The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

How to motivate yourself?

Klaas Koopman

affiliate
Hey All,

been a while since i've posted here, but here goes:

How do you guys motivate yourself? Motivation is my biggest problem as I tend to start a project, and then keep it on the net but don't improve it or even finnish it!

Please help me out!

Motivation is a hard one. Do you set goals and then reward yourself when
you hit them? Sometimes that helps.

Look forward to hearing some other people's ideas.
I'm tired and not feeling very 'motivated' to come
up with creative suggestions right now. :eek:

Before you start one of these projects, you have to decide upon a specific goal. Even if it's something simple like "I want to generate 500 to this landing page". Then you have to create your plan of the steps you will take to achieve that goal.

I think the biggest distraction in keeping motivated, is not having a clear path and a clear endpoint for success. If you establish both of these things, unless you are just simply not interested in that specific project, you should have no problem keeping motivated and staying on task!

Motivation is a hard one. Do you set goals and then reward yourself when
you hit them? Sometimes that helps.

Look forward to hearing some other people's ideas.
I'm tired and not feeling very 'motivated' to come
up with creative suggestions right now. :eek:

Thanks for your tip Linda

Klaas, here is a thread that contains several motivation tips. You might find a few that are worth trying to see if they will help you http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5...ation/10-work-home-motivation-ideas-tips.html

Thanks Larwee that will be a reall help!

Before you start one of these projects, you have to decide upon a specific goal. Even if it's something simple like "I want to generate 500 to this landing page". Then you have to create your plan of the steps you will take to achieve that goal.

I think the biggest distraction in keeping motivated, is not having a clear path and a clear endpoint for success. If you establish both of these things, unless you are just simply not interested in that specific project, you should have no problem keeping motivated and staying on task!

Sounds good, thanks for your tip, i'll try it out!

Hi Klaas,

I always believe that motivation comes from within. And to do that, you need to really understand what you want to achieve.

For me, I always wanted to have more time for myself, my family and my love one.

So, the next time you are feeling down or didn't perform according to what you want, think of what you want to achieve in life and why.

By the way, reading quotes, bibliography, motivational books, blog posts and articles do help.

Here are some sites you can visit for motivation:

Motivational Articles: A Collection of Motivational Articles
Motivation Articles, Essays, Tips and Advice
Self Improvement
Motivational Articles

Another easy and fast way to get motivated is to talk to the Forum Members. :D

Hope that helps. :D

Another great read for not only motivational purposes, but also goal setting is a book called Think and Grow Rich. This book is a collection of success stories from some of the biggest names in business. You have probably seen mentions of it in other places, but it is a must read!

This book can literally help you teach yourself how to self motivate, set goals and accomplish anything you desire in life.

I highly recommend it for anyone beginner or veteran.

And find something to promote that you're passionate about or know a lot about - it really helps and adds even more confidence.

And if you're one who really just cannot stick to one thing for very long, then this may not be the type of work you want to get into. You need to be very dedicated and persistent.

Hey All,

been a while since i've posted here, but here goes:

How do you guys motivate yourself? Motivation is my biggest problem as I tend to start a project, and then keep it on the net but don't improve it or even finnish it!

Please help me out!

Hello Klaas,

Set your goal, what is that you want to achieve with that project? After that, just think what are you willing to do to reach your goal. Make a list of the things that you have to do with your project. And every day just resolve one thing on the list. Eventually the tasks on your list will end up.

When you're done, just make a new list and complete the tasks.

This methods works great for me. Maybe it will work for you too. Try it.

Kind regards,
Izabella

My motivation comes from a desire to start a successful business my first time around. Almost everybody that starts a small business fails within the first year, and I fully plan at 19 to create a working business model within two years and to start hiring close friends as employees within five.

I am a very independant minded person and I would not like to work in a company where I am a number that is paid x amount due to my title, so I plan to work for myself for my entire life (partnerships, etc. I'm fine with).

how i motivate myself

Hello, :) getting motivation and staying motivated is not an easy thing to do, but, i think i have found a way of motivating myself.
I re-affirm to my self that LOVE is the principal motivating factor that ever exist. I simply tell myself that "i love myself and there are people who love me" this simple statement always propell me to action. This is so for so many reasons,but one is to meet the needs of those i love (which i am one of them):)

That made sense...some sort of an acceptance to given situations and the ability to reason out issues also can be a great motivator! Most of all the capability to assume onus for all the obstacles you face helps!

how i get motivation for success

I find that in any great pursuit, it can be very easy to lose motivation. But there are a few things i currently use to keep me motivated.

1.) Set goals, no goal is ridiculous, just make it real for what you want to put in. For example if you set a goal to make 6 digits in one year, understand that and be prepared to bust your *** to reach that goal.(speak in definitives) I will make $100,000 this year vs. i will try to get rich this year

2.) Realize that as far as is know, you only have ONE life. And tell yourself that you are to demand the best of it.

3.) Develop habits that align with your goals, remove ones that dont.

4.) Be hard on yourself when it comes to self-discipline, noone is motivated 100% of the time, good habits and self-discipline is what gets you through when you lose morale.

5)Remove failure from your vocabulary, there are no failures, there are only stumbling blocks.

--I also find that visualization works quite well. while your in the shower, daydream about having attained your goals.

I find that I can be motivated if it is something I am interested in more so than if I am getting paid a lot of money. Once in a while everyone hits a rut though and the best thing to do is go do something completely different. When I can't look at a computer any longer I go on a walk outside or take a nap and then get back at it recharged.

Sometimes you can not depend on motivation, but rather have to fall back on discipline. Sometimes you will have a few off days, feel gloomy and there will be little to shake the feelings, even more so when things are not as you wish they were.

This is where you have to use pure willpower to just get the job done, and this is discipline.

I know everyone wants to be motivated, I do myself also, but you still have a job to do, a business to run, and sometimes you have to be like NIKE, "Just Do It".

But to answer the question directly, I generally take a few days off, go for walks, get my feet in the grass and get back to nature instead of the tech and other un-natural things we do for hours on end to do our jobs.

Theres a great thread on here with many tips for motivation. The main key is to try and try again if you dont succeed, because one day you will succeed.

So right Blackpool!
I have always been motivated by "Money" and when I started trying to make some online it was not going the way I hoped so I tried again and again till one day something 'clicked' (no pun intended) What I had done was use something that I had done as a kid when I was bored and wanted to entertain myself. Something that was lost in all the years of working for the other guy came creeping back. What I call it is " Open Minded Creativity"
The challenge to come up with something new and unique motivates me to no end and seeing it produce the original motivating factor "Money" motivates me even more!
Some may say I'm too materialistic but I think thats what all of us are here for.
Everyone...Try to use a little Open Minded Creativity and throw some new irons in the fire. You may be surprised at what simple little thing can work. If not ...try again!

I have goals that I strive to reach every day when I get home from work. Since I only have a few hours after getting my family situated each night I do not make my list any bigger than I can accomplish so I do not set myself up for failure.

The best part of the motiviation though, is an online friend who is at the same level as I, and we both hook up each night and tackle new techniques that we have both picked up along our journeys.

This has has been a true blessing and a very positive influence for furthering my goals towards success;)

MI
Back