The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How is my lead registered?

Robert Alexis

affiliate
If I was to start doing affiliate marketing of selling gadget-related products on my website, how would they register my lead? I understand that it comes up on the link, but do they remember? In this scenario:
  1. Reader goes to the link of the affiliate product that I am marketing.
  2. Decides to look around the store a little more.
  3. Buys a few more things.
Do I get my money and for what do I get it for? Am I paid commission for all the products that the buyer buys after following my link? Or do I only get paid if the buyer goes to my link and directly buys the product from there without exiting the page?

If I was to start doing affiliate marketing of selling gadget-related products on my website, how would they register my lead? I understand that it comes up on the link, but do they remember? In this scenario:
  1. Reader goes to the link of the affiliate product that I am marketing.
  2. Decides to look around the store a little more.
  3. Buys a few more things.
Do I get my money and for what do I get it for? Am I paid commission for all the products that the buyer buys after following my link? Or do I only get paid if the buyer goes to my link and directly buys the product from there without exiting the page?

Typically there is code you put in your link that your tracker and your vendor use to track and report conversions. Cookies are used by most to establish for what period of time you are credited for sending the customer. Some are 1 day, some are 15, some 30 days. It depends on the vendor.

MI
Back