11. atlantaplumbing.com + plumbingatlanta.com somebody owns them
  12. I used domains.google.com
  13. but I can get atlantaplumb.com for $9.99 yr
  14. and I know it is good
  15. because somebody uses plumbatlanta.com
  16. Next I build a funnel website
  17. with an estimate form
  18. looks just like a plumbing business site
  19. then I receive the forms --> traffic from SEO + PPC --> not $58.35 cpc but long tail variants (like "fix broken pipes in little five points")
  20. and sell to an affiliate plumbing program --> osiaffiliate.com/plumbing-service/
Has anybody tried this?

Last edited:
I was told the rules of
directive v. creative in the terms of advertising 30 years ago.
Today they apply as well to the internet in general.
Directive search like home repairs and improvements is dependent of a local presence and not some foreign call center.

So, will living off the scraps be worthwhile?
Home repairs are a very local thing usually.

Anyone who is a homeowner knows this.
I would call people who own homes and property locally that I know and ask them for any referrals FIRST before I would consider any random internet website --truth.
Yellowpages.com and Yelp reviews would be the next choice
Then local.craigslist.com
then https://www.angi.com/
Some people might be lazier and trust some call center ...

opps lolz
1643476071730.png

Last edited:
Some people might be lazier and trust some call center ...
I do not know what your point is?
Search volume is determined
by the number of people searching Google
has nothing to do with call centers
or word of mouth referrals
--> I was asking for advice about the funnel
maybe you have some first hand tips?
not about the overall concept
there is no argument
it is most definitely a thing

The point is you are losing focus
***** Diversification *****
fighting on two fronts
and I believe my army is strong enough
because I cannot wait any longer
2022 must be the year I crack this
you are going into a market without understanding the market.
and I have been to over 100 towns
right across the continent of NA
plus lived one quarter of my adult life
in USA + Canada
at street level
so I know about local needs
You are planing to conquer the world with a domain typo hijack and some iffy tool's data.
Not so actually
planning to rank top 3
for location + service searches
using my advanced SEO skills
and Ubersuggest which is not iffy
Good luck
Thanks @Graybeard
but planning to use my skills
rather than my crystal ball

The point is you are losing focus
you are going into a market without understanding the market.

You are planing to conquer the world with a domain typo hijack and some iffy tool's data.
Good luck

Directive search like home repairs and improvements is dependent of a local presence and not some foreign call center.

This is very accurate! This has been tested and split tested every way and the results are always the same. The local consumer wants a local connection. Do not despair, there is a way to get this done, you just do not want foreign call centers in the mix.

This is very accurate! This has been tested and split tested every way and the results are always the same. The local consumer wants a local connection. Do not despair, there is a way to get this done, you just do not want foreign call centers in the mix.
Not planning to use foreign call centers
only planning to use local vendors
who use local phone numbers
all I am doing is getting traffic
then redirecting to local vendors
through an affiliate marketing company
keen to know if anybody here does this?
TY

By the way
using multiple local websites
all with unique local content
like fishing hooks
collecting local fishes
then selling to local fishermen
who then sell at market
for all round profit

For optimal local connection results you may want to consider building a report, not a review, and be a diligent researcher for the report to make it as professionally represented as possible. You will be piecing this out to your site a bit at a time. The report will be made to look like a local news piece on your site, news that continues to grow (real news does this). You should plan to add to the article reporting weekly and maybe several times a week. I've done many of these in the charter fields. First look for locally published information (since you are doing local promotion) on the professional services you plan to promote. There are a couple of areas to focus on. First is the "dirt". Find all of the "down and dirty" about the top 10 competitors locally. Then find the praises. Incorporate them in the narratives you will be using for content over time.

Now, of course, there is a great deal more to explain. However, let me give you a recent example of my own efforts in the charter jet field. During the onset of Covid, the private air charter biz was heating up. I noticed a piece on this industry reported on by a journalist on one of the Sunday morning shows. It was how loads of private jet owners were offering up their captains, crews, and jets for private charter after COVID hit us. Well, they were not registered for this purpose and were not licensed for this purpose (aka "grey charters"), no AOC's. This simple fact gave me a perfect angle for content on one of my charter sites (completely lead gen). I have been adding content for 20 months now just on that information (that, of course, is not the only subject I cover). I've had every one of my service providers commend me for keeping that particular information growing and current on my sites. Just this information by itself helped me increase bookings for my offer providers, earned me loads more money, and have had incredible amounts of praise and loyalties from my clients.

Do the research in bulk for your lead gen sites, you will gain a following and loyalty from the consumers and great relations from the offer or service providers.

BTW, there are an abundance of great "content marketing" examples right here in this community. We have many of our Resources that excel at this and reap the rewards big as a result!

I don't really understand the process of just generating leads and just selling them for revenue.
I once explored it and looked at the people that would buy them and what I saw was very flaky --so I just wrote it off.
This is how I see it
there are many high skilled people
they do excellent jobs in their community
but they do not possess marketing skills
or have the time to keep updated
so they have 3 choices
  1. go on 100% word of mouth
  2. try to do it themselves
  3. get somebody else to do it --> me
I will build the website
I will generate the traffic from SEO
they will pay commission for leads
if everything works like a cosy marriage
the final step is PPC

I don't really understand the process of just generating leads and just selling them for revenue.
I once explored it and looked at the people that would buy them and what I saw was very flaky --so I just wrote it off.

Do the research in bulk for your lead gen sites, you will gain a following and loyalty from the consumers and great relations from the offer or service providers.
Your lead for something like home repair is VERY perishable. Time sensitive to the max.

As far as home improvements go --I held a residential builder's license for 15 years and sold many hundreds of jobs.

When I was in the retail end --windows, siding and roofing --we ran a boiler room back then. So, maybe we would buy internet leads today but they are not worth that much as just a lead. On a per sale basis they are as sale was $2K to 10K average. But for plumbing or other (usually small repair jobs) they are not. Maybe, $25 to $50 max if you are not selling through a lead broker. You are looking at a $500 - $2500 ticket --and in the building trades that's a small margin.

But what do I know LOL ...
I got out of that business for good reasons ...

Well, that clears up a few things for me.

The true process is not "just generating leads" and "just selling them". That is not even 5% of the processes. Now I know why you were dismissive of the advice I offered.

For optimal local connection results you may want to consider building a report, not a review, and be a diligent researcher for the report to make it as professionally represented as possible. You will be piecing this out to your site a bit at a time. The report will be made to look like a local news piece on your site, news that continues to grow (real news does this). You should plan to add to the article reporting weekly and maybe several times a week. I've done many of these in the charter fields. First look for locally published information (since you are doing local promotion) on the professional services you plan to promote. There are a couple of areas to focus on. First is the "dirt". Find all of the "down and dirty" about the top 10 competitors locally. Then find the praises. Incorporate them in the narratives you will be using for content over time.

Now, of course, there is a great deal more to explain. However, let me give you a recent example of my own efforts in the charter jet field. During the onset of Covid, the private air charter biz was heating up. I noticed a piece on this industry reported on by a journalist on one of the Sunday morning shows. It was how loads of private jet owners were offering up their captains, crews, and jets for private charter after COVID hit us. Well, they were not registered for this purpose and were not licensed for this purpose (aka "grey charters"), no AOC's. This simple fact gave me a perfect angle for content on one of my charter sites (completely lead gen). I have been adding content for 20 months now just on that information (that, of course, is not the only subject I cover). I've had every one of my service providers commend me for keeping that particular information growing and current on my sites. Just this information by itself helped me increase bookings for my offer providers, earned me loads more money, and have had incredible amounts of praise and loyalties from my clients.

TY @T J Tutor
Am trying to digest all of this
so is what you are saying
that I should look for local news
about the location + service
post several times weekly
find what competitors are getting wrong
and how my client gets it right
then expand on the story?

I have very little patience for local business and middlemen.

Yeah, I can see that with local businesses. In fact, it is the reason I focus on international markets and the international businesses that support them. I did real estate leads for many years and it was tedious, but also proved profitable for a while. Now, not so much. Angies List is an example of what works at the local level, in a fashion. They have had a hard time staying in the black for a long time now.

As for middlemen, well, publishers and affiliates are middlemen (and women).

TY @T J Tutor
Am trying to digest all of this
so is what you are saying
that I should look for local news
about the location + service
post several times weekly
find what competitors are getting wrong
and how my client gets it right
then expand on the story?

So, I am recommending story telling on that which effects the local market, and it can even include national and/or international based trends, shortcomings, activities, products, services, etc., etc. Anything that will be a factor for the local businesses you want to develop leads for.

For example, say I research the top 10 or 20 Atlanta plumbers. I found all of the "good" and all of the "bad" about these entities showing up in the media over the past 5 years, or maybe even 10 years. I would likely find that they got to be in the top 10 or 20 by being really great at what they do. However, there is not a business on the planet that does not have dissenters. I could use the businesses dissenters, or maybe their worst dissenter, as an article opener. Maybe a title for the article that says something like, "XYZ Plumbing Vindicated When Sued for ***". What I would do is use all of the great info on the successful company to vindicate them from the dissenters claims and find a way to further dismiss the dissenter. Then, to continue the story, maybe start reporting on all of the community contributions the top 10 or 20 plumbers have provided. Vindication is a powerful tool for generating leads.

Maybe I can find the time to create a better example, but the core of it is a continuing story that can span a period of time.

vayan a escuchar algo parecido de unos youtubers venden humo pero al leer el post me llamo la atencion me suscribo para ver como les va en esa mini aventura

banners
Back