The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

How to Pick Your 1st Niche

#1 is the piece of advice I hear from ALL successful bloggers. If you find a niche that you are passionate about, it will definitely make your life easier and come across in your writing (not to mention make it less of a chore). Hmmm... now to just narrow down all my interests....

I would have to say excellent way in finding a niche, sometimes you could take hours even days trying to figure out a niche, these steps really can help a newbie starting out.

Re: Choosing a Niche...

Finding your first niche is a really important skill to grasp - in fact finding a niche full stop is a vital part of your online success...

Hi Guys,

Been away for a while. Doing a little traveling and spending time at the beach.

Because I am a bit press for time here are a couple of FAST ways to find decent niches:

1) Go to your local national book store. Now stand in front of the magazine racks. If the magazine has been around for a few years you can bet its a good niche (do you know how expensive it is to put out a physical magazine each month?...Jeepers!)

2) Check with Google's "hot trend" tool. Keep track of it for a week or so. Surviving topics are usually good niches.

3) Finally, don't forget the "Niche of a Niche". Honing in on a good sub-niche is where you will find the sweet spot. If you are into birding maybe specialize in exotic birds. If you dig dogs maybe specialize in little doggies. You get my drift!

Okay. There goes my phone again. Gotta GO!

Jack

I never really understand the importance of finding a niche, I always thought I will try everything and something will pay off. Now I am learing the important of finding a niche and maximizing it.

Target a niche market to have a profitable online business. Choosing the niche with high demand and low competition is more important.

Judge the competition of your niche field

Know the number of searches for the related keyword

Calculate the time and money needed to get started

Know the quality of the traffic of your niche

Choose a niche with more growth opportunities

{link removed}

Last edited by a moderator:
i want to start up a new site, but i have no idea what it should be about, i want enough traffic to atleast get me a couple of bucks in my pocket at the end of month. I know how to market it, but what should it be.... was the question. thanks for the post

This article really hits me. I've been thinking of focusing on "swimming lessons" niche because thats one field I know about...I hope its not yet late

Thanks Linda

One of the things that I always tell new people to the game, is make sure that you get market, at least initially, something that you are familiar with or like. If you are unfamiliar with, or don't like a particular product, designing a campaign around it is going to be extremely difficult. On the other hand, if you choose to focus on products that you like and understand you will dedicate the time and effort into the campaigns and make them successful.

I think alot of people mistake "Niche" with "area and these are two very different things.

For example Weight Loss is an area where as Weight Loss Pills or Loose Weight Power Walking is a "Niche" within the weight loss area, where you can limit the competition and traffic for a certain product you wish to sell or promote, its no good promoting a general weight loss Ebook or course it needs to be more speciffic than that otherwise your gonna fail to gain any momentum.

Hope this helps.

thanks for sharing the blog guys, 'm not rew to this stuff, but it's a good read. For the noobs, dont just read - give it a start, and make sure to use a few aff networds..

Most Common Question It Seems "What Do I Promote"

Great post! Yeah there are so many different ones so you have to start somewhere. Ask yourself, What do I care about, what are my hobbies, etc,etc

terrific resource. thank you! I am certainly an advocate for "finding something you are passionate about" regarding niche blogging. It is so important to love the theme, feel confident in the theme, and be able to habitually discuss the theme of any niche in order to attain success.

I have find a very good nichie and my site was ranked at top in Google search engine but suddenly my site was penalize by google without any reason. But you are right, selection of nichie is very important.

I often start by choosing the product and the way of monetization. After I'm done with that I find different keywords, which will suit to promote my product.

It is easy:
  • easy to rank
  • high search volume
  • high CPC, general profitability

Picking a Niche seems so darned difficult so many to choose from... when you look at stats the things i am interested in aren't big money makers so do i follow stats or interest... i am into this to make money. Advise please.

Follow interests. That will make it a whole lot easier for you to promote the product or service and to create decent original content about the product or service.

banners
Back