The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Is it better to have a one-niche website for affiliate marketing? How specific should it be?

I was a member at Wealthy Affiliate for a year, but I can't really afford another $400 subscription. There they taught that you should go for really specific niches.

I tried that for multiple websites, but found that I ran out of content ideas very quickly. After 5 or so articles, I was completely out. For example, I had a website about Squat Rack Accessories. There are only a certain amount of squat racks and accessories, so I ran out of ideas. But I wanted to score high in the SEO.

As for two niches: What is the hurt if I do, for example, fitness and finance? Two interests of mine, wouldn't an article be an article still? If I have an article about gaining muscle mass with a specific product, would it matter if it's on a muscle-building page vs fitness page vs fitness and finance?

There are a couple websites I see in the micro-niche industry that only sell one product, and have no blog. But they somehow rank higher than Amazon and make hundreds, if not thousands of dollars a month. How does that work?

you have to widen the niche to accommodate enough content
every niche is part of a vertical/horizontal
funnel up some --a website with just a few pages is either a hobby or just a group of landing pages for ads.
example https://www.affiliatefix.com/attachments/horizontals-verticals-business-interests-txt.13603/
(rename the file .csv to open in a spreadsheet)
Amazon does billions a month -- when they find any successful small potato they just buy an ad on the first line of the search.
Amazon and Google split the take ...

Amazon does billions a month -- when they find any successful small potato they just buy an ad on the first line of the search.

Golden nugget information
Amazon does this in my niche, seasonal clothing
Google organic traffic increase when the Amazon ads disappear (adspend runs out)
Or they didn't make a good ROI
Best is to find a niche pays high enough to give you profit & returns low enough to make the Amazon PPC mafia ignore it
I learn it with ecommerce affilite marketing --> stay off radar but stay on fertile land

banners
Back