The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How does Gmail and Yahoo classify spam messages ?

Dark.banana

I just wrote html email with link to my site offering to reorder, and use smtp email soft mailwizz from new domain sent to my 1800 subscribers, checked few my email in there to see the delivery and found that gmail show notice" something in the line gmail has similar message like this before ' ((( yahoo showed the same

what should i do ?

hmmm what do you mean ? Personalize o_O?
Personalize means instead of saying "Hello", you should say "Hello {First name}", etc. If you do personalize, I don't think you would have the issue of "similar message like this before".

Also, you should take into account that you are sending from Google server, maximum 500 emails/day. If you send more than of that, you should use a dedicated email server.

Oh yeah i used to put Dear Valued Customer :confused: )) Using Mail wizz on vps with domain , however don't see any option in mailwizz with importing the contacts with names ((( only emails :mad:

Thanks For replying Bro Your Awesome

Oh yeah i used to put Dear Valued Customer :confused: )) Using Mail wizz on vps with domain , however don't see any option in mailwizz with importing the contacts with names ((( only emails :mad:

Thanks For replying Bro Your Awesome
Hmm, I don't think so. I believe all Sending Email Software has personalization feature. It should be somewhere that you haven't noticed it. Or that's a paid feature, and you are using free version. :D
(Sorry, I haven't used mailwizz before. I think you can use Mailchimp to send 1800 emails. 1800 emails, it's totally free with Mailchimp).

Hmm, I don't think so. I believe all Sending Email Software has personalization feature. It should be somewhere that you haven't noticed it. Or that's a paid feature, and you are using free version. :D
(Sorry, I haven't used mailwizz before. I think you can use Mailchimp to send 1800 emails. 1800 emails, it's totally free with Mailchimp).

It's just my Content is not allowed on mail chimp (( that is why i'm using self service
nah the service is paid not free version wrote to the tech support couldn't find it by my self ((

can you check my second post and shad some light to the idea here https://www.affiliatefix.com/threads/smtp-mail-plan-would-this-work.155132/

And what type content? That is maybe why?

I got the same message on a test email from a new sending account of a domain that I sent 2 emails from in the past to my own gmail (3 months ago)... Same message --Gmail must have a hair up their ass :p
The content I sent was a text paste from a weird blog I have with one link to the post -- no commercial or affiliate content at all in the email or on that blog at all ...

Google's GMail has opaque policies so you cannot figure out what you have done wrong. Guilty until proven innocent is Google's new policy. Google was a good idea that will end badly one day ...

I'm sure it depends on the status of your or service SMTP. Your emails also should be as personal as it possible and dont forget about 550 Spam Trigger Words To Avoid At 2019 (you can find the free ebook on Slideshare).

Hi Friends
In most cases, recipient servers don't provide any information about spam filtering to the sender of an email that was filtered.There are some things you can do to help ensure your emails are being delivered to the inbox.

Much later I sent another test mail, from a new domain on the same SMTP server, posing as an order acknowledgement -- inboxed fine -- in spite of a DKIM issue I know I need to fix.

It was the content of the email ... Google reads the content of your Gmail mail -- that's fine for my junk mail.
That ebook is useless to me -- ansi text is useful -- images of words are useless to me.
Who has all day to look for each line in a picture?

Gmail is like pissing up a rope these days -- 98% of mail sent there is spam marketing or phishing. So elGoog assumes you are guilty until proven innocent.

Much later I sent another test mail, from a new domain on the same SMTP server, posing as an order acknowledgement -- inboxed fine -- in spite of a DKIM issue I know I need to fix.

It was the content of the email ... Google reads the content of your Gmail mail -- that's fine for my junk mail.
That ebook is useless to me -- ansi text is useful -- images of words are useless to me.
Who has all day to look for each line in a picture?

Gmail is like pissing up a rope these days -- 98% of mail sent there is spam marketing or phishing. So elGoog assumes you are guilty until proven innocent.

As far as i have checked, Gmail checks a whole lot of things now a days. Its spam filter uses Tensor flow machine learning algorithm and it keeps on learning from this. I am sure it definitely checks for patterns in your email. ( they do semantic analysis and summarisation of your emails to see if words or phrases in your emails are similar to marketing or phishing emails).

As far as authentication with DKIM is concerned, it is not a definite thing...If you have SPF authenticated it works fine. there are things like sending reputation ( domain, ip and email reputation) spam complaints (gmails tolerance for spam complaints is as low as 10 in 10000 emails) links in the email (never use short urls in your emails -- it would be marked as spam) that gmail checks before classifying emails as spam.

Gmail automatically identifies spam and suspicious emails and marks those emails as spam. When you open your Spam label, you'll see any emails that were marked as spam by you or Gmail. Each email will include a label at the top that explains why it was sent to Spam.

Yahoo Mail has spam filters, so most unsolicited messages are placed in the Spam folder automatically. Nonetheless, spam will occasionally make it to your inbox. If you report the spam to Yahoo Mail, the company modifies its filters to catch that particular type of spam in the future

Last edited by a moderator:
X-Spam-Level:
X-Spam-Status: No, score=0.9 required=5.0 tests=DKIM_SIGNED,DKIM_VALID,
DKIM_VALID_AU,FROM_FMBLA_NEWDOM14,SPF_HELO_PASS,SPF_PASS
shortcircuit=no autolearn=disabled version=3.4.2
X-Spam-Report:
* -0.0 SPF_HELO_PASS SPF: HELO matches SPF record
* -0.0 SPF_PASS SPF: sender matches SPF record
* -0.1 DKIM_VALID_AU Message has a valid DKIM or DK signature from
* author's domain
* -0.1 DKIM_VALID Message has at least one valid DKIM or DK signature
* 0.1 DKIM_SIGNED Message has a DKIM or DK signature, not necessarily
* valid
* 1.0 FROM_FMBLA_NEWDOM14 From domain was registered in last 7-14
* days

new domains are suspect (I See) ...

I inbox gmail is seems ... this is runbox a secure email service I pay for in Norway ...

banners
Back