer page - > gets a call (cod offer). Why?

2. The offer is working as far as I know, how do I know they are shaving from me? I had 6 conversions with 5 approved and 1 rejected.

3. How do I check if its the same pattern or less quality?

4. Impact is ad blindness you mean? Because I do notice ad ctr% is going down slightly for some ads.

Thank you for your feedback, it is appreciated @Graybeard.

14. tsc

tsc Affiliate affiliate

Good thread.
    Good luck.
    Make sure you keep it updated - stuff like this is invaluable to folk like me who are in the process of sorting out which direction to head in :)

Flaxy likes this.
  15. Graybeard

• You need a count of the landing page loads and a count of the CTA link.
    • You can fire a tracking pixel for the landing page to get a count of the raw CTR then a 302 to your tracker.
    • 302CTA/raw pixel count = the 2nd step CTA or the click through to the offer's landing page
    • G-A will give you the page load (in place of a tracking pixel)
    • The user's browser will effect the count either way. Most bots will not be counted either way (image or JavaScript [G-A code])... so there is another factor to consider ...

Flaxy likes this.
  16. cpagoose

cpagoose Affiliate affiliate

oh nice so inteterst

Flaxy likes this.
  17. Faelmaran

Faelmaran Affiliate affiliate

Could you please let us all know which offer you really pushing or not ? Cause it's really matters the most I would say ? How does that sounds ? I do see from payout and number of conversions it really pays well for that matter, correct ? Thanks!

18. Flaxy

Updating it now for yesterday!

I'm still debating over using G-A. Will update if I do.

Sorry, I can't show my offer as there is a chance someone would copy it.

Update #3

Yesterday was a terrible day for me. My inexperience showed and I made a HUGE loss.

Visits: 164
    Clicks: 42
    Cost: $47.08
    Profit: -$47.08

My biggest takeaways after discussing it with someone who I consider my mentor is that I have messed it up by opting to increase my bids on ads to gain more traffic.

I thought increasing my bids to gain more traffic would be good because I got my head in the clouds with the campaign in profits.. Funny how that goes sometimes.

For now, I have decreased my bids back to where they were when I got my first conversions and so far my cost has been reduced by 70% while my traffic only went down by 50%.

Plan for today is to create more ads and split test them. Also starting a new campaign if it gets approved by my traffic network.

19. Graybeard

Who are the clicks and why are they not buying?
    Until you understand that you won't know the real reasons.

1. you may have had a flash in the pan because of the newness of the ad too.
    2. you may be showing that ad on the same websites to a returning visitor possibly.
    3. try making a second (ad creative clone) campaign with a different set of website parameters.

20. Flaxy

How do you find out why they are not buying?

1. This could be true.
    2. Possible yes
    3. What do you mean with this? A second campaign that has different widget ID that I target or different ads?

21. Flaxy

Update #4:

Yesterday the cost has been greatly decreased with the amount of clicks increasing. With this kind of cost I can run ads for 2 days and breakeven with only 1 conversion instead of needing 2 per day to breakeven.

Visits: 131(-34)
    Clicks: 55(+13)
    Cost: $11.81(-$35.27)
    Profit: -$11.81

I have also created a 2nd campaign and target another geo with campaign 1.

Surely the next conversion is about to happen today.

Attached Files:

banners