The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How to motivate yourself?

The problem that I have is the fact of not seeing any results from my efforts. I tend to need to have instant satisfaction for my results or effort.

A lot of people are that way mcd3inc. That's part of the reason I recommend newbies start off with a not too competitive niche. So they can see some early results from their efforts and be motivated

linda,

would you believe that my failures are what motivates me to get this far in this industry? my wife and some friends have been criticizing me for being stubbornly spending time and money to follow my dream of someday becoming an internet entrepreneur.

the more they criticize me, the more failures i meet and overcome, the more driven i am.

my first year getting serious in this, i only made $100 freakin' bucks! imagine that. i feel humiliated from all those criticisms but it didn't break down my spirit.

today, at least my hosting and domains are being paid for plus a little extra for my pocket. not much, but i'm getting there.

with more push and focus, i know i will eventually reach my goal.

best to all,

manuel

Hi Manuel,

Failure CAN be a big motivator and I'm glad that it is for you. Some people let failure discourage them and they give up, but others realize every time they fail that just puts them one step closer to success.

Kudos to you and keep on trying! Sounds like success could be right around the corner for you if you stay focused on the end goal.

thanks for those encouraging words, linda.

no wonder you are one of the successful ones in this field. i believe that in any kind of endeavor - be it business or a dream job, failing is part of the process. maybe there are a lucky few who did not go through it, but the average person has to overcome many, many difficulties before earning the wisdom to really see which path to follow in realizing his/her dream.

it's all coming together for me now and i wish everyone here the same. affiliate or internet marketing is a monstrous market. remember that. there is something for everyone in this industy - you just have to persevere and keep looking for your place in the internet marketing sun.

Everyone here has great ideas on how to motivate yourself. My main way to motivate myself is I'm thinking of those senior people that are still working nowaday whenever I visit retail stores; Safeway, Long Drugs, Rite Aid, etc...I still see them bagging, cleaning, and do other Labor jobs. That's when I'm thinking to myself, put me in their shoes; can I do what they're doing? Do I see myself working instead of just enjoying my senior years when I reach that age? Therefore, that's the biggest motivation for me, sacrificed a bit right now and focus on reaching financial stable when I reach the age to retired. I want to travel when I reach senior year, instead of worrying about paying bills monthly.

I just post big note in the wall. That note has my ultimate goal. When I'm tired of my work I just read that note.

MI
Back