The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

I finally have gone live.

dharrison

affiliate
Hi Everybody

I have finally bitten the bullet and gone live with what will be my affiliate. My thinking is to wait a couple of weeks and get a decent amount of content on there before I start applying to affiliate networks.

In that meantime, I do welcome any constructive criticism on my current efforts: foodonthetable.co.uk

I have covered that affilaite advertising willbe included on my about page and my privacy policy. Do I need something like a disclaimer or similar?

I welcome any advice.

Kind regards

Deb

53 requests
2.74 MB / 1.66 MB transferred
Finish: 10.39 s
DOMContentLoaded: 5.70 s
load: 9.83 s

poor performance from the USA
WordPress is typically slow 5s -7s

The images need to be compressed *.wep may work best

Hi Everybody

I have finally bitten the bullet and gone live with what will be my affiliate. My thinking is to wait a couple of weeks and get a decent amount of content on there before I start applying to affiliate networks.

In that meantime, I do welcome any constructive criticism on my current efforts: foodonthetable.co.uk

I have covered that affilaite advertising willbe included on my about page and my privacy policy. Do I need something like a disclaimer or similar?

I welcome any advice.

Kind regards

Deb

What you are doing is a proven concept. It works, but you have more work to do to get competitive for the kind of traffic needed for the rewards you seek.

Add a pop-up after 3 to 5 seconds asking the visitors to subscribe to your Food on the Table Newsletter and Announcements.

The images are not sharp and in some cases not well lit. You have to get that under control somehow. Foody people, I am one, will not appreciate poor imagery.

As for content, you do need loads more content to get up to speed.

The site, and subsequent pages, do load slowly. Are you on a shared server?

Expand your disclosures pages to include TOS, Cookie Policies, and move the Privacy Policy off the top menu to the bottom of the pages along with the other disclosures. All disclosures should be in one place, the bottom of the site.

Good start, now you need to refine the idea, refine the site's content and imagery, then you'll be in a good place for the networks.

Thank you Graybeard and T J Tutor for your feedback. I am spending this first few weeks, getting in the routine of posting every day (the joys of scheduling) and just perfecting what I do.

You mentioned Terms of Service, what should I include on this and is there an online resource I can use to create the wording for this?

Thats a new one on me. I have .webp and webm encryption. I think I need to research.

Last edited:
I am spending this first few weeks, getting in the routine of posting every day (the joys of scheduling) and just perfecting what I do.

That's thinking like an entrepreneur! A business mind gets results.

You mentioned Terms of Service, what should I include on this and is there an online resource I can use to create the wording for this?

So, in today's terms, "it is best to cover your butt in as many ways as is possible".

You can find templates for these all over the web. Just change them to meet your sites needs. I highly recommend having an attorney review them once you start earning.

Privacy Policy
TOS
Disclosure
(sometimes: Earnings Disclosure - If you receive compensation in any form for including anything on your website – a link, an image, an article, anything – then you should absolutely include a disclosure.)
Cookie Policy

It's also a good idea to include these:
FAQ
About
Contact

Last edited:
A new image format for the Web | WebP | Google Developers
Code:
xxx@xxx-DS-7:~/greenhouse$ cwebp   mark1.jpg  -o mark1.webp
Saving file 'mark1.webp'
File:      mark1.jpg
Dimension: 653 x 490
Output:    103304 bytes Y-U-V-All-PSNR 36.05 40.17 39.48   36.98 dB
block count:  intra4: 1265
              intra16: 6  (-> 0.47%)
              skipped block: 0 (0.00%)
bytes used:  header:            277  (0.3%)
             mode-partition:   6762  (6.5%)
 Residuals bytes  |segment 1|segment 2|segment 3|segment 4|  total
    macroblocks:  |      48%|      24%|      21%|       6%|    1271
      quantizer:  |      32 |      24 |      17 |      15 |
   filter level:  |      10 |       5 |       3 |       2 |
xxx@xxx-DS-7:~/greenhouse$ ls -lh  mark1.*
-rw-rw-r-- 1 xxx xxx 155K Mar 11  2017 mark1.jpg
-rw-rw-r-- 1 xxx xxx 101K Feb  2 09:54 mark1.webp <<<<
xxx@xxx-DS-7:~/greenhouse$
(155-101)/155
35% Reduction of a compressed jpeg
80% reductions *.png >*.webp are not that unusual

You will probably need some tool but this can be done like this on a server /LINUX.
Firefox, Chrome and *probably* the Edge version using Chromium will support this.
iOs /Safari Apple products will do not support webp so that may be problematic.

So, you would have to support Safari to render the image in a normal *.jpg/*.gif/*.png format. This requires scripting images on your own server or paying a CDN to do it on the fly.

Best course is to compress your existing images for the web better. Use smaller sizes and not so bright colors, when really unneeded; yellow and greens are more KB in size I have found to be.

If you know how to use a server terminal command line;
Code:
$ convert -resize 100% -quality 70% old.png new.jpg
will work with little noticeable difference (to the eye) I have found. **NOT FOR TRANSPARENT PNG

Load time is critical for UX and SEO success. If you are running ads and the ad page doesn't load quickly on an ad click-thru you CTR will look good and you CR will suck big time.

Thank you T J Tutor :)

I will look for ToS online. Ironically I have asked my solicitor in passing about terms of service as well.

As far a performance is going, I found that the template I had opted to use 3 years ago, seemed to be the cause of the dire site performance. I have changed my template and Google Lighthouse gives a great overall school but because it hasn't got enough data to act on, is still reading a not great performance score.

Do you know of a resource I can use to measure my site performance? I welcome any advice.

Hi Everybody

I welcome any advice.

Kind regards

Deb
From the SEO perspective, I found only 2 critical errors:

No sitemap.xml found:
It appears to me that you have not submitted any sitemap for your site. Sitemap,XML is a way by which your google bots are able to interact with your site in a better way, thus increasing your chances of ranking on the SERPs.

Page Speed:
I checked your page with Google Page Speed insight:

Your desktop speed looks fine to me but you need to work upon your mobile page speed. After the Mobile-First Indexing update by Google, it has become even more important to work for your small screen users. Load time as you know is referred to as the time taken for the entire site to render. Thus, it is important for you to load your site as quickly as possible.

Keyword Consistency
Your keyword consistency is also poor. I'll suggest you distributing your keywords across the important title tags such as Title, Meta Description and so on.

Thank You !! and Best of Luck.

is there an online resource I can use to create the wording for this?

Yes, there is. Just do a search in your browser for online terms generator. You may want to get a lawyer to draw up something for you, once you're making the big bucks. :D

MI
Back