The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How to Pick Your 1st Niche

I enjoyed "7 steps to choose a Niche...". Excellent article! Thanks much for sharing Linda. Ultimately, it boils down to being passionate about whatever one chooses to market. Because if there isn't an interest, your readers/subscribers will easily notice that and will get turned off. Afterall, why would want to dedicate time and energy into something you aren't passionate about?

This one is AWESOME TOO.

Goes into how to find a bunch of niches quick and easy, then filter through different key word tools to find the ones that may be profitable, yet not too competitive.

<a href="http://courtneytuttle.com/2008/01/22/keyword-sniping-finding-and-choosing-profitable-niches/">Keyword Sniping - Finding And Choosing Profitable Niches</a>

Finding Your First Niche

Finding your first niche is a really important skill to grasp - in fact finding a niche full stop is a vital part of your online success

The basics are that there are millions of websites out there and so if you try and compete against keywords or themes where the interent is already crowded, then your site wont be listed high enough in the search engines for anyone to know its there

Its a vital part of getting traffic and generating sales to pick the right kind of niches, and therefore get lots of free traffic every day from the search engines. these visitors are highly targeted and that means they are really interested in your website content. These people are thousands of times more likely to buy than say some guaranteed traffic service or even an advertising campaign. You will find that you don't need a huge number of quality visitors to actually start making quite alot of money, say $500 or so - this is my experience anyway

So how do you go about it

A simple approach I use is first start with a main keyword - notice I say a keyword and not a keyword phrase. Its best to start "at the top" of the keyword structure so to speak, and work down

So say if you are going to be an affiliate for a product to do with "fishing" - then I would go to google and type in "fishing" You will see probably loads and loads of sites in the box at the top where it says 1-10 out of xxx,xxx. You want to get this "out of" number down - if you look at something like "mobile phone" or "business opportunity", "work from home" etc you will see its way way too high

Now I would look down the ads and the main listings - but especially the ads down the right hand side, and see if you can find another word which you can add to your main keyword - in this case "fishing" - so say we found "fishing tackle" that would make a 2 word keyphrase.

Then you can go back to the search box and see how many sites you get when you type in your 2-word phrase. It might still be too many so you might need to try other keyword phrases - but fairly quickly you should be able to find something that you can "go with"

One final point is that if you type in a keyphrase and you see that there are very few ads down the right hand side - then this is a warning point. Discard this keyphrase immediately and go back to finding more. You should have at least 8 ads otherwise forget the niche. The advertisers are important because these people are paying a huge amount of money to get their ad on the first page. There is a kind of auction, and only the people who have either paid the most per click or get the most clicks on their ads that will get them on the first page - so they can't afford to be paying say $2 a click unless the ad really is working, so this gives you a clue

This site is unbelievable for a wealth of knowledge and tips on how to be successful and happy! I own a website, and a company. However, I am learning so much to help me in just reading your posts.

I have found that finding your niche, is as simple as what do you have the most experience in? What do you like to do in your spare time? Usually those things, are the vehicles that will make you money, because you enjoy or know them the most.

This thread is very informative, thank you. Picking your first niche is a good start, but the second should be even better. Each site, you should make better, and better!

the 7 steps

Just read the whole article.

list the 7 steps here to convenience the readers.

7 Steps To Choose A Niche For Your Blog

Written by George Manty ? April 25, 2007

1. Make A List Of Your Passions
Write down all the things you are passionate about. If you aren’t passionate about the topic you write about, it will show! Passion is one of the biggest keys to keeping people interested in your blog (yourself included). This is the most important step in choosing a niche. If you don’t follow any of the other steps in this post, make sure you write about something you are passionate about.

Read the rest here 7 Steps To Choose A Niche For Your Blog

I still feel that when choosing a niche, the more passionate you are, the more enticing and readable it will be. As long as you can put your personality into your writing, people will see the originality in that, and realize that they are getting something that they have not read before, YOU!

In addition, writing about what you know, also makes a good read. Being passionate might be more fun, however, if you have the experience, people will see that and gravitate to your experience as well.

Now if you can combine, experience in a certain field with passion, Boom! You, have the perfect ingredients.

This is just an off the wall comment regarding niches, take it as you may...

I believe we are all on this forum because we are affiliate marketers, for the most part. So, what does that mean? Well...we sell other people's products.

I've learned that in order to be successful doing that, you should master a couple of strategies.

1. Learn to adapt to certain niches that will be profitable for you. For example...if you love dogs, and you ae passionate about dogs, maybe a dog training membership or eBook is the way to go. But you scour the affiliate marketplace and discover...hey, there's just not much to be made selling these products. Well, find something else, and adapt. Become a master of that niche.

2. Once you've found a good money-making niche, launch a campaign targeting that niche...

a.)build landing/opt-in page...
b.)create an email series for your autoresponder...
c.)get traffic to your landing/opt-in page(which should capture the lead and direct them to the sales page) using all forms of traffic building...
d.)make sales

3. Once you know how to set up a campaign, say for a Forex product, then you just rinse and repeat.

So, if you follow these steps again and again, you will have several affiliate campaigns out there, getting traffic and sales everyday, on autopilot. Sort of a set it and forget it theory.

Now, if you can do that with, say, 10-20 niches that you are passionate about, awesome. But, we are all here to make profits, and focusing on one niche may work, but I've always found it's best to diversify. Divide and conquer!

Cheers to your success!

Oh darn My Sites too nitche ...

I was talking with someone today that just joined our Affiliate Network and she was complaining about having a niche site . She was worried that her small niche sites were too small too targeted to do anything with.

I informed her that her niche was a very desirable niche site and her visitors and readers incredibly are exactly what Advertisers are looking for.

I was shocked (that she didn't realize the goldmine she was sitting on) they were shocked (that there small little sites were so interesting to advertisers) and I hope we are both will be shocked with the amazing conversions.

It's the kind of thing we affiliate managers hear all the time - tell me how to monetize our site and when we get on like this it's like a kid in a candy store we have so much fun working together.

It was a great conversation and we are thrilled to have them. :)

Great story Luke and one of the most rewarding things about being an affiliate manager! Thanks for sharing so other newbies can maybe realize their little niche could have potential if they ask an affiliate manager for their opinions and help.

Great story Luke and one of the most rewarding things about being an affiliate manager! Thanks for sharing so other newbies can maybe realize their little niche could have potential if they ask an affiliate manager for their opinions and help.

OMG --YES Affiliate networks are built on small sites and creative individuals and I would suggest smaller publishers/ affiliates out there seek out any advertisement or sponsorship sales be it a large network or a local mom and pop shop every -- every Advertiser needs the right eyeballs on their Ads and any little site might have that.

Going back years some of the best arrangements I have been involved in were with small mom and pop Advertisers reaching local traffic.

Never give up !

Ebay to find niche

Using ebay is good - I would combine wit the other methods talked about in the main post- you want to see if people are advertising in your niche and you also want to make sre you can afford to be in that niche.

Personally I just found an ad that converts at 28% off my niche site so I am trying to kill it today to make up for campaigns that did not convert.

-LJS

hi i am looking to pick a niche and was thinking along th elines of maybe pink hd tv's is this nichey enough? Thanks

Katy:)

finding a niche

hi everyone i have been racking my brain to try and find a niche to start a blog and build it up.I want it to become profitable but want to be intrested in my topic too.I have thought about boxing as i have loved it since i can remember and know a lot about it, is this a good niche to get into and what would be the best way to start up.Thanx mike.:)

Hi Katy,

Pink HD TV isn't a niche it's a single type of product. I think it may be too small a market and also after a quick search I didn't really see any, well I found one for sale on Amazon. Have you done keyword research on it? There isn't very much demand but there isn't much competition either.

Mike I'll do some cking on boxing next.

Mike,

There's lots to choose from in the boxing niche. Boxing itself I think it too competitive if you just learning. I don 't know enough about boxing to pick a good sample niche so try doing the research your self using the tools and methods in this example.

http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5...-interested-affiliate-programs.html#post38278

Off the top of my head I'd look at some of the KW between 120 and 30.
Free Keyword Suggestion Tool From Wordtracker

Pick 3 or 4 that interest you and that you think there would be people interested in buying something. So for instance bikini boxing or history of american boxing may not be people interested in buying boxing related products or whatever. Then use the KW tools in that top link and run the numbers. I ran the numbers real quick on "boxing workouts" and it looked pretty good for example.

banners
Back