The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How can you monetize a site like this with CPA?

schleprock

I have this website and the offer I have on it just does not convert well. I signed up for a few affilliate Pay Per Call networks with addiction recovery but don't expect they will want me because I am unsuccessful.

So what else can i do with a site like mine to monetize it?
OR
How can I make myself attractive to the Pay Per Call people?
OR
What should I do?

Raging Alcoholic – Wishful Drinking

I did start sending traffic from LookSmart to it again, hoping the networks would see some traffic and think better of me as a prospect for their offers but I am pretty sure they are smarter than that.

is it time for me to scrap this website and start over from scratch?

To much reading IMHO and too much 'small type face.'
Did you design that website for potential conversions or for the Googlebot?

How many shit faced drunks or hung over remorseful people are going to read through all of that?

I think you need to be more to the point ...
  • Bullet lists with
  • your ads in the middle as you scroll down the page
  • responsive for mobile.

A person interested in any substance abuse rehab and a change of his life's direction already knows he's an addicted asshole who had damaged himself and his relations with others -- he doesn't need to be told that .

He's looking for redemption and is deathly afraid of having the will to make the changes he already has decided that he wants.

He's just looking for a helpful push -- not a browbeating ...

To much reading IMHO and too much 'small type face.'
Did you design that website for potential conversions or for the Googlebot?

How many shit faced drunks or hung over remorseful people are going to read through all of that?

I think you need to be more to the point ...
  • Bullet lists with
  • your ads in the middle as you scroll down the page
  • responsive for mobile.

A person interested in any substance abuse rehab and a change of his life's direction already knows he's an addicted asshole who had damaged himself and his relations with others -- he doesn't need to be told that .

He's looking for redemption and is deathly afraid of having the will to make the changes he already has decided that he wants.

He's just looking for a helpful push -- not a browbeating ...

Thanks for responding. I appreciate the help.

I did not really design it for either. I just wrote it because I could not find the information elsewhere. Afterwards I hoped to monetize it. That is when I began using Long Tail Pro, for LSI and messing around with it to make it more Google friendly. Originally I had never even heard of CPA, I thought I would monetize with Adsense. Anyway, I have been trying to get money from it now for a long time and nothing is happening. A 24 dollar Clickbank sell every 2 weeks or so, is all.

I don't mind revamping it at all. I would only need to do that for 3 or 4 pages where I expect people to land when they are looking for information (or that I try to funnel them into). That is not a big project.

A slide in would take care of the ad in the middle. A bulleted list at the top, with links, like books contents page might be adapted to the satisfy your observation about people wanting more immediate information. if that won't work I can redo the entire page

The main problem is, if this offer won't convert, how do I get one that will.
I need to find a company that will allow me to put their phone number up, so that when I do drive traffic, there will be a number for folks to call.

If I cannot get access to an offer that will convert, than I won't waste the time.

Any ideas on what Pay Per Call company will accept a never-been-successful guy?

Last edited:
GA says the average time on the withdrawal page is 9 minutes. Other pages have other times, some of my pages almost never get visited at all.

If your a drunk, like I was, you need information to make decisions. Not a sales page. You need to know what is happening to you and why it is happening. (this is also true if you are the spouse of a drunk) People are in denial - that means that they minimize and rationalize there issues away. Sometimes, however, if you show them what it looks like and they can see the same symptoms in themselves they are not able to just explain it away.

These people are used to generalized information on addiction and an industry that changes the definition and treatment of their problem all the time. I don't want to be like that. I just want to give them information and if they want help they can go get it.

I still can't make any money unless I can find an offer. American consumers are the most sophisticated shoppers in the world, they know a sales pitch when they hear it and they know when information is useful to them.

So we are back to the main question, what Pay Per Call or other CPA company will work with a new person.

How do you define information?
People know they do dumb things when they are drunk -- what is the information value there? I am not saying this just to be harsh >this has everything to do with personal motivation and the conversion of the visitor.
Your website lacks the empathy toward;
  1. awareness
  2. agreement
  3. motivation
  4. commitment
  5. decision
  6. action.
Action is the cause of conversion and successful monetization.
Your reason is not altruistic -- it is about making money while helping people in the schema we are discussing.

Sliding ads can be an intrusion and distraction too. Ads can make a website look like a zoo -- I see that a lot. Firefox text view to the rescue -- I stop the ads and all the scripts and look at the content. I am probably more tech savvy than the average visitor on a web site -- my guess is that Chrome users just exit the page if they are irritated.

I may be dead wrong on this too.

Do you use Googly-Analytics (pun intended) or some other stats program that will tell you the time on page?

It probably would take a person 7 to 10 minutes on that page to really look hard and read all that text. If you see and average under 2 minutes that page may be a FAIL as that is an average.

You have to drill down into the actual sessions; download a CSV of the stats and use an excel/office libre spreadsheet to deduce a median value.

A friend suggested MarketCall as a low barrier entry. I am doing a new website and a massive traffic test. I want to try and defer some of my ad buying costs with some affiliate traffic *offers* (for now). It's a new and unproven website ... similar situation ...

Last edited:
A friend suggested MarketCall as a low barrier entry. I am doing a new website and a massive traffic test. I want to try and defer some of my ad buying costs with some affiliate traffic *offers* (for now). It's a new and unproven website ... similar situation ...
Daniel, 10:13 AM
I got approved in marketcall very easily
marketcall.net

and one guy recommended this to me
usecallbox.com

I did mention that at the end.
I was looking through this yesterday
LinkedIn Leads and Data - Buy/Sell/Network

Like I said about the time ...

I must have misread something, somehow. Probably being overly defensive when I should have listened.

THanks for all the help Graybeard, and I will PM awesomesauce.

Hi,

If you'd like to earn money from advertising and get paid for displaying ads on your websites, you can join ad networks and exchanges, which provide marketplaces for publishers and advertisers. The ad networks buy your ad inventory and pay you to display ads from their advertisers.
EvaDav is the advertising network based on push-notifications is a new product focused on monetizing websites and providing push-notification service. Push notifications appear as small pop-ups on the screen of user’s device (PC, mobile, tablet etc.).

Good luck ☺

Last edited:
I have been thinking about this for about 2 days now.

Especially about the way I "felt" when it was time to quit. (I think I spent to much time thinking as a college student, even though i have been out of school for many years from the first degree I earned, I just assumed facts were the best way)

Graybeard is right with his 6 step program:

awareness
agreement
motivation
commitment
decision
action.

Awareness is already there. After 500 or so hangovers and failed attempts to control yourself you have a pretty good idea who the boss really is.

People on the edge, like loved ones, need facts. Real drunks already know it. They need more hand-holding to assure them things will work out and their money won't be wasted. (If you have failed numerous times, you don't want to bet your life savings on another failure)
So agreement is there ,but there is not trust.
(then there is the problem with facilities not being able to find a bed for you, if they wait more than a day or so for a vacancy people back right out of their committment)

I can go on with examples but I think you see the direction I am going.

Thanks for pointing it out. I was set in my way and just did not want to give it up. I started that site about 10 years ago when I was first getting sober. At that time information was pretty limited, so I put that together.
Now.
I am going to have to create at least 1 LP based on the principles above. That is where I will send paid traffic and I will use most of the rest of the pages to drive traffic to that LP. (although i may still send traffic to pages like relapse, withdrawal, and a few others)

Anyway

I checked out MarketCall and applied for admission. Hopefully they will accept me. And I PM'ed awesomesauce, I think, I started a "conversation" anyway. (thanks awesomesauce)

Any other tips I should know about creating a better LP (landing page)

And especially thanks Graybeard, for putting up with my shit. (you told me i dressed my "baby" funny, it took me awhile to appreciate it that sort of feedback)

Thanks to everyone else too. I appreciate all your help

I can use Bing traffic. Google won't allow me to run advertisements for addiction recovery because I am not a pharmacy or a recovery service. I am just an affiliate.
I also pay for LookSmart traffic (which is really just ClicksOcean traffic, so far as I can tell).

Where else can I get some Pay Per Click traffic from?

I also have been watching a course called "“Landing Page Design and Optimization Fundamental by Isaac Rudansky (I think is his name, he is a Search Engine Journal editor)

It is from a friend of mine, so I will need to figure out where he actually got it from. It seems too useful to be a Udemy course, but I know it is not Lynda.
Anyway, hopefully that will help me get this LP all created and generating income.

I also got accepted into MarketCall. So I will likely compare it to Palo, if they accept me, and go with the best offer.

Any opinion on the credibility of MarketCall? I know you like Palo.
I am just excited I got accepted by anyone.

Hey, No Problem.
People do not 'buy' information they are 'informed'.
If you use ads your 'customer' is aware and in many cases motivated <<< he clicked the ad. He is asking to be sold.
If your visitor is searching (search engines -- SEO) he wants information and might be monetized.

People are like dogs and cats; what I mean is that they are both animals but very different creatures -- either can make a good pet for a human.

Traffic is Ad Clicks and Search Referrals (or social media, email) they are all people that can be monetized by a Webmaster (website business).

^^^ same thing really

One size does not fit all

You really have to test offers against each other. Don't go by payout. Some networks will try and lure you in with higher payouts, but the agents won't convert nearly as many calls.

Go by earnings per call.

A lot of networks you will see actually broker the offer Palo has for addiction.

Is EPCw (MarketCall network) the earnings per call? There website describes it as that but it adds it is about popularity. In general can I just assume EPCw is the average amount I can expect to make for each call generated. So an offer may have a payout of $250 but have an EPCw of $25, meaning it takes 10 calls to generate 1 sale. (that is a made up example).

Where else can I go to get traffic besides LookSmart. Bing cannot supply a lot of traffic, Google will not supply any traffic, so where is a place to go for a start up, that has a limited budget. (the highest converting addiction recovery KWs are outrageously high priced, Long Tail Pro shows some KWs in the niche as worth more than $100, I don't have cash like that for one click, what I can do is start small and I can put all income generated back into marketing, I don't need any revenue the website might generate to live on) so every sale I make should strengthen my competitiveness by paying for more traffic or better optimization for conversions.

It's not Lame at all. Anything that works is a good idea. And I appreciate your help.
Unfortunately the offers seems to disallow traffic from nearly all "offline" sources. let me get a screenshot for you to look at:

these would not fit into the snippet but
Online SEO and Online CPC are allowed too.

traffic types.JPG
zg4CgeQ

Imgur

Wait a minute, you said "online" maybe online sources like Craigslist or "thrifty" type ads would be OK.
It says "online Boards" are allowed. Is this what you were talking about.
Maybe there is some sort of online ad service that will place an add on the top 50 sites or something.

Last edited:
Hey, is it common for Affiliate managers to not read emails and just provide vague and/or off-topic answers back to emails from new members.
I mean, is this the way it is in the industry, sink or swim, you are going to do it on your own.
Or should I see this as a bad sign.
(it was MarketCall, who seemed so disinterested in my questions)
(I think MarketCall is Russian, so that might explain it, there is a langauge barrier, she may not have understood)

Last edited:
Hey, is it common for Affiliate managers to not read emails and just provide vague and/or off-topic answers back to emails from new members.
I mean, is this the way it is in the industry, sink or swim, you are going to do it on your own.
(I think MarketCall is Russian, so that might explain it, there is a langauge barrier, she may not have understood)
You should have a close connection to your AM. If you don't, I would ask for another AM or change networks.

A good and active affiliate manager is really important.

It may sound a bit Lame, but what about local news papers -- print and online ads might be reasonable? IDK ...
Or, look into native ads ...
These type ads are sold by the media space cost not bid up by PPC correlated to the keyword.
Conversion rates will be a lot lower with creative v. directive ads but the cost is much, much lower.

It's incredible how many affiliate managers know nothing about the affiliate space. They are essentially just acting as a salesman for the affiliate network. It's extremely annoying, but unfortunately, that's how it is. Look up job listings for affiliate managers... there are like no requirements at all to have any knowledge about affiliate marketing.

The addiction niche is tricky, particularly in recent times since Google changed its policies. I left the niche when they changed policies, but I know other people still advertising on Google for addiction. They claim that there are just certain keywords that require the LegitScript certification. From what they say it seems like many of the keywords they now bid on are 'out of the box'... like you need to reallly think what the addict and/or their family would type in.... not 'rehab centers' and obvious stuff like that.

EPC on the networks is not what you want to go by. You don't know how good of a funnel the affiliate(s) sending traffic to that offer are. You can get HUGE EPC if you filter the calls with call tracking software and only send the ones that have like a 80% chance to convert. You kind of need to test the offers yourself and see what EPC you get.

Hello, schleprock. We apologize for that situation. Let us know your email, so as we can change your affiliate manager and hopefully continue working together

I was checking out disqus (comment forum on websites) and they are serving ads on the free accounts now -- not sure how they are doing it ....

Last edited:
MI
Back