The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Informative Site: Search Engine Watch

Danny is a real nice guy, and knows his eggs, but SEW isn't a patch on what it used to be before he monetised it, as (without saying too much). It is still one of less than a handful of SEO/SEM sites I would recommend though.

I wouldn't trust spyware pushers no more than I would trust a divorce attorney.

"$150 search advertising credit at MetricsDirect"

MetricsDirect = 180 Solutions = (fill in the blank)

benedelman.org/spyware/180-affiliates/

It seems like such a thin line between who is trustworthy and who isn't. What other sites would you recommend for SEO/SEM info?

The line is extremely thin. You are already on the best site for such info (only joking) but joking aside you can find the most up-to-date info here, someone like OWG is a wealth of info, I know a thing or two and there is a few other guys around who are well clued up on SEO stuff.

If you trawl the net for SEO info you will find an awful lot most of them conflicting at time, you will probably end up more confused that you were before. What has worked for me is mainly trial and error. I did some things that got my site extremely web ranked and I did others which got my site banned, eventually manage to learn to walk between the think line that separate ethical SEO tactics from one that is not ethical.

No need for all the SEO research. Simply build a mother site, get a PR4/5, and then start making babies (sattelites).

I have to agree Temi, this is has been the most informative and helpful site I've found so far! I too am looking to stand on the shoulders of giants and walk that thin line succesfully!

Paul_KY said:
No need for all the SEO research. Simply build a mother site, get a PR4/5, and then start making babies (sattelites).

I've got the mother site almost complete, from there I'm linking to the lifesupporters network as well as some spin offs of my own, this will all interlink very shortly. Now to be direct about it, does the baby making involve copies of the mother site or just similar sites that all link back to the mother site and other places?

Pentarix,

Whatever linking strategy you adopt, do NOT have two sites with the same contents, you will be penalised for this by most search engines, try and make the sites as unique as possible. By the way when you are ready free inclusion awaits you in any or all of my directories but ensure you contents are superb first.

Also be very careful not to link excusively to your own sites, as this can be picked up as a link farm.

One thing though, I STILL recommend Searchengine watch, it is a very good site, and one (as I said) of less than a handful I would recommend for quality SEO/SEM advice.

temi said:
Pentarix,

Whatever linking strategy you adopt, do NOT have two sites with the same contents, you will be penalised for this by most search engines, try and make the sites as unique as possible. By the way when you are ready free inclusion awaits you in any or all of my directories but ensure you contents are superb first.

That's what I was wondering about because the way I'm doing, all the sites and pages are unique. I appreciate the offer, I am waiting until I have the content A+ first before I start doing this as I don't want to cause any problems for lifesupporters or others.

Old Welsh Guy said:
Also be very careful not to link excusively to your own sites, as this can be picked up as a link farm.

One thing though, I STILL recommend Searchengine watch, it is a very good site, and one (as I said) of less than a handful I would recommend for quality SEO/SEM advice.

I wouldn't want to be considered a link farm, I hate to see when people do this type of thing. It all seems like a huge grey area in some places though but I'm not going to risk my sites reputation for a few extra hits.

I might add, make this a ssssssssssssssssslllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwww process. Don't all the sudden, out of the blue, have 50 links going to your sister sites. I know it may seem tempting, but don't do it. Ad them gradually, while increasing the size/pages of your mother site while waiting. I'm not kidding when I say I wouldn't ad more than one link every 3-6 months. I want in for the looooooonnnnnnnnnnnggggggg haul. That's why I use other means of advertising, which costs a bundle yes, but it keeps the traffic/income coming, and keeps Paul patient enough not to build 50 sites in 50 days and then link them from the mother ship.

Jeeze Paul, you sound like a Hyundai manufacturer, slap'em together and release the lemons. How is it you can put together 50 sites in that time and have any hope of getting good PR without immediate linking or traffic?

Also, isn't linking all of these sites to your mother ship at once going against your previous rule of adding links slowly, not to mention also creating a link farm?

"How is it you can put together 50 sites in that time and have any hope of getting good PR without immediate linking or traffic?"

I never said this.

"Also, isn't linking all of these sites to your mother ship at once going against your previous rule of adding links slowly, not to mention also creating a link farm?"

I never said this.

Again, Huh?

Sorry, I didn't see the word not in your post and read it as something you actually do.

banners
Back