The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How to drive traffic from Twitter ?

Just try to be familiar with every member you follow. Ask them questions and answer to their Q's as well. Don't forget to Re-Tweet their tweets as this the best way to follow their updates and to get recommend on twitter. Following the people in your niche is good but if you can manage to convince the other niche people then it will be more great for your site.

First you follow friends and do daily updating to giving links your twitter account.

Thank

Last edited by a moderator:
To my understanding the more people you follow the more people will see you and want to do the same. Pretty much it's a circle of people following one of another for the same purpose: more exposure.

Have interesting conversations. In internet culture, it’s important to learn how to fit in. How do the business owners in your industry use Twitter?If you have a hidden agenda, it’s easy to spot. Be transparent, honest and authentic. You can read the "4 lessons from Twitter Superstar" article on taskwise.com/blog.php

create an account on twitter put your interest in it then start following the people of your niche and interest increase the no. of following to and start tweeting the web pages whenever you tweet your followers will get notification and they will come to your site too :)

It's NOT just about having followers. You will not get traffic just because you have followers. Your tweet needs to be something that actually gets people to click the link! And hopefully in turn they will do the ultimate, retweet.

This is an older thread, however, it will be interesting to see if anything has changed, or what works now and what does not.

Make the account seem creative but also professional (custom banner and avatar), when posting a link to a certain topic on your site maybe add a hashtag with some relevance of the thread. Follow twitter accounts that corresponds to the niche of your website.

Well, Twitter did not have ads accounts in 2009 when this thread was started. I think they started in April of 2010. Today, it's the best way IMO to get traffic from Twitter.

Follow the people with the same interests, post some nice post - more usefull they will be more followers you will get and with that you will start generating traffic. For sure a lot of work is involved.

This is my strategy on getting traffic from twitter:
1. First I create a really professional and good looking twitter account. I make sure to post something, set up a profile picture, bio, and a name that matches the niche.
2. Then I find a very popular twitter account who is the same niche as I am. I see the users who are following the account. Then I follow the followers.
3. According to my experience, 30% of them follow back. All I need to do is follow more and more people, but before we get a ton of followers, we still need to post random stuff.
4. Once we get a ton of followers, we can now post tweets that promote our articles and websites.

Sсhеduling Twееts саn bе vеry usеful. Think оf аll thе реорlе thаt yоu аrе missing оut оn соnnесting with whilst yоu аrе аslеер! Thаt is а hugе mаrkеt thаt yоu соuld bе соnnесting with оn thе оthеr sidе оf thе glоbе. This саn hеlр tо inсrеаsе trаffiс tо yоur wеbsitе by mаking yоur рrеsеnсе knоwn. Оf соursе, twееting yоursеlf is muсh bеttеr bесаusе yоu саn intеrасt аnd hаvе соnvеrsаtiоns with реорlе, but аutоmаting sоmе twееts саn inсrеаsе yоur оnlinе рrеsеnсе

While Twitter can be useful for any business, it's very niche orientated, and that's important to remember when your getting new followers. It might be tempting to just add anyone and everyone but while that will increase your followers, it won't increase the amount of people that interact with your page, as they simply won't be interested in what you have to say.

Following people's accounts that are in the same field as you, then hoping they'll follow you back is the best way. That's even more so if you manage to get one of the bigger names on your account, as they alone will bring with them a lot of their own followers.

MI
Back