The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How To Write Good Content

Alex Smart

affiliate
Hi

Biggest area i'm struggling with as an affiliate marketer, is my content! e-mails, reviews, anything that requires writing. How can i improve this?

Alex

First, learn to write compelling copy

Many of us are content marketers. We have developed the skills for writing content and compelling copy. Even those of us that do write, cannot do all of it and often require using services that curate at least some of the content for us and or sites.

I currently write 3,000 to 4,000 words a day, but at my peak, I wrote over 10,000 words a day. Many do this regularly, but it requires developing the skill set to accomplish it. Most all of us that do write "volumes" daily actually have this little nagging feeling that compels us to write. We have difficulty not writing. It's like a fever for some of us.

With emails, these can be templated in such a way that you can consistently recycle email copy by making minor adjustments to the templates you create. Make every new email a template and maintain a well organized template folder for them. this saves you loads of time over the years as you amass a great collection.

Reviews are different. I don't know why you would require any great effort in writing reviews. After all, how many can a person need to write in a day/week/month? Unless, of course, you are writing them as a profession (which is dastardly).

If you don't want to learn it, farm it out!

I do want to learn it, its an area i believe needs improving to help me as an affiliate marketer. I Suppose practice is the best way forwards.

Read anything by John Carlton, Dan Kennedy, or Jay Abrams. These guys are masters at writing copy.

More:
  • Dan Kennedy.
  • Brian clark.
  • David Ogilvy.
  • John Carlton.
  • Gary Harbert.
  • Joseph Sugarman.
  • Gary Bencivenga.
  • Lester Wunderman.

When it comes to writing content, they will have insights, but your best bet is to read everything you can by doing research. Research articles in the niches you want to serve and only read content by well respected content marketers or coaches. Neil Patel is brilliant. QuickSprout has this great article. Lynda, Udemy, SkillShare, and Coursera have some decent courses. HubSpot has a great certification course as well.

Be committed, be diligent with research for your content, learn to make it compelling, and your readers will always come back for more.

Just remember, copy is more for presenting triggers, hooks, angles, and calls to action. Content is more for building your tribe by providing well thought out, highly valuable, extremely actionable, and easy to implement practices, strategies, tactics, methods, and plans.

As far as I agree with what has been told, I may suggest one more thing.

Stories. I am deadly serious - writing stories might be good idea to learn how to write with interesting style. Content marketing is completely different thing but you may get bored after few tries, while stories are always an option to improve your writing style and learn how to make customer (reader) interested.

So yeah, practice makes perfect but if you think it's still bad, maybe just hire a copywriter? Not all of us are good athletes, not all of us are perfect in algebra so maybe you are just bad in writing? It's nothing to be ashamed.

Not to be over critical ...
I would work on your English punctuation and grammar ...
it's =it is (contraction)
its: means it belongs to

maybe just hire a copywriter? Not all of us are good athletes, not all of us are perfect in algebra so maybe you are just bad in writing?
If you can manage it -- that's not a bad way to go.

banners
Back