The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Is Blogger dead or it still is lucrative?

chareal

affiliate
I have an idea, and right now I'm looking for some ways so get some money and get a website up and running. But since blogger is free and I have like 3 years experience in setting blogs and know my way through HTML editing, I want to know if it is still alive?

I don't care how much time will it take me to build audience, I can wait. I have some areas of expertise so I write great content. I have some following on Quora.com on a couple of subjects, I am in the TOP 10 most viewed writers there on some topics (Which means I get asked a lot of questions, and I can get many ideas to talk about) so I can redirect it to the blog. I am able to build Facebook pages and such...

So as you can see I got it all figured out but the Blogger vs Setting up a real website issue.
Any EXPERIENCED input would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Sure, Blogger still gets used by some marketers but if you buy a domain and hosting and set up a website, it's yours and Google can't take it away. You have more control over things, plus cool (from a blogging and marketing point of view) plugins and better design capabilities (IMO).

If you have zero budget, WordPress also has a free alternative.

If you can afford it, I would recommend that you buy a domain for whichever free site you decide on.

Just so you know, you can get very affordable shared hosting. HostGator Hosting | Affiliate Marketing Forum | AffiliateFix

Your writing skills will really help you with your process! Best of luck with it.

Thanks azgold. Bookmarked the hosting link. So you advise to wait to have some cash on me? Or I create the blogger (I like blogger more than wordpress as it is easier to find great looking templates) and after some time when I get the necessary cash I can migrate the whole thing to a wordpress hosted website?

I have an idea, and right now I'm looking for some ways so get some money and get a website up and running. But since blogger is free and I have like 3 years experience in setting blogs and know my way through HTML editing, I want to know if it is still alive?

I don't care how much time will it take me to build audience, I can wait. I have some areas of expertise so I write great content. I have some following on Quora.com on a couple of subjects, I am in the TOP 10 most viewed writers there on some topics (Which means I get asked a lot of questions, and I can get many ideas to talk about) so I can redirect it to the blog. I am able to build Facebook pages and such...

So as you can see I got it all figured out but the Blogger vs Setting up a real website issue.
Any EXPERIENCED input would be appreciated.
Thanks.

This is exactly what I do in highly focused micro niches. Build your own site(s) with WP or HTML5 and PHP. Your plan is solid. Being a writer gives you the edge up on others. If you are like myself, you can research and write about most anything and have it presented in an authoritative manner. This is where the real gold is for long term efforts. IMO!

Thanks TJ. Always appreciate an advice coming from you. So I'll wait, maybe in the mean time save my posts in MS Word and such till I get some money flowing and then post them. And yes actually I read a lot of stuff (About 550 ebooks of all kinds on my Smartphone). For now I'll concentrate more on some CPA + FB methods in addition to writing posts-to-be on MS Word. Thanks again TJ.

Thanks TJ. Always appreciate an advice coming from you. So I'll wait, maybe in the mean time save my posts in MS Word and such till I get some money flowing and then post them. And yes actually I read a lot of stuff (About 550 ebooks of all kinds on my Smartphone). For now I'll concentrate more on some CPA + FB methods in addition to writing posts-to-be on MS Word. Thanks again TJ.

You're very welcome @chareal , keep the questions coming on content sites whenever you need. I'll give you everything I know that makes them work.

Keep us posted!

banners
Back