The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“TrafficOn”/  “ProPush”/

[Journey] Growing A Money Tree Via Blogging In 2021!

shaunm

Affiliate
affiliate
N2SPhkQ.png

• Found a new sub-niche for this blog, it looks like its all medium to high competition but the traffic/income potential is definitely there so I might expand into that niche in 2022 once this blog is making more money and I can put profits back into link building efforts for it.
  • New organic traffic only daily record of 760. This will be my main focus now for the blog rather than total traffic from all sources as Pinterest is currently under performing for what I would have liked.
  • Pinterest traffic has climbed again compared to last week and Tailwind has ran out of pins to post. I guess growth on the platform from this point forward is just down to my pins aging in rather than new ones getting views straight away.
  • Added the place holders back to the blog from Ezoic as the test I did last week with less placeholders didn't really change anything on UX or page load times.
  • Received an offer from a friend to buy this blog but I will hold it until at least January 2022 as there is plenty of content on it left to age in and increase the multiple.
  • Article 1 - 1467 Words.
  • Article 2 - 1060 Words.
  • Article 3 - 1280 Words.
  • Article 4 - 1089 Words.
  • Article 5 - 1039 Words.
  • Article 6 - 1281 Words.
  • Article 7 - 1296 Words.
  • Article 8 - 1044 Words.
  • Article 9 - 1760 Words.
  • Article 10 - 971 Words.
  • Article 11 - 1067 Words.
  • Article 12 - 1159 Words.
  • Article 13 - 1489 Words.
  • Article 14 - 1336 Words.
  • Article 15 - 1661 Words.
  • Article 16 - 1165 Words.
  • Article 17 - 1288 Words.
  • Article 18 - 1212 Words.

I also uploaded a video going over the predicted search volume from Keywords Everywhere and the actual traffic that the site pulls this week to.

Leadbit

iamb

Affiliate
affiliate
Impressive progress Shaun, well done!

I am gearing up for an informational site as well in the coming days. Wanting to put few assumptions to the test. For this project of yours, are you in a position to share some numbers pertaining to the following?

- how many articles/posts do you have now on your site?
- how much have you spent on link building thus far?
- how much have you spent on content outsourcing till now?
-how much have you earned so far and how would you rate your ROI? I know the site will likely bring in more revenues, just want to assess how it looks like after 7-8 months of working on it.

These numbers would give me an indication of what i am up against while starting my content site project.

Thank you for sharing.

shaunm

Affiliate
affiliate
ugzZF90.png

• I ended up with sun stroke for the best part of the week from Paddleboarding on the sea so couldn't get much done. Once I recovered most of my time had to be put into putting the finishing touches on a new project and planning the future for this one.
  • Income for this project is lower than I would have liked by this stage so I am thinking of switching over to longer form articles like article 2 this week for medium to high competition keywords and then building a bunch of backlinks to them. I was planning to moving over to this content strategy in January but have decided to start it now instead.
  • Thinking of going back and updating some older articles as I think I have seen something correlating to the pages hit by the July core algorithm update but it will take a ton of time. For now, I want to work on the higher comp articles and moving forward.
  • New all time traffic record of 862 and organic record of 805.
  • Pinterest is hovering around 14 hits per day now, hoping it will grow more in September.
  • Article 1 - 1236 Words.
  • Article 2 - 5581 Words.
Now if you could scale it somehow ...
Definitely, some nice progress..
thumbsup.png
Yea, hoping that it will start to grow faster now due to the domain aging in.
Impressive progress Shaun, well done!

I am gearing up for an informational site as well in the coming days. Wanting to put few assumptions to the test. For this project of yours, are you in a position to share some numbers pertaining to the following?

- how many articles/posts do you have now on your site?
- how much have you spent on link building thus far?
- how much have you spent on content outsourcing till now?
-how much have you earned so far and how would you rate your ROI? I know the site will likely bring in more revenues, just want to assess how it looks like after 7-8 months of working on it.

These numbers would give me an indication of what i am up against while starting my content site project.

Thank you for sharing.
  • About 360 articles.
  • $4190 on links so far.
  • About $500 on content, I have done the vast majority of the content for this site myself.
  • Rev is about $1281.51 right now and its sitting at around $631.87 rev this month to add to that too.
I consider this project to be under performing though, you can set in the traffic graph in the image at the top of the post, the July core algorithm update hit the blog and around 80 of its articles.

shaunm

Affiliate
affiliate
H75gNwN.png

• Theres been a slight dip in traffic over the last few days, not sure if it is due to the update at the start of September or just random. My rank tracker shows that I have record high numbers in the top 3 for their target keywords so I will leave it to see if anything changes.
  • Fixed an issue that was preventing AAWP from auto redirecting people to their local Amazon stores for the blog, this should spike the Amazon income by 10%-25% with any luck.
  • Ordered 50 forum links.
  • Moved back up to 4 star Ezoic Premium, waiting for the premium ads to kick in to hope that it sees a jump in the income from the display ad side of things.
  • New daily organic traffic record of 873 and all traffic record of 907.
  • Article 1 - 3199 Words.
  • Article 2 - 3539 Words.
  • Article 3 - 2345 Words.
  • Article 4 - 2614 Words.
  • Article 5 - 2617 Words.
  • Article 6 - 2329 Words.
  • Article 7 - 2281 Words.
Uploaded the monthly update for this project on YouTube too.

shaunm

Affiliate
affiliate
j4B29G5.png

• Knocked down to Ezoic Premium 3 star but I can’t see why as my traffic/income are within the bracket for 4 star. I know I have said it before but I just wish that the Ezoic Premium service would be revenue share so there's no need to plan cashflows just for their system to downgrade you so you have dead money in your account.
  • Spent a day doing keyword research due to most of the keywords that I had left for the project being the type that was hit by the July core algorithm update and wanting to avoid that type of article. I have some decent keywords banked now and I am curious to see how they perform once I get their articles churned out.
  • Bottom of page 1 for two high search volume keywords for the first time so I'm really hoping to see them climb to the top 3 of Google soon.
  • Pinterest traffic has started to slowly climb again, its only 16 a day right now but its better than the downward trend it was on.
  • Google traffic has went a bit crazy this week even though my rank tracker is reporting nothing but upward movement in the SERP.
  • Article 1 - 1589 Words.
  • Article 2 - 1956 Words.
  • Article 3 - 1578 Words.
  • Article 4 - 2133 Words.
  • Article 5 - 2626 Words.
  • Article 6 - 2131 Words.
  • Article 7 - 1744 Words.
  • Article 8 - 2324 Words.
  • Article 9 - 2167 Words.
Break that $200.00 wk ceiling :D Maybe, The Halloween season?
I hope so mate, I would happy is traffic would just grow in correlation to my rank tracker rather than going mental and doing its own thing though >.<. I was really hoping to break $1000 this month but I doubt it will happen now :(.

Certified

T J Tutor

GM
Administrator
Certified Vendor
affiliate
Dojo Master
AffKit
ALL I SEE IS LOADS OF PROGRESS / LEARNING/ PERSEVERENCE!

Great Job Congrats GIF by American Family Insurance

Never Give Up!

Go All The Way!

shaunm

Affiliate
affiliate
MWGBbRn.png
  • Noticed the YouTube widget in the Google SERP popping in for more and more keywords this week. Even though I have gained around 20 keywords in the top 3 of Google this week, traffic is actually down due to the widget pushing blogs below the fold. Kind of knocked the wind out of my sales so just took an easy week when it comes to content production for this blog. I will still knock out a few articles each week but I am putting more time into other projects right now until I see how the widget will go.
  • Been reinvited back to Ezoic Premium 4 Star that the system kicked me out of last week or the week before, going to give it another try but if it kicked me again then I will probably just drop Ezoic Premium altogether.
  • Article 1 - 2343 Words.
  • Article 2 - 1971 Words.
  • Article 3 - 2551 Words.
  • Article 4 - 1716 Words.
  • Article 5 - 1944 Words.
  • Article 6 - 1536 Words.
ALL I SEE IS LOADS OF PROGRESS / LEARNING/ PERSEVERENCE!

Great Job Congrats GIF by American Family Insurance

Never Give Up!

Go All The Way!
Cheers mate :).

shaunm

Affiliate
affiliate
UzDIfxu.png

• I have had the head cold that's going around the UK right now (not Covid) the last week so haven't done much other than sleep. I'm still not 100% so I will probably take this week easy too, once I do feel better though, I am leaning more towards doing keyword research for a blog project for next year rather than publishing content for this blog to give it more time to observe the effects of the YouTube widget in Google for this niche but so far, it really hasn't had much of an effect on traffic to the blog.
  • If I can keep this weeks income/traffic then the blog is close to the $1000 per month mark and I will be happy hitting that with this blog this year.
  • Article 1 - 1803 Words
  • Article 2 - 2872 Words

shaunm

Affiliate
affiliate

pOQh7f6.png
  • I haven't done anything new on this project as I want to just leave it to age in while I do keyword research for my project for next year. It has seen some growth over the last week so I am happy with it slowly pulling more and more traffic as I work on other stuff.
  • New daily organic traffic record of 923 hits.
  • Turned script execution off in Ezoic Leap to try and stop a bug with AAWP and so far it seems like it has fixed it and clicks are being redirected correctly now.
I uploaded the video update for the month of September too and the site managed to make $877.31 in September 2021.

shaunm

Affiliate
affiliate
wp1fJA6.png

• Ordered 2 new guest posts and 2 new niche edits for this project but its more to test a service for a blog I want to start next year to see what they deliver.
  • No new content for the project this week as I have been busy with other stuff and going to start banking content for next years project for the rest of this year I think.
  • The Ezoic Ad Index tool is showing that ad spend on the network has gone back to what it was at the end of last month after a little dip so hoping for an increase in ad income this coming week but time will tell.

Zaryab Khattak

Affiliate
affiliate
HLiXKug.gif

With this journey thread, I am going to focus on growing one specific blogging project throughout 2021. Although most of the content generation for the project will be done between January and March with regular updates, I will post anything relevant that happens after that as well as reaching traffic/income milestones and monthly updates on the growth of the blog too.
  • I have settled on a niche for the blog, this was actually harder than I initially thought it would be as this is only going to be a relatively small blog so I didn't want to use a niche I could potentially make an authority site with in the future. Although the niche is related to one of my interests, it is something that I have only been interested in for a few months so I don't know the topic as well as I would like.
  • I have done some initial keyword acquisition today for the project to get some general keyword ideas for the blog. I basically just used Answer The Public and Keyword Sh*tter and ended up with 1119 initial keywords to check the competition of after removing the keywords with 0 predicted search volume in Keywords Everywhere. As it's snowing pretty heavily here right now, I will probably spend most of tomorrow going through these initial keywords to see how many of them are actionable for articles. While doing the keyword competition analysis tomorrow for the keywords I will also be doing alphabet soup, people also asked, and wildcard checks in Google to see if I can find other keyword ideas as I go.
Good luck mate
Wish you best of luck for your future :)

shaunm

Affiliate
affiliate
A4cilfk.png
  • Highest income week for the blog so far, also had another organic traffic record of 957 hits in a single day from search engines.
  • I switched around some Ezoic placeholders on the blog to try and spike income to take advantage of the ad rate spikes in Q4.
  • It looks like the YouTube widget has stayed in the sub-niche that I noticed it in last month but at least it hasnt spread into other sub-niches the blog covers. I have checked some page level analytics for the pages with the YouTube widget in first position and my blog in 2nd and traffic drop off is between 75-90%.
  • I haven't added any new content to this project this week as I have been pumping out the content ready for a new blog for next year building on the lessons learned from this blog and the one I built last year.
Good luck mate
Wish you best of luck for your future :)
Cheers pal :).

MI