The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Is email marketing still effective? (2015)

I spent a little time fiddling around with some email safelists this past weekend in my quest to find new ways of driving traffic to my websites for free. I was mainly attracted to them since the folks signed up for them are always whitelisted and, in theory at least usually click on the link in your email, since otherwise they don't get credit for reading the email.
I also did some experimenting last night, since one of my Commision Junction affiliate programs allows me to advertise them via email. Out of my 1,000 emails I got 1 click.

I don't know how worthwhile traditional email marketing is, but I by and large found the safelist marketing to be ineffective and a big time drain. One of the safelists, Guaranteed Solo Mail, did guarantee a certain number of clicks for my credits and actually over-performed on this. But I still didn't see any website signups from it.

So with all the blocking, blacklisting, spam etc is it still effective guys?

This is completely dependent on what types of email marketing you are referencing.

Spam marketing is dangerous and it is ineffective. It simply isn't efficient.

Solo Ads can be effective as long as your product is relevant to the list you are placing your ads. Be sure to have solid content backed up by an authority site you own.

Newsletters are extremely effective with your own doi list.

Promotional emails are less effective that the newsletter format, however they still produce well to a well built doi list that you own and have connected to a site.

It all revolves around a solid list that you built and you own, with the exception of the solo ads (which still lead back to your site(s).

Both the sites and the emails must be high quality in presentation and in content.

We are in 2016 and you know what email marketing still now have a very vital impact to promote anything. Just try to be honest to your subscribers.

If you are not doing spam, then yes its effective. You have to spread valuable mails. Doesn't matter its for self promotion or what, present it like you are going to give some free stuffs.

It's worth it only if you have built your own list for each of your own niches. I know a few that blast big purchased lists and they claim to earn big from it, but it's essentially legal spam. It's a lot of work and you can do better with your own well developed lists.

Email still remains one of the most effective medium. However it is essential to focus the content depending on the he audince. And having an very good content that urgees the audiences to do an action and not just read an never look at the mail.
I personally keep 20%-25% response back rate(like the user has taken an action or replied back) as minimum bench mark.

Email is definitely NOT dead, nor will it be anytime soon. From newsletters to targeted offerings, brands can now monitor, measure, test and tweak emails to drive customer engagement. In addition, many new technologies show great promise of dramatically changing the email marketing game. Email will cease to simply be a medium for communication and evolve into a platform that helps brands deliver cross-channel experiences. Email marketing is inexpensive too !

This year 2016 has many new technologies developed, so email marketing is effective if it's not consider as spam. Much software available for email marketing, some are Litmus, Mail Chimp, Apptivo, etc. Using these tools to process the email marketing.

Last edited:
From my experienced i think it is still effective and many people used this formula. I think you need to follow rules and it it will not go as spam then it will be good for you.

MI
Back