The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Journey to $1500/day using media buys

By blocking the source, I did mean when you advertise on Media Buying.
You will get a list of domain where your banner exists.
And certain domain or position do not work well, so just block those that get really low CTR after 10,000 impression.
Thanks... I will incorporate that in the new test I will be doing

Progress update: June 25th, 2015

made the first conversion !!!
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Data
impressions: 10,323
Clicks: 10
conversion: 1
payout: $2.60
spend: $43.61
Profit: -$41.01

This time I concentrated on one site profiled it then created banners that the audience of that site will relate with.

The problem is the the spot I was bidding on has little traffic which results in bid war, therefore I will search for other sites with a similar profile and have lots of traffic at a lower cpm

Strategy used in eliminating banners

1200 impressions no clicks –OUT

More than 5000 impressions – if CTR less than 0.1%- OUT

IF NONE LEFT- create new ones within the same day and upload the next day

the ones that remain I try to improve on them and create variations.

Congrats on first sale. How's it going over there?
Congrats on your 1st sale. How is it going now?
thanks... I'm now able to get conversions but all my campaigns are negative ROI mainly because the CPM is high...now I have only a few choices
- Reduce my cpm which results in me getting no traffic
- find another traffic source which is cheaper... for this one it tricky because cheaper traffic doesnt mean quality and finding a similar traffic source like the one I'm converting is a challenge
- Find a high payout product of about $15+ this will affect my testing budget

I'm tempted to move to other traffic sources but that is not the solution... I want to master sitescout as a traffic source . I know people are making big figures there ... it just a matter of hard work and persistence and I too will enter their league.

I think the problem is that you can't go after your demographic well enough using site scout. IE. age and gender. I assume for bizop it's males 30-50.

yeah that a challenge in sitescout but its something that can be overcome by researching the demographics of a site before launching a campaign.

@moneymaster

I thought you can use alexa.com such tools to determine the demography of the site?
So assume for that you can pursue 30-50 male?
If you have a few sources that's making you profit, then whitelist them, though it's little but can still make you profit in long run.

@moneymaster

I thought you can use alexa.com such tools to determine the demography of the site?
So assume for that you can pursue 30-50 male?
If you have a few sources that's making you profit, then whitelist them, though it's little but can still make you profit in long run.

I remember using Alexa for checking demographics on something typical male oriented, I think it was game related, and Alexa told me 90% was females, that´s when I understood that maybe that site isn't always accurate.

its been long since I updated this thread but never gave up

I've kept at it explored different traffic sources, different offers, different geos , different offer networks and found something that is working for me.

Yesterday I got my first profitable campaign with a low ROI of about 40% :)

at first the campaign was unprofitable but after weeding out non performing banners and landers the campaign become profitable

I will run that banner/lander combination a bit longer to see how it performs.

Desktop campaign
banner ctr 0.15%
lp ctr 37%
Lp conversion rate: 16%

any suggestions of how I can increase my ROI ?

Close all other windows, emails, turn off cell phones, put headphones/earbuds on and listen to whatever type of music to help you FOCUS!

Once I started doing this, the NOISY world around me vanished and I could magically "FOCUS"

~Sage

Hey I agree with allbof your other suggestions... But this one never works for me. In fact I feel more distracted by doing it... So am wondering how its working like a magic for you, really want to develop this kind of focusing method to keep myself free from any other thing thats around... By that whay what kind of music we are talking about ?

Close all other windows, emails, turn off cell phones, put headphones/earbuds on and listen to whatever type of music to help you FOCUS!

Once I started doing this, the NOISY world around me vanished and I could magically "FOCUS"

~Sage

Hey I agree with allbof your other suggestions... But this one never works for me. In fact I feel more distracted by doing it... So am wondering how its working like a magic for you, really want to develop this kind of focusing method to keep myself free from any other thing thats around... By that whay what kind of music we are talking about ?

I listen to all kinds of different music, here are a few samples of quick searches:

Meditation music

Ultra Chill Music

Tibetan Healing Music

Alpha wave study/focus music

Acoustic Guitar Music

Classical Piano Beethoven

Also, like randomness of SOMAFM - somone out of San Francisco streams all these different stations

checkout - SomaFM: Commercial-free, Listener-supported Radio

I like:

Groove Salad
A nicely chilled plate of ambient/downtempo beats and grooves.

Progress Update: June 19th 2015

19 days into my media buy journey and no single conversion.... I know I will crack this nut soon just as I have in other fields.
okay back to the data: run a campaign yesterday on super targetted collection of sites but no conversion also not receiving traffic....

I bid 3cpm on sites with average 1 cpm but not winning significant traffic...today I will bid 5 cpm and see what happens.
so far i'm in negative roi territory, anyone with some thoughts on this pls feel free to chip in so I can get that first conversion and I will be good to go

Having the same issue on Sitescout. I have thrown everything but the kitchen sink at it.
It will certainly test your confidence in your ability to succeed.

@moneymaster Can you tell us how much money have you "invested" into all media buying efforts before you made your first conersion?
or how much money it took you to learn it enought to be able to launch campaing with positive ROI.

It would be great to know how much does it take to have results.

MI
Back