How to Install Prosper202.

K

Administrator
Administrator
Internet Marketing Deals
High Converting Landing Pages | ConversionWise
howtoinstallprosper202.png

How to Install Prosper202.

This guide will walk you through how you can easily install Prosper 202 on your domain to track your affiliate links and conversions.

Prosper202

Prosper202 is the most used and common affiliate marketing tracking tool. A lot of people find it very confusing at first but i will explain how to install it here then in another guide show you how to use it. If you have never used a tracking tool before this is a great one to start with however i always use one called PPV Demon. They essentially do the same thing and get the same result.

Register a Domain

Prosper needs to be installed on it's own domain so i highly suggest you register a new domain for all your tracking needs, take advantage of our $0.01 a months hosting and sign up now. I would suggest registering a domain that is just for tracking for example COMPANYNAMETRACKING.COM.

Create a Database with MySQLWizard
Login to your hostgator cPanel and create a database, then create a user and password and attach them to the database. This can be done via using the MySQLWizard tool in the cPanel. You will need to give them full permissions and complete the steps. Write down or memorise the user and database details.

Download Prosper202

Download the latest version of Prosper202 from their website, you can find it here.

Upload the Files onto your root Domain

Unzip the download file of Prosper202 and open your FTP client. Drag and drop all the upload files into your root directory on your new domain.

Edit the 202-config-sample.php File
You will need to edit this file name to, 202-config.php and then open it with a text editor and input your database details. Once you have entered the database details save under the new filename and reupload. You only need to enter your database username, password and name. Do not touch anything else.

Start the installation Process

Once the files have completed uploading visit your new domains root, for example YOURDOMAIN.COM. It should now prompt the installation walk through.

Last edited:
Good one K. Guide is pretty detailed, good for anyone using the tool for the first time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edit the 202-config-sample.php File

This step is not needed, because you can use the p202 install routine.

I did it. Thanks. I followed the guide step by step and amazed it is so easy to do. :D
I did not use subdomain. I am lucky I have some domain here for tracking purposes.
Very detailed guide :)

Thanks K, ready installed on my domian, had to talk with a guy from the hosting service, prosper202 was given some error messages. Dont know what this guy did, but now it's already runing.

Yes, thanks Coach.
I just bought Prosper202 but i don't know where i buy a good VPS to run it. This tool need memcache support so I can't setup it with my share hosting now ( baby -hosgator). Memcache just support in level 5 in Hostgater VPS but it's very expensive with new marketer as me. Please give an advice: Where and which plan for a VPS to run Prosper202?
Thank so much!

Do I need VPS plan? or Gator baby plan is enough

You should use a VPS. There have been some issues being reported recently regarding HostGator. Stuff I've read around the forums. I recently picked up a VPS with BlueHost for $30 a month. It's been working well. Thing is, they are owned both by the same company, Endurance International Group. Here is a list of hosting companies owned by the:
2slick.com
AccountSupport
A Small Orange
ApolloHosting
Berry Information Systems L.L.C
BizLand
BlueDomino[
Bluehost
Dollar2Host
Domain.com
DomainHost
Dot5Hosting
Dotster
easyCGI
eHost
EntryHost
FastDomain
FatCow
FreeYellow
Glob@t
Homestead
HostCentric
HostClear
HostGator
Hostnine
HostMonster
hostwithmenow.com
HostYourSite.com
HyperMart
IMOutdoors
Intuit Websites
iPage.com
IPOWER/iPowerWeb
JustHost
MyDomain
MyResellerHome
NetFirms
Networks Web Hosting
Nexx
PowWeb
PureHost
ReadyHosting.com
Saba-Pro[11]
SEO Hosting
Southeast Web
Spry
StartLogic
SuperGreen Hosting
USANetHosting
VirtualAvenue
VPSLink
WebHost4Life
Webstrike Solutions
Xeran
YourWebHosting

I set up success Prosper202 on VPS DigitalOcean. I recommend you using VPS DigitalOcean because just 5$ per month. Tool run very smooth.
Any need help please contact me via Skype: haotam1986

banners
Back