The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How do you know if an offer is good?

guyseo

Hi guys,

I wanted to know what the most important questions that you ask yourself before you start working on Affiliate offer?

Like how do you know if the offer is good?

Thx

Hard to tell when you are not the actual seller with some hard data.

Assumptive and subjective/deductive guessing -- until you convert it or it flops.

Just the usual marketing questions and often the answers are wrong.
Ask your self would you buy it? Would a friend of yours buy it? Ask some people that you know -- a study group that meets your marketing target personas. <<< that is how the pros do it.

You could pay for some spy tools and try to find similar products and see how long the ads were kept running <<< assumptive reasoning <<< no one keep pumping ad money into a loser they cannot convert?

Last edited:
There are 2 ways to know if an offer is good.

1. Ask your AM for their top offers by revenue. If one is on that list you know other people are making money with it.

2. Test a bunch of offers. You can find offers that aren't on a top offer list that make $xxx+ per day. You have to test, and test a lot to find these.

The safest way is #1 if you don't have a big test budget.

1. Ask your AM for top offers and GEOs and if you want to test it with ZP you can also write to our support or myself (my Skype is: live:justyna.liana) for some insights - so would be good to cross-check it with your TS.
2. Test many offers and GEOs on both mobile and desktop.

Hi guys,

I wanted to know what the most important questions that you ask yourself before you start working on Affiliate offer?

Thx

Everything depends on A/B testing. Ask your dedicated account manager that what converts best with your relevant traffic sources.

The best methods to check if the offer is good are a few.
First, you can make research - as said above, you can ask around or make a survey and check if people would be interested.
Testing the offer/s is a must - every time you start promoting one, you should spend the first week or so making A/B testing so you can know what works best.
Speaking with your AM is always a good option as well, as he/she can share some good ideas on how to promote the offer in the best way possible.

Only test on your traffic will show if this is a good offer for you or not.

the same offer shows different results on different traffic

Not a "retarded" question. Maybe a over asked question but not "retarded"

Anyway.....

1. Consider the price. Is is a low tier product, mid, high? You want a good mix of price points on your promoted offers but don't load up on all low tier because well you limit yourself to how much you can make. But dont just load up on high tier because it may not be a good fit for you and your promoting style/audience and you'll quickly lose $$$$.
2. Get as much data as possible. Conversion rates. Commission. etc
3. Assess the market. Competition is good. It means there is a demand. Read reviews from consumers on the product as well you want to offer something that people actually like obviously.
4. Sample the product yourself. A lot of people wont promote an offer if they dont like the product being offered themselves.
5. TEST.

The hardest I have encountered is if I can;
  1. sell enough of something for it to be profitable and
  2. often enough to be sustainable.

Unfortunately, many things are a waste of time for an individual --but if enough individuals make a sale for the vendor/(offer owner);

1. the vendor/(offer owner) will sell enough of something for it to be profitable and
  2. often enough to be sustainable.
Where you are on the food chain always makes a difference --this is called getting a fair return --*there is no answer* just periods of winning and losing

Hi guys,

Thx

I think your referencing questions is maybe a misnomer. A better question to ask here is, what processes do you use to determine the values of promoting an offer and which offers fit the predetermined campaign structures or models one has established to minimize testing costs to find the campaigns that can be scaled.

I don't ask myself questions when it comes to promoting an offer. I research the hell out of the offer to see what others have determined.

Intelligence research, and loads of testing!

Campaigns have a semi-predictable life. Find them when they are hot and before the rest of the marketers have decided to dilute the pool.

Once you have mastered this, you will have an advanced skill set developed well enough to have your own system that allows for your own unique marketing creativity that will successfully earn.

Using a good spy tool is a great way to see what offers are working... with the assumption if you see someone running an ad for a long period of time to a particular offer, then it's a pretty good indication that it's probably converting well.

You’ve built an engaged audience, you’ve examined your data to learn about them, and you’ve made a list of the products and services you can offer. You’ve done a huge amount of work to get to this point, and your audience has become your greatest asset. They’re the key to earning sustainable affiliate revenue for the long-haul, so continue this momentum by consistently delivering valuable content, paired with the offers your audience will really want.

You can't know this for sure without research. Before I started I made some search to find out how popular was the offer I was going to work with. I should say, even when I started, I wasn't 100% sure.

I use tracker AdsBridge to track conversions and to distribute traffic among my offers.

First of all, find someone that made this offer profitable in some Journey, it good mark if you find it. Second ask, any affiliate manager, in mostly situations will inform you about offer quality :)

EPHC's tend to be a great tell-all when it comes to measurable results on ROI. What I usually do is:

1. Gather a handful of "top offers" in the same vertical by reaching out to my AM's, the more the merrier!

2. You definitely want to tailor your offers according to the list and or demographics that have historically given you positive results. Note; you want to stay in your lane when it comes to refining your test budget "why reinvent the wheel"?...unless you are actively looking to diversify your traffic channels, in which case you'd want to test 2 to 3 offers in each vertical that you think your traffic would most likely respond to.

3. Whether you're media buying or mailing, you want to get an accurate EPHC metric or "Effective Price Per 'One'-Hundred Clicks". This way you can measure your "apples to apples" with a (100 click) yardstick.

4. The Offer that gives you the highest (EPHC's) is where you should push your efforts toward.

Again this is a cut and dry way to figure out which offer has the best probability of becoming "good". Keep in mind that results may vary, so you want to figure out what will work best for your list(s) and or target audience.

~Preston

It is never easy to know if an offer is good until you try it out and see the results. However, assuming that no one would be willing to spend money on an advert that they know would flop, it is always worth trying. You can consult your affiliate manager and have a test first

Everything depends on your expectations. However, I will recommend the following:
  • Check if the company is stable in the selected industry?
  • Can you comply with the company term and condition?
  • How long is the company been in business?
Hoped this may help you.

I'ts not really easy to tell whether an offer is good when you are not the actual seller with hard data.However you can test the product for possible result. Do not accept an offer that you yourself cannot buy; ask your friends and relatives and other target audience for their opinions.

In cpa marketing, you gotta have money to test and run offers. It's like gambling. Play with money you're ok with losing.

I've read and then some. CPA marketing is not for desperate people. The ballers, the shot callers, the heavy weights have skills and money. They got fxck you money.

So, do your due diligence before taking action. This game's fair.

Develop skills. Be brave. Have the courage to take action.

And....

You don't need permission to start.

MI
Back