The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Illegal downloaders 'face UK ban'

gkd_uk

People in the UK who go online and illegally download music and films may have their internet access cut under plans the government is considering.
A draft consultation Green Paper suggests internet service providers would be required to take action over users who access pirated material.

Under a "three strikes" rule they would receive an e-mail warning, suspension, and then termination of their contract.

Six million people a year are estimated to download files illegally in the UK.

Music and film companies say that the illegal downloads cost them millions of pounds in lost revenues.

Read more

I supose the Service providers are really looking forward to investing all this technology, processing power and other expensive resources to achieve a reduction in customers and revenue. Also I expect the expense of running such a clearout of these paying customers would be met by the government and not passed on to us the users.

I dont possibly see how they can inforce this? there are thousands of warez sites & forums each using different file hosting companies to store these.

I could put a safe bet if they brought down rapid share 75% of illegal downloads will be gone

There is a good debate about this here:

Ooops can post a link yet.

its on the technology blogs on the telegraph newspaper blogsite written by Shane Richmond - "More music industry internet idiocy" im sure google knows where it is.

Very good pros and cons debate

Grab a cup of coffee before you start reading this as its a long one :)

banners
Back