The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How many products

BlogDiva

affiliate
How many different affiliate products do you market? For the new site I plan to launch next month I was planning to start with only one, but grow from there. What number is too many?

Thanks!

On one of my website I promote 4 products (1 in 4 different categories related to the same niche) and I still give access to a more extended list per category with more products and their rank + review.

Unfortunately there is no magic number; its all about how much you can manage and how much time you would like to commit. Of course, it is always best to start with one product and build from there, that way you won't become overwhelmed. As you build, just be perceptive of your results and only take on as much as you can handle.

How many different affiliate products do you market? For the new site I plan to launch next month I was planning to start with only one, but grow from there. What number is too many?

Thanks!

i think that 3 different products are enough
what are you planing to market?
because i'm marketing RX products and thinking to build another site for another products line.

Homer

Yea, start with one product first. Too many products create confusion, as there are too many choices for the consumer, and the consumer hates to be confused. But you can definitely scale it up from that after that if you can manage

It all depends on your niche. Like EmpyreAndrea said, there is no magic number, you should try and test out the ones that work for you.

But IMHO, it depends a lot on your niche as certain niches like self help and DIUs have the possibilities of adding far more affiliate products than other generic niches.

Thanks everyone! I think that I will start with one product to get the site rolling and then add only one more. Your feedback helped!

What if you plan to sell merchandise for a specific television show? Would the merchandise in and of itself count as the product, or would I actually have to narrow my focus to just 1 to 3 max products of the entire merchandise repertoire?

banners
Back