The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How do I GROW my new affiliate program, and have you any WARNINGS?

competetowin

affiliate
Hello,

Back in the day I used to dabble in IM, but then one of my hobbies turned into a business, and I've been doing that full-time since 2012. Now I'm a father, and need my business to bring in more money, so last month I launched an affiliate program that I believe I've made to have the highest payout in the industry - 50% (naturally), which is about $100/sale. It's higher than 99design - the market leader in my space (logo design), so I think it's a good incentive.

Problem is, I don't know how to grow it, and could really use your input. Should I just cold-email random business blogs and hosting companies?

Also, are there any warnings you guys can think to share? I tried this once before, selling my service via clickbank (now I'm using AffiliateWP). CB wasn't the best channel for this, but more importantly I had no control over who signed up, and I had affiliates abuse the AdWords coupons, which ended up getting my AdWords account suspended. Have you some pointers that could help me navigate other pitfalls?

Thanks!

Best bet would be to approach top blogs in your niche , And introduce them to your affiliate program Apart form that try partnering up with hosting companies / Domain service providers etc .. And encourage them to do mailing campaigns for your etc ..

If I was you i'd first of all run a PR campaign ( Put my company/business) on credible sites . Forbes, entrepreneur.com , huffingtonpost etc And then reach out hosting and other companies ( You'r PR will help you get their liking ) and propose working on partnerships and invite bloggers after that ...

Thanks @kjrocker , Hosting and blogs was just off the top of my head. I'm really just looking for suggestions on who to approach. Plus in this instance it doesn't help that I have zero experience running a PR campaign. If you have any past posts on PR, or other resources you recommend, please share.

@aayan well, my team and I have done over 5,000 logos, so I have knowledge to share on both the technical aspects of design and on general logo theory - just ask what you want to know.

Last edited:
Thanks @kjrocker , Hosting and blogs was just off the top of my head. I'm really just looking for suggestions on who to approach. Plus in this instance it doesn't help that I have zero experience running a PR campaign. If you have any past posts on PR, or other resources you recommend, please share.
Shoe money wrote a great piece which i actually applied on him years ago and it worked, Here is the article Getting Press for Your Website, Application, or Service
You can actually hire a freelancer and get things done ? Anyways If you need contact details of contributors to big publications PM me and I will share a few i have :)

Last edited:
I found an email I sent out to my mailing list a few months ago , I will paste it here, Might give you some ideas ..

Want to use influencers to promote your stuff ? Here is a trick I just would like to share..

Hey guys here is one simple tip which always works...

Its simple send gifts, Send something which is hard to resist for them to refuse, For example when I wanted Shoemoney.com to feature my blog T shirt on jeremy schoemaker's blog I sent him my T shirt but guess what ? Even after months of waiting he didn't feature it on his blog... That is when i decided to take matters into my own hands and ordered a funny juggling video on fiver.com for $5 and sent out to Jeremy on his social media.., Within a day I was on all his social media pages and on same Friday he was wearing my Tshirt on his blog ..

That is just one simple example , In my experience traditional/ cultural stuff works great for example I live in UAE so whenever I send out a kandura people love it , Same way pakistani salwar kameez , Traditional footwear and stuff like this always works.. The key here is to send something which influencers don't see everyday in their post. You can also send gifts to the people they care about for example if an influencer has Kids, Wife , Girlfriend or someone else you can send them your presents instead of directly targeting the influencer.. This my friends always works for me in every field and cost is minimum you don't have to purchase extra expensive stuff nor you have to pay expensive advertising rates and it gets the job done, Sometimes influencers will promote you more as compared to paid advertisers as you are trying to use the backdoor and build a totally different kind of relationship

As far as I know many of your competitors offer a "Free" design creator, which isn't downloadable, or is downloadable but in low quality. If the user wants the high-quality files he must pay the premium price.
Most of the companies that do this, don't say that there is a premium price till the very end when the user has already spent like 10 minutes on creating the logo.

Wait..... you do logo design? I'm looking for someone to design perhaps a couple logos for me for some up coming eCommerce ventures I'm looking to take here real soon

As far as I know many of your competitors offer a "Free" design creator, which isn't downloadable, or is downloadable but in low quality. If the user wants the high-quality files he must pay the premium price.
Most of the companies that do this, don't say that there is a premium price till the very end when the user has already spent like 10 minutes on creating the logo.
Yes, that is correct. There are several "make your own" logo sites that have that model, but they are targeting a different mindset. My customers tend to be small business owners that prefer to hire someone to do it for them. It's not just about creativity, it's also technical expertise. Using the wrong design app will result in graphics that can't be resized without blurring. Using the wrong colors in the design will make some parts of the logo unprintable, etc. (To put it another way, a person can do his/her own taxes with quickbooks, but better to let an accountant take care of it, to have everything correct, and to take advantage of all the tax breaks.)

But, we've gotten off topic, I'm looking for ways to onboard affiliates to promote my services. Got any advice there?

Attend trade shows in your region. Invest some money and meet people on person. Print up some real nice business cards -- you want to impress people of your graphic design abilities. Offer a referral commission.

If you can afford to: attend trade shows around the world -- you can write business travel off of your taxes as an expense.

maybe work a deal out with an interested affiliate program CPL PPL for leads maybe?
I may be misunderstood your advice (apologies if I have), but I have just set up my affiliate program, and I'm using this thread to help me learn about some strategies that I can use to find interested affiliates...

Another successful method to get new leads is Craigslist.
Yes, I know what you're thinking. it's full of spam and it doesn't work. Nope.
Recently the terms on Craigslist have changed and Businesses can now add a listing on Craigslist for $5 or $10 (I don't remember exactly). What that means is that there are 90% less competition and much larger chance to stand out from the crowd.
Try it one time, and you'll see that it works miracles!

MI
Back