The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Increasing PR?

L

lauraddirectnet

What are some great ways to increase the PR of my website? I have read about blogging and search engines and such,but is there anything more that can be done.

I know there is no quick fix, but how long can it take to go up for example from a 3 to a 5?

All comments are appreciated!

People pay a lot more attention to PageRank than they should and Google might just like the fact that so many people do. It gives Google a lot of attention and while people are concentration on PageRank, sometimes using unethical tricks, they are ignoring some of the many other factors that Google considers.

The most important thing is where you are in the search results and not how much green is being shown indicating your PageRank. Often a page with a PageRank of 3 can be higher in the search engine results pages than a page with a PageRank of 5, and it can be done without using any unethical methods.

The one person can be all excited because they have a PageRank of 5. The other person is all excited because they are higher in the search results and are getting more traffic than the page with the higher PageRank.

Google won't say exactly, but it is know there are well over 100 factors involved in the determination of where a page is placed in the search engine results pages. There are some thoughts it could be even be between 200 and 500 different factors. PageRank is just one of those factors. If people spend too much time with that, they are going to ignore some of those other important factors.

It often happens that a page with a PageRank of 3 can be number 1 for keywords while doing nothing wrong and pages with a higher PageRank and lower in the search results and not even on the first page of results.

What people should do is to forget about PageRank and forget about search engines. Keep their visitors in mind and make each page the very best it can possibly be. Make it so it will be a great benefit to the visitor. If the page is the very best possible for visitors, then search engines will like it as well.

You will also find that you will be getting links, without asking from them, because of the quality that you have. This produces more traffic for you and that is the important thing. It might also help you in the search engines.

As important as search engines are it is always nice to have other sources for traffic. Producing a high quality site is the way to get attention of people who will like what you have and will link to it for that reason. They like it and they believe their visitors will benefit from it as well. This is extra traffic for you.

You may go from a PageRank of 3 to a PageRank of 5 in a short time. You may even rank lower in the search engine results pages when you have a PageRank of 5 than you did when your Page Rank was 3, depending on many factors including what other people did with their pages, algorithm changes etc.

PageRank if something that might be good for the ego. But having a higher PageRank doesn't guarantee you will place higher in the search engine results pages or get more visitors.

The ideal thing is to concentrate on quality and benefits for your visitors. Strive to have the best pages possible and the rest will take care of itself.

Thank you for the input.
I always hear about the stress being placed on PR rankings and it seems to vary. People either say it is extremely important and there are those who say it is not that important, I never seem to find anyone in the middle.
I am always adding quality content to my site and am constantly keeping it up to date.
I suppose a better question would be, how to increase traffic?
I was focusing on PR, but I was assuming a higher PR ment a higher search result in google. However, if what you say is true, then as I said my question should be, what are the best ways to increase traffic?

Pr

It's a toss up in my opinion what PR is really worth below say a PR8. I've had plenty of PR 7's that fluctuate in the rankings during every reindex, sometimes dramatically falling out of place. Which isn't that big of a deal until you see a few sites with PR 5's pulling top spots.

More specifically, there are way too many factors for SERPS than just PR. My theory is that Google not only heavily weights certain links from certain "trusted sites" but also uses their Google toolbar to gauge where users are visiting, and also gathers plenty of contextual information on the site. Google has a very good idea of what sites are popular and most of the very large market categories have had relatively few changes in the top 10 listings.

Don't get me wrong you can increase PR to a 7 through a few great link exchanges and have a ton of great content that instantly gets you top rankings...but Googlebombing is not what it once was and the way Google has defined relevancy in its algorithm has consistently adapted to fend off manipulation.

However...since you're just looking for ways to increase PR, it never hurts to find top PR sites and offer them money...that and you know, maybe creating a lot of great content that people want to link to. It's not easy and it definitely takes time.

Shortly I will make it possible for you to see for yourself that what I'm telling you is true. But first I want to cover some of the many other factors that Google considers in the determination of search engine results:

Title. Each page should have a title and it should be different for each page.

How unique the page is. It shouldn't be a duplicate from your site or another site.

The age of the page. If is has been around a long time it is considered more authorative.

Internal linking.

Relevant keywords.

Use of keywords in URL.

Linking to bad neighborhoods. That will hurt you.

Accessibility of page.

Keyword density.

Internal link structure.

There are many more. These are just some of them.

Now I'm going to give you a chance to see what I told you is true. All you need to do is to conduct several searches using this search tool. There are others like it which do the same thing. You make a search. It will then give you the results based upon relevance, which is how Google does it with the search engine results pages. You will see the PageRank after each one. If you do a number of searches using various keywords and seach terms, you will find that often pages with lower PageRank will be higher in the results than pages with a higher PageRank. Here is the link to this search tool http://www.seochat.com/seo-tools/pagerank-search/

Interesting, I tried it out, you are right. I think I have been used to seeing people place such importance on Google PR. Thanks for those tips, they give me a new focus. I had asked this question before and was told to focus on the rank, so this is good news from you. Thanks again!

PageRank Explained In Full

Here's an outstanding web source that explains Page Rank in full detail.

This should help answer everyone's questions on how PR works and how you get ... and why you care about it. Good read!

TUTTI said:
tag your site pages to social bookmarking sites like del.icio.us

Hmm, I am not to familiar with that. Can you explain that to me? Thanks you!

Not sweating PR anymore

Hi
In response to "lauradirect" , a crazy thing was happening to my main site regarding Google PR. One day I am ranked at 4...the next day I am not ranked. A few days later I am ranked at 3...a day later not ranked. It goes back and forth, but I decided I would not lose any more sleep over Google PR 'cause for a couple of my KWs, I was listed 4, 5 and sixth position in search ahead of some higher ranked sites. Go figure... I dunno!

As Admin states...we make too much out of PR. I read Google's webmaster "guidelines" and just set up as they say to. I am spidered regularly and getting free traffic...the result we all want!

Just a free thought :rolleyes:

I used to be caught up on the PR thingy too. Now i see it as irrelevant, since most of my traffic is targeted anyway.

Page Rank

You can go to a website like Adbrite and buy a bunch of cheap, page ranked, advertisments. If you have links on pageranked websites for months at a time, this should help get you page ranked.

Hi
In response to "lauradirect" , a crazy thing was happening to my main site regarding Google PR. One day I am ranked at 4...the next day I am not ranked. A few days later I am ranked at 3...a day later not ranked. It goes back and forth, but I decided I would not lose any more sleep over Google PR 'cause for a couple of my KWs, I was listed 4, 5 and sixth position in search ahead of some higher ranked sites. Go figure... I dunno!

As Admin states...we make too much out of PR. I read Google's webmaster "guidelines" and just set up as they say to. I am spidered regularly and getting free traffic...the result we all want!

Just a free thought :rolleyes:

When you see irregular PR like that, it's an indication that Google is doing a PR update. You site is being run through their filters and judged for it's final ranking.

You want good PR, but to get it all you have to do is build a proper site, add content to it and get others to link to it. It really is a very basic, but time consuming body of work to get good ranking on Google.

there are many factors that will help you to get high page rank but the first one is links (quality content is the hard thing that no any one can get this magic thing).
pay attention to rank well not just links but your anchor text should be choose another factor is your on-page optimization which you have total control.
get high page rank will help you to get more important links from other web sites try every thing such as posting foum, article marketing, blogs, submit directories.

MI
Back